Regarding ship image formats

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Regarding ship image formats

jelf

jelf avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

Some days ago I noticed the images in the ship data pages were updated with animations. This is a cool addition when looking for information on PC, but not so on my iPad.

Basically now my iPad can't load any of the ship images(was fine before the change). Maybe there's a setting on iPad that can make those pictures show up and I'm just too stupid to find it. Or maybe there's simply no way to make those pictures appear(without jail breaking).

Just hope there can be a solution for this.

Thanks.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there,

yea, awhile back the static images were replaced with some flash code. I guess as the flash code moves a lot of data then something like a iPad will probably struggle to up keep up. How about using the ship compare page instead? It may be a little better as its more compact anyway.

jelf

jelf avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think it mostly has to do with iOS not supporting anything related to Flash.

Also, I can't load the images in ship compare page as well.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, well the compare pages also use flash to load in the image due to the way the images are posted.

Woh, iOS doesnt support flash? That's just crazy? My little HTC Wildfire S can play flash albeit slow (£100'ish phone - nothing special now - loads of people have them). I thought something like iPad would be a lot better at web browsing! I heard iOS is also kindof locked so you cant like play emulators on it without unlocking the phone/pad?

You need to log-in to post here.