News Comment Section Bugs

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » News Comment Section Bugs

jack775544

jack775544 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 9 years ago.

As I was putting my name down for the chance to win a game from your competition Roguey (thanks for that by the way) I noticed 2 bugs with the comments section on the News posts.

First off here is a picture containing both bugs
http://i.imgur.com/ptG29BU.png

The problems with this are if you look at the time for when I posted the comment it says 6 hours ago even though I only posted the comment a couple of seconds ago. This does not get fixed when I refresh the page but it does when I successfully edit the comment.

The second one is that emoticons aren't displaying if they are the first character on a new line. In the picture you can see that even though it is typed perfectly, the 10 years emote won't get displayed and only the plain text will instead. I also tested it with a couple of other emotes and the result was the same.
Adding a space at the start of the new line before the emote however does display the emote.

Sorry for the lengthy report, just some weird behaviour I just noticed.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

ive noticed that one with the timer for a few days - ive been meaning to fix it. For me it does fix when I refresh the page however. I will look into it tomorrow on my test server.

as for the emoticons, I made the parser look for a space before the two dots. Without the spaces, it can gabble text (I had it in the past).

You need to log-in to post here.