[ED] system view-planet not shown

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » [ED] system view-planet not shown

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Added finally a planet in system LHS 3479 named LHS 3479 C 9.
Planet was there then I moved him to the correct place right of LHS 3479 C 8.
Clicked SAVE and got to system view but.. the planet is not seen even if the slider of the window scrolled far right.
Tried to add this planet again(if my mind was.. sleeping I might have DREAMT of adding it..) but error message appeared:
Sorry, but this object was already found for this system....

Also the site is somehow knowing there must be another planet as the windows slider extends..

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hmm.. very odd. Some how in the coordinates it got a minus -6, instead of a +6. I have now changed it, so it should appear correctly. There were a few others which had a minus too. Im not sure, but I may of changed some something in the past. Let me know if it happens again.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Err.. the last message from me "now it works again.." was supposed to be somewhere else (those not working E:D universe)..
May be posted here due too many open tabs in my browser.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Once more this time 3 planets missing.
It seems as if someone put planets on the right edge of the map they will move somehow to the topmost position.

Frigaha 8 A (up to C)
quick link

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there, thanks for letting me know.

Okay, after some thinking I know what the problem is. Instead of searching for a dash, I used a fixed location. This meant double digits caused the y coordinate to be negative (has it was misaligned). I have now changed the javascript to check the actual location. This should stop negative y coordinates.

I have also fixed 3 objects with negative y coordinates.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Great. That must be exactly the three planets i was missing Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

funny in some ways how we can lose planets Smile

You need to log-in to post here.