Terraria!!

Home Board Index » Steam » Terraria!!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Yeah WoF isn't that difficult but it is the hardest boss pre-hardmode vs the best spell pre-hardmode (the point of the video is that it is a super fast kill with pre-hardmode gear). I am trying to get more emblems as well but they just will not drop. Only thing that has dropped since that video is the laser rifle. Seriously, I have a chest full of them.

The Demon Scythe is really good in hardmode, I tried it in the first video on the destroyer but my gear was far too weak. I'm sure it is possible to kill him with it as it has infinite piercing and low speed when cast plus a very high damage (even vs hardmode spells).

I actually have not tried the Death Sickle because I have never had it drop. Its not for lack of trying either. In my previous long running game I made sure to do every eclipse in hopes it would drop. I've only had one eclipse in my current game and nothing good has dropped yet.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

Oh the Death Sickle is really good - I havnt found anything better since on the console. To be honest I havnt found all that much on there. We had 4-5 Solar Eclipse and all we found since is one broken hero sword - which kind-of sucks. The spinning phantom that the Death Sickle sends does do lot of damage, whilst giving a good knock-back (to hold the monsters back). It also doesnt use any ammo or mana, and is classed as a melee weapon (so you can get your damage increases).

In the video what weapon was you using? the laser rifle? what sort-of stats does it have? I guess its not as powerful on the other bosses, as on the destroyer your getting massive damage by hitting lots of body parts at once.

I was trying to get a Inferno Fork but havnt got one yet. I had one on the PC and found it really good. Have you tried it before?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

That is the Heat Ray dropped by the Golem. A long time ago I made a video showing a speed-kill of the destroyer with it. I've since deleted that video (along with most others on my channel). It has a very high rate of fire and infinite piercing making it good for farming up The Destroyer, as you no doubt can see.

I've been trying to get the Nettle Burst but no luck yet. I don't recall it ever dropping for me either. I've had the Inferno Fork in the past but don't really remember using it much.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Ah, the Golem is fairly easy when bricking him up, although on the console we were having problems find those power-cells. However I dont think we found a Heat-ray yet. So it is any good on non-wurm type bosses (ie. where it cant hit multi-able body parts?). I guessing its not going to be that great otherwise.

How come you deleted a lot of videos? its not like you have to worry about storage space, and sometimes its nice to look back.

Looking at the Nettle Burst quickly, it looks like another type of heat-ray? Although if dropped by Plantera I could see it being rather annoying to get - as Plantera isnt the easiest to kill, especially in its second form. The damage looked kind-of low?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

The Heat Ray isn't bad overall really. It's high ROF and damage is nice. I deleted the videos because they are terrible and pointless. The quality on them was so bad they were unwatchable. This was mostly due to my need to make the files as small as possible because it took hours to upload even small files (less than a GB).

Anyway I got the Nettle Burst the other day finally. It is much like the normal mode Vilethorn but with a much longer range and higher damage. However compared to pretty much every other hardmode magic weapon it sucks but it does have its uses. Like the Vilethorn it is able to hit through walls.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

By the way; what's the Terra Blade like? its just you probably know if its much good or not, as on the console I didnt know if it was worth building for a friend, since it requires so much stuff to make. Sucks that it doesnt auto-swing on the console (according to wiki).

I do agree that quite a few weapons in hard-mode do suck, and only have limited usage. I never really like the guns and rocket launchers etc. I dont like that they use ammo. Should I be looking at them more?

We did get the Paladin Hammer on the console, but that kind-of sucked. Good in some instances, but not great general. So far the best weapon I found (console and pc) must of been the Death sickle.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. The Terra Blade is pretty epic on PC, it got buffed and it now auto-swings. No clue about console, sorry man.

I use the Rocket Launcher with Rocket IVs for building underground. Good for clearing tunnels and farming areas. No idea if it is good on bosses or not though, never really tried it. Most guns are all around good. I'm sure you used the Megashark at some point, I *think* that is the top-tier gun in the game. It isn't too bad if you fill up all 4 slots with your chosen bullet. They are cheap to make and with buffs they last for what seems like forever. Something like the Megashark + Ammo Box gives a huge buff to not use ammo when fired.

Anyway the 1.3 patch notes are out. You can view the new achievements on Steam also. Most achievements look pretty basic, like build a house, use dyes, chop down a tree, kill some mobs, break some blocks, etc.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-changelog.20617/

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Woh, v1.3 looks like a big lot of changes. I like there are Achievements - I know they arent everyone's cup-of-tea but for me it give me something to work towards. I wonder if you need to start a fresh to do them?

