Map Misinformation

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Map Misinformation

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey Roguey. I've just been looking at the TC map on the site and I noticed that Duke's Citadel (sector east of Pontifex's Seclusion), is listed as 'Unknown Sector'. In Reunion it was unknown, from TC up it's claimed and named :p

Also, a completely seperate point, but I'll raise it here anyway: In your ships section for TC an awful lot of the Yaki ships are listed as being non-purchasable. Most notably my beloved Tenjin! Eek :p Fix please! Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi Kirlack,

I have corrected the name of the sector, so now it reads as Duke's Citadel.

as for the yaki shipyard, I have been looking into it. I see why my code didnt pick it up - its not actually listed in the maps in x3tc (v3.2). I seen around that it can move around, disappear and re-appear which makes listing on the map very hard. In X3AP the shipyard is listed in the map files.

I think the best solution for this is when the sector pages are made in the wiki, say how the yaki shipyard can be found here but isnt guaranteed at any set location. I guess the shipyard is created via a script in X3TC.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The Yaki shipyad moves? Eek

I've never seen that happen. That said, I've never destroyed it (I R YAKI! :p ) so I wouldn't notice lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well the shipyard is scripted in X3TC, so it could move around, disappear etc. I did check a v3.1 game and the shipyard wasnt even present at the start of the game. This makes it very hard to add to my sector maps. However in X3AP its listed in the map files, so it couldnt move and be present from the start of any new game.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Man...that's just weird. I've probably started 30+ different games over the last year or so, and nearly always end up in Senator's Badlands right near the start. The shipyard is always at the exact same location. That said, I've not bothered to update since 3.0 lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very... Scripting in stations can mean the station (or shipyard) could vary in location or creation time. Most stations in the universe can be found listed in the universe .xml files, however the yaki shipyard isnt there (manually checked). I did also look in a new game (v3.1) and the shipyard wasnt there either. Maybe the script needs a set amount of time to create the shipyard?

You need to log-in to post here.