[ED] Systems with no coordinates..

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » [ED] Systems with no coordinates..

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

If someone is nice and add a not-yet-in-the-db-system but forget/oversee to put the coordinates in all values will be 0.
Because they are 0 those systems are not shown in the universe view.
Even if we type the system name in the search field no error message appears and the universe map is EMPTY.
And we can't add this system(because it is already there).

If the sytem has been added within.. some hours we can see it below(latest updated systems).

Question is how could we get access to put finally some coordinates into those "hidden" systems?
One way would be accessing them through folder structure..

Maybe you want to have a look how many systems are already placed at 0/0/0?

oldfella54

oldfella54 avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Ahem ... noon question incoming ... how do you find the co-ordinates to be able to enter them. I've tried looking through the Galaxy Map for example but couldn't find anything.

Bet you're gonna say it's dead easy :$ ....

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

If a system isnt able to be shown in the map (because there is no coordinates for it), then it can be found with the list on the lower half of the index page.

I found the coordinates in a CSV file that Michael Brookes uploaded on the official boards. The last version I found had around 20,000 systems in it. With some code I imported the file, saving me a long time by not having to type 20k systems in. If you find one with more systems in it, let me know and ill try to import it. However unless the coordinates been uploaded, I dont know how else to get them.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Ahem ... noon question incoming ... how do you find the co-ordinates to be able to enter them. I've tried looking through the Galaxy Map for example but couldn't find anything.

Bet you're gonna say it's dead easy :$ ....
- oldfella54

Eek What? Do anyone really type the correct data instead of just guessing the values?

Okay, that above was a joke..

Explaining the way to find nearly close data..
Before jumping to another system I take a look into Rogueys universe-section.
If the system is not found(hey..20K compared to 400 billion.. shows there must be plenty of them!) have a look at the ingame universe map.

Holding left mouse button while moving the mouse I do it so the map is flat(I am looking from top on it).
The map should show some numbers in the top-right corner of a sector. Sector borders are hard to see.
Best way to keep it right is to have a look at SOL. (as it is .. in sector 0/0/0 and EXACT this are the coordinates).

Select a nearby star to compare its position to that in rogueys universe.

The first number should be the left-right coordinate,
the second is the HIGH above the map:
look at the colourful point of a system disappearing(holding right mouse button while moving) and see the middle number in all sectors increasing/decreasing

The last number will be the up(top) and down(lowest) coordinates.

With this you can guess at last.. one decimal behind the.. point like -30.7

There MAY be another way like looking in the logs.. but I have not seen any data concerning the coordinates.
Only the last jump distance from prior stars were shown -.-

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

Or you can work out coordinates using this site Big grin
http://edstarcoordinator.com/default.html

oldfella54

oldfella54 avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks folks - I'll try the site Mayak suggested (or maybe DHLF's initial guesstimate approach if I'm in a hurry Smile

You need to log-in to post here.