Terraria!!

Home Board Index » Steam » Terraria!!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Can't find any good games I want to play so I started playing Terraria again.

Just been livestreaming the game as I work though normal mode. Somebody said my base looked cool so I thought I would show it here.

As is typical with me it is symmetrical and in the air. The floors are mud with jungle grass so I get the jungle music when i'm inside.

Picture
Click for giant image

Personally I like it. It was fairly easy to build as it is just bricks and mud for the most part. It features security doors on the entrances to keep me safe during blood moons and eclipses. I always build off the ground now because I don't even try to stop the corruption/crimson/hallow from spreading anymore. I just cover the ground with bricks usually. That stops the hostile biome mobs from spawning. Instead it spawns forest mobs.

Only thing left to do in normal mode is collect some items that are hard to get in hardmode like the bezoar.

Here is a giant image of my first base. Not sure if it was ever posted in this thread. I really like how it looks the section to the left is the arena. The part just outside is the old bloodmoon bunny farm (nerfed). This was when the game was still in the abandoned state (pre 1.2).

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Nice looking house, I really like how symmetrical you made it - the plants are a nice touch. Have you had any problems with NPC's? sometimes you plan it all, and still they walk around at the bottom.

As for corruption, I know what you mean. I had a house which was built just from stone. It later got corrupted, so I had to replace every single block (which took me ages). The corruption was destroying the whole style of the house. Its good to see you used stone-bricks - which arent corruptible.

To me, the house looks a bit like a giant mech, with two legs. Smile

as for your first house, I dont remmeber seeing that. I could imagine those NPC's are a bit worried if any leaks happen. Smile

Is the room with hot/cold something to do with farming blocks or something?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Ah yes. That was the obsidian generator. The design got nerfed though as lava doesn't dupe the way it used to.

Funny story there was an accident once where i had some bombs on my hotbar. Lets just say the room with the guide had a missing floor. After that though I lined the outside of it with dungeon bricks so it wouldn't happen again. At the time the clown mob that sometimes spawns on blood moons, his bombs caused tile damage too. That was another reason I switched to dungeon bricks afterward.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

lol, that would of been funny seeing missing floor.. makes me wondering if a house could be built to drop all the NPC's into a lava pit at once? Wuhahaha.

Thanks for explaining about the lava-generator. I did notice on the PS3 version there was pumps. Im guessing they just move water around with wires? and cant be used as generators? I guess they are present in the PC version too? Its been a while since ive looked at the PC version to be honest.

Do you ever setup mechanics? ie. traps etc? myself, I havnt.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

I usually do some sort of grinder. I first tried it with the Goblin Army event and it worked really well. It consist of a shallow lava pool covered by active/inactive blocks or using the newer actuators. The thin layer of lava doesn't destroy the drops and allows for very easy farming of even pirates and frost legion.

I have tried using those spike ball traps on the pumpkin moon and solar eclipses. While it technically works and does a lot of DPS, it will generally lower your total DPS because mobs can only be hit so many times per second forcing you to wait until the traps kill them because your weapons do no damage.

Other than that, I have made some other types of mob farms using statues. The blood moon bunny farm used to be really good. Using at least two statues usually produced 15 - 20 platinum per blood moon. I tried slime statues with the lava on water trick but now those types of farms are mostly worthless.

One nice farm that is easy to build is the shark/jellyfish farm over the ocean. if you put a platform at the waters edge then build a small pool above it, when you stand in the small pool sharks and jellyfish will swim up and get stuck on the platform. Then just use spike traps with timers or whatever to automatically kill them. Nice way to farm for the diving helmet and shark fins. In hardmode it is a good way to get lots of treasure maps for the pirate invasions.

All of these are really simple though. Just timers for the most part. I was thinking of a way to use teleporters for a trap but I haven't really looked too deeply into any designs or any reasoning as to why I would need one.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

That is awesome. I don't recall watching those videos. I made a trap similar to yours for the paladins but it still took ages for me to get that shield and hammer. I think i was still on DSL at the time so i could only watch in 360p.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Its been awhile since I played Terraria to be honest. We did start to play it on the PS3 but had a few problems finding the plantera blubs (there was a bug). So we had to leave it there. Did they add the console bosses to the PC?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

A New Adventure
Picture

There is a new update coming the end of this month if no more delays

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

There is a new update coming the end of this month if no more delays
- Sinxar

Sounds good, although I thought the developer were saying that they wasnt going to update it?

Hopefully if it comes to the ps3, then it wont cause more problems - there has been a quite a few problems with the updates on the conosle. Ive been playing it with a friend.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Sounds good, although I thought the developer were saying that they wasnt going to update it?

Hopefully if it comes to the ps3, then it wont cause more problems - there has been a quite a few problems with the updates on the conosle. Ive been playing it with a friend.

- Roguey

Yeah another company has the rights to the console versions. So I have no idea if they plan to do any updates or what.

Here is the 1.3 spoilers page on the wiki http://terraria.gamepedia.com/1.3

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Geez, it looks crazy - you probably seen it;

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Oh yeah. I actually just watched that yesterday. I like the new underworld background and music. We are getting some new blocks too as you have seen.

I'm making good progress in my new world. I guess we will have to create a new world when 1.3 comes out so I am trying to keep my collections to a minimum so it is easy to transfer.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

How goes the progress? your first home looks very neat - something I was trying to do on the console, but didnt turn up as neat as yours. btw, it does look like your missing a bed? wouldnt fancy sleeping on the work-bench too much, might get splinters.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

How goes the progress? your first home looks very neat - something I was trying to do on the console, but didnt turn up as neat as yours. btw, it does look like your missing a bed? wouldnt fancy sleeping on the work-bench too much, might get splinters.
- Roguey

I agree about the workbench, its rough.

So far so good. I'm in hardmode doing the usual pre-mechanical boss grind.

I recorded the farming of the Wall of Flesh yesterday. This was all done in one sitting. Got the Avenger Emblem at the start of hardmode, not a bad start IMO.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I was farming for those emblems, the other day. I managed to get like 3 or 4 sorc and ranger but couldnt find the warrior one. In the end I found one, but for some reason one was harder to get than the others. I thought they had equal chance to drop.

As for the Demon scythe it doesnt look too bad, although the wall-of-flesh isnt the hardest boss to beat. How does it fair against the destroyer? Have you tried the death sickle? So-far on the console I havnt found anything better. I was looking to find an second one for my friend, but nothing yet.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.