Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Mine is the same as here: Sinxar

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

woh, never seen that boss before! Looks like I got a lot more exploring todo. I went down some cave, and straigh-away got killed by a floating skull. Cry

Although that boss you made it look very easy - What sort of equipment was you using, so you could just stand there and hitting away at him? I didnt see your health go down mcuh, though the whole battle.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Woh, that was quick - did that boss have 60k health? geez

well im no where near that far in the game. I did start a new world, and build a new house but other than that I havnt dont all that much.

There definitely a lot to learn in Terraria!

ps. I did some changes to the parser, which should mean its possible to post the links now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Woh, there's a lot of things you done/have ive never seen before - I guess im not that far into Terraria. I could see them wings being very useful - all I got atm is rocket boots Confused

well I had a go at building upwards, and got tons of the birds trying to kill me, but went-on anyway, and built this (so far):

Picture

for me, its nice to experience and learn about the game, without reading up.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Nice! I was afraid you gave up on the game, glad to see I was mistaken. Just be careful when you enable hardmode. Wyverns will attack you in your house if you are too high up. I got a Wyvern card on Steam, the flavor text says "The reason your flying city is a ghost town" lol!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Wyverns will attack you in your house if you are too high up.

Well I plan to connect the top-half, to the bottom half (ie. like a multi-storey building). I also built it where you kill that blokey (with the curse), so you can enter the dungeon areas. Its like my beacon of goodness on-top of the dungeon. Well.. will be when its all filled in - which is taking some time cos of all the resources its requiring to build.

ps. I like your farming idea, ill have set one up like that!

[update]

Here's the building with a few more walls (still WIP):

Picture

The area just above wall that goes left, will be my arena. You can see that I wanted it bigger, so made the wall go left more Smile

[update2]

Picture

[update3]

Just crazy:

Picture

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Crazy indeed. I got it at 75% off so I got my $2 worth I would say:

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well ive done a little more work to my house now:

Picture

atm, im starting to think it looks like giant crane..

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

got any pics of it ingame instead of map view? I started a new world and toon (magic use only and wizard armor). I started on the hardmode house and ofc i have some pics.

This is before:
Picture

This is a work in progress. Still have a lot of detailing and additions but it is starting to take shape:
Picture

here is the map view of it. Still need to get rid of the old houses and finish the base of the structure. I will prolly pave the ground with stone bricks just in case the crimsion/hallow gets to my house in hardmode. That way only slimes and stuff will spawn under it.
Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, thats one funny extension to an house! looks like an alien ship has landed on-top of them.

as for in-game pictures, well I trying to sort out my video capture. atm, I cant do it from the pc; I feel that fraps is abit expensive for me. I am trying to get a HDMI to component converter, so my HD PVR should be then able to record from the PC. One big plus of the PVR is that it wont cause any extra overhead on my pc, because my PC wont be doing the actual recording, but another pc. I got most of the bits but just lack the component output (my old gfx card had) ie.

My PC -> HDMI/DVI out -> converted to component -> HD PVR -> Netbook (recorded).

It seems a shame about wiping out the old houses btw.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, thats one funny extension to an house! looks like an alien ship has landed on-top of them.

as for in-game pictures, well I trying to sort out my video capture. atm, I cant do it from the pc; I feel that fraps is abit expensive for me. I am trying to get a HDMI to component converter, so my HD PVR should be then able to record from the PC. One big plus of the PVR is that it wont cause any extra overhead on my pc, because my PC wont be doing the actual recording, but another pc. I got most of the bits but just lack the component output (my old gfx card had) ie.

My PC -> HDMI/DVI out -> converted to component -> HD PVR -> Netbook (recorded).

It seems a shame about wiping out the old houses btw.
- Roguey

Well I mean more like screenshots than video.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well the trouble is that it would take quite a lot of screen-shots to show the place (its probably 10 screen-shots high, maybe more - dunno). So a video could be better at showing the whole place. However the recording is something im keen to get back, and would be an ideal first thing to do with it all.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, Demon Scythe skill? I found that not long ago, although I dont really like it much, as the Scythe's spin for too long before travelling forward. However in your video, it looked much better against the boss. Im glad I kept it now.

Ive uploaded my place in video too, as its too big to use pictures to show it. I would of left the original sound however I had a mistake and it wasnt recorded (the sound was in DTS and my recorder cant do that, just DD 5.1).

as for youtube in HD, the tag is automatically added to the clips. However I guess youtube had some changes, and ignores the bit when embedded.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yay! Roguey is playing Terraria! hehe nice one, now I don't feel so out of place putting videos up all the time.

You know where you have that column of water that leads to the dungeon? I found one of those in an old world and wanted to make a house out of it. The one I found was all stone and I started throwing bombs down in it and it made a interesting formation. Was thinking of something like having the NPC houses on each side of the column of water. I made a crude drawing in paint:
Picture
OFC it would be setup in such a way that water wouldn't flood in when they open a door and for yourself it would require Neptune's Shell to get around easily but I think it could be a neat idea. What do you think?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, its good to be able to upload video on the PC once again (since my new gfx card I wasnt able too).

As for your houses under-water, surely the only way of doing that without flooding the houses would be a have an entry at the bottom? that way it would act like a pocket of air, which would keep the water out automatically:

Picture

Maybe not as open as you like, but wouldnt have any water flooding in.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.