Terraria!!

Home Board Index » Steam » Terraria!!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

true, laying cables isnt much fun although once its done it does make travelling so much quicker now. Those 3 houses used to take me around 5/10 minutes to get to (without wings) and roughly 2/3 minutes with. The cabling also cost me a bit of money too. I did want to add one cable downwards to the bottom of the screen, although it doesnt seem so useful now. Destroying the wall of fetish isnt much of challenge any-more.

[update] This is my boss fight with plantera:

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I managed to explore the temple and disarm it (geez, I hate all those traps - especially the spike ball traps!). So next is the The golem. In my game the head always gets stuck, however I been able to use this for my advantage. I built a little structure to help separate his body parts;

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

That temple is crazy with the traps, it took me so long to clear it I made it into a time lapse in my LP (ep 5). That is good luck on the temple arena though. I see a few post on reddit showing that if the room is too small the golem is unkillable because they can't reach the head at all. Did you get your picksaw yet? That thing is crazy good. Only took around 20 kills for it to drop for me but after that it drops all the time. But now you can hit the dungeon and get some new stuff. The shadowbeam staff was heavily nerfed but is still good for single targets, sniper rifle, rocket launcher and spectre armor/ghost wings. Also paladin hammer and shield are supposed to be really good but I have yet to get either of those.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue where the event will pause when a boss is summoned Cry.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, all the bosses at the same time eh? geez! thats just crazy!

I see youre using a Heat ray. I never thought much of the heat-ray myself, I guess ill have to re-look at it. I guess your mana is being upped up by Mana Flower, as its using potions when your man gets low?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

yep the heat ray is badass. The high RoF and infinite piercing of the beam makes it really good. I just found that leaf blower and forgot to reforge it to whatever the best prefix is but it is still pretty powerful for single target dps. Mana flower for auto mana potion use.

Oh ya and 100 post in this thread yay! I love Terraria!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah good to see a 100 replies, although I guess most of them are you and me posting about it lol

As for Terraria, I kind-of dont know what to do now. I have killed most of the bosses like The destroyer, The twins, skeletron prime, the golem etc. So I dont know what to do now. I did get that pickaxe from the golem - which is crazy. I have since upgraded those vampire knifes to godly and got a set of hallowed armour - to boost melee attack speed.

I did have a go at the halloween event but I only got to like round 5/6 because I ran out of time. It changed back to day-light, and everyone ran off.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well.. finally got a Tera Blade, although to be honest im a bit dispointed in it. Sure its not bad damage however having to keep clicking is silly.

I had another go at the pumpkin moon event and got to wave 7 before the timer ran out, although I dont think I really started at the beging of the night. Although the Tera-blad made it hard work having to keep clicking. Vampire knifes seem to be better apart from the lower DPS.

Now I tried to sort out a few items; Fire Gauntlets, Golem eye etc. to boost my damage output. I got them now, just got to combine with Avenger Emblem's (although seem to have a big problem finding the warrior variant).

Im starting to wonder what to do now? I killed the all the mechanical bosses like 20-40 times now, normally kill the destroyer 3 times each night (I know thats not that fast compared to your 15 second video).

If there isnt much to do now, Its been a fun 130hrs!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

You are never online long enough for me to catch you. Kinda want to do some Pumpkin Moon co-op and try to get some of the better items from it.

Did you get everything from the hardmode dungeon? I finally got the palidians hammer yesterday and it is a really good melee weapon. With full damage gear it is possible to get it to over 200 dmg and it acts much like a very high speed boomerang. Need to kill the dungeon spirits for the ectoplasm and get some spectre armor to play with if you haven't done so already.

forgot to show this a while back as I don't really use it that often, but here is an arena in the corruption. The hanging lights (I am standing on one) are kinda a pain in the ass because it blocks shots and i hit my head on them all the time. Not sure what else i could do for lighting other than putting torches on the walls but that looks really bad (just like using torches instead of proper lighting in Minecraft on permanent structures)

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

For the past few days ive been gathering up my equipment, as most of it was needed upgrading. So I wouldnt of been much help then. I havent tried my upgrade equipment on a mechanical boss yet. However a coop of Pumpkin Moon would be great! The furthest I was wave 10/11 (I just run out of time):

has for the hard-mode dungeons, well... they been hard. The Paladin throwing axe attack hits pretty hard, taking around 100+ dmg per hit. I have built a mini-farm area (uses lava to burn them - got the idea from one of your videos)... but it takes ages to kill them (they have a lot of health). However getting the paladin's weapon sounds interesting, I might have to start having a go for it (since I got a lot of stuff to improve melee speed/damage).

I do like your arena although I could imagine those lights causing a bit of problem. As you said blocking your shots, and also allowing spell-casters to stand on something whilst they shot you through a wall/other protection. I had this happen with shelf's in the dungeon areas.

I have also been working a quick way to get to the bottom of the map without teleporters (wire isnt cheap). So I started to dig down, and just kept going. I thought ill try going down the hole without my wings, just to see how much the fall damage is:

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well thought I would have a go at the Frost Legion. Although they were a lot easier than I thought they would be;

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well thought I would have a go at the Frost Legion. Although they were a lot easier than I thought they would be.
- Roguey

Indeed. I think they were nerfed. Maybe not though. IIRC they wasn't very difficult before 1.2 either.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hmmm.. and the only reward is the Santa Claus NPC? seems a bit disappointing Confused

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well you also get the gifts as drops. The red candy cane walls are my favorite.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ah, thanks for the info.

I thought ill try my Inferno Fork on the destroyer - he didnt last long (I bet I could get him down faster but I keep losing where my mouse-pointer is);

ps. first test of nvidia's shadowplay recoding - uses the gpu to record, so only minimum overhead on the pc. So this is true 1080p without any analogue to digital conversions.

I dont think much of Light Disc's - I got 4 / 5, yet they struggle against a few odd snowmen Confused

I also made a short video showing how to kill paladins rather quickly too.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.