Terraria!!

Home Board Index » Steam » Terraria!!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess its better your bottom half is covered when mining... Well better for me :p

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Funny you would reply right now as I just found yet another pair of Mining Pants Cry. I put some ores/bricks/potions in a chest at the spawn point on my server if anybody needs if they decide to visit. Looks like bozo64r isn't going to join in the fun.

Anyway wanted to post up links to some guides.
Absolute noob guide: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Guide:Getting_started
To give a good idea of the progression route: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Guide:Walkthrough

General Tips.
Any character can be used in single player or multiplayer. The contents of your inventory, piggy bank and safe are tied to each character.

World size. Obviously the physical size of the worlds are different but there are about the same amount of minerals regardless of world size. So small worlds can see large clusters of ores in a fairly small area while on a large world you have to dig a lot more to find what you need. It also affects some other things like how much corruption is spawned, how many large caves, etc.

Some swords are easier to use than others. For example the starter shortsword. It thrust straight out in front of you. A broadsword swings in a arc over your head allowing you hit flying enemies much easier and generally do more damage.

During a bloodmoon ("...The Blood Moon is rising" ) zombies can open the door to your house and the spawn rate is increased by a large %. Enemies ignore the safe zone effect NPCs have so they will come to your house regardless how many NPC you have there. You can block the door to stay safe in normal mode. In Hardmode Clowns can spawn that throw bombs that destroy tiles. If the Blood Moon occurs on a full moon there will be werewolves along with the normal night spawns.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for the guides - I have given them a bit of a read; although its just gonna take time.

atm I seem to be struggling actually building walls - easy enough to build the background, just dont know where 'walls' are (as I cant enclose anything).

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Changes:
It is now possible to summon bosses with the appropriate item or by breaking Shadow Orbs.
Permanent normal mode. Kill the Wall of Flesh as many times as you want!

Sorry if anybody happened to be on today. Been downloading a game all day (and its still not done!).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm.. having problems finding more copper - I need some, as all I got it a copper hat Confused

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Decided to enable Hardmode in my world. Finally gave up searching for the Mining Shirt. Built a hellbridge and stockpiled lot of useful stuff.

Took quite some time to build the hellbridge... was expecting a bit more of a challenge...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

geez, thats crazy! I can barely afford a few arrows, let alone the barrage you launched lol.

I would probably just die 10,000+ times on it - just show how far I am from you lol

[update] Getting a few things sorted now - although was playing on your server last night and it disappeared Confused

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

What do you mean it disappeared? Just checked the settings and IP, its still forwarded properly and same IP. Could be some network issues today though, been getting "connection refused" when trying to view the forums.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

oh, well I was playing on your server when I got disconnected. I tried a few times to get back but it said the server could not be found. So I went to my own single-player area for abit. However since then ive been on the server and its fine now. Must of been a random connection issue.

[update]

I had a couple of quick questions if you could help:

1, What are gems for? ive found quite a few like amethysts, topaz, rubies etc. are they worth keeping or selling?

2, can the inv space be increased? im constantly filling it up now.

3, Ive found a lot of Obsidian, and looks like I need some Hellstone to craft something. What/where is Hellstone?

4, ive found some active and inactive blocks, what the heck are these for?

many thanks

ps. Ive been working a little on my own place, this is so far (what do you think):
Picture

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice! Glad you are starting to get into it! Looks good so far!

1, What are gems for? ive found quite a few like amethysts, topaz, rubies etc. are they worth keeping or selling?
- Roguey

http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Gems - I like to hang on to them. Mainly to make colored torches. You can make a decent sword with some though. You can also use some + gold to make a summoning item for King Slime (For farming the ninja vanity set). If you don't need the sword you can sell them if you wish.

2, can the inv space be increased? im constantly filling it up now.
- Roguey

Unfortunately no. This seems to be a problem with the game design as inventory management becomes a major issue as you have found out. A good practice is to keep things organized in chest and only carry what you absolutely need. A lot of stuff can simply be trashed. Dirt/stone/mud are all easy to get or make and can be trashed for example.

3, Ive found a lot of Obsidian, and looks like I need some Hellstone to craft something. What/where is Hellstone?
- Roguey

http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Hellstone - http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/The_Underworld
Hellstone is the red rocks in the pic on the underworld page.

4, ive found some active and inactive blocks, what the heck are these for?
- Roguey

http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Active_stone_block - These are switchable blocks. They can be used to create doors and traps. When hooked to a switch or pressure plate and activated they will switch from active (looks like stone and is solid) to inactive (looks like stone background wall and can be passed through as such). There is only one limitation that I know of and its with sand. Sand won't drop through an inactive stone block.

Don't forget, everything you could possibly want to know is here: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Terraria_Wiki Also check out the guides section.

If you are unsure what you can do with an item, talk to the guide and select "crafting" then place the item in question in the box. It will show everything you can make with it.

I don't know what point you are at in the game. but some of your rooms don't appear to be valid. Look at this for a list of the requirements for NPC rooms. http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Home

I just built a small addition onto my house. I'll take a pic and post it up.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Picture

Yep, its floating in the air. platforms going up lead to a skybridge that covers the entire map. directly below there is a hellivator. I think the original pic is on the last page. So only thing really added is the lower left room. Still not done though, need to add more platforms to grow more plants. Thinking of adding another part to the lower right for storage and crafting. need to clean up my house Cry.

Here is the surrounding area. I was trying to make one of those old covered wooden bridges but failed. I just blew it up and built this instead. The other one used to be my old little house. Modified it a bit and I think it looks decent. Like a quiet outdoor reading area. It looks much better ingame, the tool im using to take the screenshots doesn't blend tiles correctly.
Picture

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Not sure if I told you about this one. Its a Diving Helmet farming device. I kept getting meteor strikes in the ocean and didn't feel like making gills potions so i made this instead.

How it works: when you stand in the pool of water it causes the mobs to jump up out of the water chasing you. they land on the platform and are killed by the dart traps. I have one facing the across the access platform as i was getting a lot of zombies running out to kill me.

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks sixar for explaining a few things. There's a lot to take in but I'm slowly getting the hang. Talking of which I got a hookshot, mining hat (the light on the top is v. useful, as I would kept getting plunged into darkness when falling off something or getting lost under water) and a light-sabre, and a werid axe/hammer thingy lol.

Those levels of yours, are they only accessible in your single player games? I also havnt seen you on the server for awhile now. I guess your busy with your own games?

PS. What was you after? A mining shirt or pants?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea, the intention was to have a a few people from the forum play on the server. Nobody is interested though, so nothing to really do on it. I need the Mining Shirt. Got 2 chest full of Mining Pants. I'm starting to think the mob that drops them may be bugged.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I thought a few might of came too, since Terraria was on sale in the xmas sales - oh well, not much I can do about that. Although ive been playing on the server quite a bit, although ive been the only one there.

ps. I wanted to check about the mining armour, as I found some pants too. Looks like id be keeping them somewhere.

Are chests good places to store stuff? does the contents not disappear after a set time or anything?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.