Hopefully our old maps will be fine, as on the console version there has been many problems with new versions.

Thanks for explaining about the weapons, ive kind-of side-step them because of the ammo requirement. I know mana weapon use ammo as sorts, but it recharges.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

well it was nice to see that npc defend himself... but that slime had barely any health. I wonder how well he would defend themself against a stronger monster, but even in something like a pirate invasion? Im guessing you cant upgrade their weapons? as it looked like he used a bow. will all npc's have weapons?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

well it was nice to see that npc defend himself... but that slime had barely any health. I wonder how well he would defend themself against a stronger monster, but even in something like a pirate invasion? Im guessing you cant upgrade their weapons? as it looked like he used a bow. will all npc's have weapons?
- Roguey

We will find out soon!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

So far the changes aren't bad. You may like to know there are now craftable accessories that give infinite ammo. They are just insanely expensive apparently.

So I have been playing expert mode and it is in fact quite difficult... I like it! The only differences is the boss AI (I haven't fought any yet), mobs have higher HP and damage, your defense stat is worth more it seems and the expert mode world seems to have more traps but that could have been part of the terrain gen update in general.

It makes the very early game much more difficult as even slimes are a major threat, but once you get a good armor from tungsten/silver/platinum/gold it evens out. I haven't found a granite biome yet but i've come across a few marble biomes. They spawn very strong mobs (at least in expert mode worlds). The first one I found some mob hit me for 100 dmg non crit which resulted in death because I didn't find any hearts yet.

The world gen changes are OK from what I have seen. There seems to be more large connected caverns than normal but this is the only world I have explored and I haven't looked at any with a map viewer yet. Oh and there are abandoned minecart tracks underground now, pretty cool addition.

Overall, it is good with lots of little quality of life changes also. You can quick stack to nearby chest, buy from NPCs with your stored money, favorite items, and there are dedicated slots for equipment like grappling hooks, mounts, minecart, pets and light pets. Craft from open chest and sunflowers give a 'happy' buff.

edit: Forgot two of the most important additions (IMO) - cloud saving and Steam integrated multiplayer!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Expert mode sounds interesting, as the start of Terraria was good - building your first home, making your first armour etc. However even restarting, it wasnt as hard as it first was (as I found on the console version). So I can imagine that expert mode is a welcome addition for more experienced players. Im guessing you can use any of your old characters? or do you have to start with a new character?

Steam integrated multiplayer sounds good. Im guessing it makes it a lot easier to join people on Steam now? before it was a bit old-school, typing in IP's.

Has the weapon/drill upgrade path changed much? ie. is there more powerful tools? - apart from mining mech-suit - which I bet is awesome. Do the minecart tracks do much?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Expert mode is actually a world setting so there shouldn't be any issues with using an old character.

It feel like I am trying to solo multiplayer content when playing expert mode. Even Eye of Cthuthlu is quite hard. This clip is from the livestream last night that I exported to youtube for ease of viewing here. The nice thing about this is bosses now drop treasure bags with expert mode only special loot. The Eye drops a shield you can use to ram enemies with. I am considering giving up expert mode with a new char and use an existing endgame char instead, I am undecided. I'll see if I can get better gear first and try to make it to hardmode.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Woh, ive never seen the Eye of Cthuthlu doing that fast up/down attack before. Didnt look like you survived with my at all! You werent joking about expert mode, it definitely looks a lot harder. Im guessing that's in normal mode? and there is still a hard mode? for your trouble, was the loot of any use?

Im also guessing all the bosses have seen some adjustments to them. If so, I bet the destroyer etc. are real challenge. Def. looks good what they done, and its interesting to see your videos!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ok so I found a map viewer that is working with the 1.3 update (TerraMap). Check this out.

Picture

This is a giant image. I tried to resize it on imgur but not sure if it worked.

The light/dark areas are marble/granite biomes. The tan circular area is the new desert biome. Note there are now sky lakes and islands with no structures on them. Also note there appears to be an error in terrain gen and I am going to report it now that i've seen it in this context. There is a large tree up on a big rectangle dirt chunk where the desert biome starts.

If you look closely at the map, you can see the minecart rails around underground. The underground jungle now also has large trees underground too.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.