Pop-Up Menu for TC

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Pop-Up Menu for TC

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Two things I've noticed with the new TC pop-up menu.

The content of the "Help" one is kinda long. When I have a page open and scroll over the "Help", the pop-up scrolls down below the bottom edge of my screen.
If you think a fix is in order, may I suggest giving the "Plots" there own space on the Nav Bar?
It will give new members notice that such guides exist, besides reducing the size of the "Help" pop-up menu.

Also (a biggy here) when I opened the "Weapons Guide" and scroll down to the bottom for "Next Page>>", the "next page" directs me back to the first page again of the "Weapons Guide".
I have the "Weapons Guide" bookmarked and when I use that it works just fine. Just not when I use the "Pop-Up".

I really like the Pop-Up scroll thingie. Makes navigating the site faster and easier.
Just popping in with a suggestion and something that needs a minor fix.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there, thanks for posting.

There was a few errors in the site's addresses, which have now been fixed. I have also put the guide into their own section - as you said: the list was getting a bit long.

Hopefully everything is okay now?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes sir. Much better.
The "Weapons Guide" now works perfectly and listing the Plot Guides separately makes navigating a lot easier.

Thanks much boss Wave

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

No problemo, thanks for letting me know Wave

btw, I am thinking about the site's nav..

[update] the site is under complete nav change. I am slowly removing sub-domains, so the site can be like one large site. Atm things like google, are treating the sites as completely separate sites. ie. x3ap, forum etc. So rather than get single high score for the whole site, im getting many low scores for each (ie. sharing the link power between the sites).

Removing sub-domains means that I dont keep creating a new subdomain if I add a new area. Another bonus is that the login cookie will work better. You wont need to login for each section, just once. It also means that the tracker I use will view everything, rather than each section (so I can see how many people vist the site, without having to combine numbers. When I combine, one person could get counted 9 times (if they visited each sub-domain). as it registers for each section.

So far:
- Main domain and forum should be updated (the address is now /forum/).
- The arcade has moved to /fun/arcade/ (new home, makes more sense being in the fun section).

The console site has moved more or less (so its /console/) but needs more checking. I will try and move the the x-sites tomorrow (which will be /pc/x3ap/ /pc/x3/ /pc/x3tc/ etc.) So they will all be off roguey.co.uk, rather than x3ap.roguey, forum.roguey etc.

You need to log-in to post here.