[ED] Error 403 when trying to access Elite news

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » [ED] Error 403 when trying to access Elite news

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hey there!

I'm getting the following:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /elite-dangerous/news/single.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When trying to access the Elite news... :S

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

You are not alone with that problem,
at the moment those pages are not accessible. Maybe Roguey is working there Smile

[edit]
Roguey told me he is indeed working on some stuff there.
So the pages will be back online when he finished fixing stuff Hate PC

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

you guys were right about the site having a few problems. Due to how things were coded in the Trade-helper, it put a lot of stress onto the database. So much so it was bringing the whole server down. I was told by the host, who disabled the whole area (to keep everything else running). I have now redone all of the modules in the trade-helper mk1/mk2 - reducing the insane query time from 32+ seconds, to around 0.3 seconds. This wasnt something I knew was going to happen, however as soon as I knew about the issue I have since corrected it. Hopefully the host will delete the old files and re-open the area, then I can replace with the new files. However until then, that section of the site will remain offline. I was a victim to my own success, by reducing the amount of queries to the server, it resulted in one that grew larger and larger. I hold my head in shame on this one. Cry

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

OK, good to know Smile it is also provable that as people starts exploring more and more systems this will be a pebble again in the future Confused

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

it is working again now Smile

Judemagog

Judemagog avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 9 years ago.

thank goodness I thought it was me!

You need to log-in to post here.