Terraria!!

Home Board Index » Steam » Terraria!!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Terraria 1.2 update soon!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/17/terraria-liiiiiiiiiiives-long-awaited-1-2-update-trailered/

In that vid there are at least 3 new bosses. Appears to be 2 mini-bosses and a hardmode boss. No need to speculate really as its FINALLY supposed to be out Oct. 1st.

More to the point:

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

uh...ok.....we going back in time now? That reminds me of what I use to play about 20 years ago on the NES.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

uh...ok.....we going back in time now? That reminds me of what I use to play about 20 years ago on the NES.
- redheart

I give that attempted troll a 1/10. Very poorly executed. If you don't like the game then why even respond? Not like post count matters here.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think all that redheart meant is the game looks old (because its graphic style). I can understand (I thought the same when I first looked at Terraria) but thats just how the game looks. Terraria has some elements from minecraft, mixed with a 2D platformer and some new features (like online coop).

Its one of them games you may think to pass on (cos its graphics), but if you give it an try you may find it very enjoyable. Even now some platform games are returning back to a 2.5D view (3D did ruin a few good 2D games). It really depends if you used to enjoy those older games, ie. 16bit colour and 2D was all we had. Sometimes its not all about processing power.

It is good to hear about a new patch, I dont suppose they are adding steam achievements (especially since they are on the PS3)?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart You gotta remember that some people out hate new games, and think that anything past the level of a 2D SNES game is terrible before they've even seen it (a lot of fans of the Sonic series are like this), so a reasonable part of Terraria's fanbase is those sort of people (I AM NOT INCRIMINATING ANYONE, JUST INFORMING)

I kinda like Terraria, enjoyed playing it with my mates, but not really enough to buy it; all those projectiles whizzing round the screen looks fun though, and that 'Venus Fly-Trap' boss looks cool!

I will be the one to take you down!
Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart You gotta remember that some people out hate new games, and think that anything past the level of a 2D SNES game is terrible before they've even seen it (a lot of fans of the Sonic series are like this), so a reasonable part of Terraria's fanbase is those sort of people (I AM NOT INCRIMINATING ANYONE, JUST INFORMING)
- RandomTank

Just to clarify there are no sonic series fans. There's fans of sonic the hedgehog and there's masochists who just like to be hurt and thus like all sonic games.

I prefer old games too, but play newer ones eventually too. At least I give every game a chance to disappoint me. Most do, some don't but it's not like older games were perfect either.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

There's fans of sonic the hedgehog and there's masochists who just like to be hurt and thus like all sonic games.
- Hammerit

I kinda catch you drift, but hurt by who? Sega? Because would that include me because I like both Adventures and Unleashed?

I will be the one to take you down!
Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

No idea. My comment was meant as a recollection of what the usual old game geek who liked sonic the hedgehog would say. I've only played it briefly and didn't quite like. Never even glanced in the general direction of the newer ones. I always preferred slower games tbh.

But then again I still consider GTA II the pinnacle of the series ...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Not long to the patch it seems, by the looks of it no steam achievements (shame unfortunately) although there appears to be quite a bit of new content added. Ill have get back into Terraria and have a look, come the 1st of Oct.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Its out! I just noticed it when i looked at the website. So the first thing I noticed is the new biome backgrounds. We also seem to get new biomes and apparently a new form of Corruption (crimson). We now got rope, new ores (no idea what they are used for) and new structures that generate naturally. There is an example of one of the new structures below. Some odd things as well and i'm not sure if they are intended or not. Like placed wood you have to use a pickaxe on instead of an axe. Furniture needs to be broken with a pickaxe instead of a hammer. Got new mobs and in one biome at least there seems to be weather other than snow.

Its pretty cool so far but i've not really gotten far. havent even built my basic shelter yet. Oh ya in the screenshots below, notice the chest in the second pic, looks like they more than doubled the chest space as well.

Im excited to get into this and fight some new bosses!

A new structure:
Picture

Turns out this room is valid housing. Note the increased chest storage.
Picture

(can you tell im really excited yet?)

Looks like a good day to go mining. Seems like its been raining forever. There is so much new stuff it is almost a different game TBH.
Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

will you be making an online coop game later? cos if so, ill try and get there Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

oh thats a shame about the coop, oh well. never-mind I guess.

there does look like there some new additions to it (like the map - something which was missing before). I did give it ago last night and everything felt a bit foreign - I guess its been awhile since I last played Terraria. It looks like I got a similar sword but a slightly smaller version - although it might be the same?

I guess theres no portal or so? just when you die, you have go back so far Confused

oh, and how did you get more inventory space? im sure I got less.

I do think a tutorial is a good idea, never hurts to help people learn about a game Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

What do you think of that style of lets play? I tried my best to cut out the boring stuff. EP 2 is the wall of flesh kill and some other things. Its already uploaded but is scheduled to be published tomorrow, its a youtube thing.

you could use a bed to set your spawn point somewhere. can be useful as an outpost while you explore the jungle or dungeon. Or even an underground mining base or something. No idea about the inventory it should be the same. the player pack was expanded by 10 or so slots and chest were doubled in size.

You can always check the wiki for information and guides if needed. http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki There is some missing information but it is being updated and most information still applies.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

What do you think of that style of lets play?

definitely a lot better now, as you said there is no need for the boring stuff - takes longer to upload, and its boring to watch. Your voice overs are much stronger too, as I remmeber you were a bit timid at first - which is understandable.

you could use a bed to set your spawn point somewhere.

Ah, I might give that ago - makes sense now you say that - just take the bed with me, and position else where.

No idea about the inventory it should be the same.

hmm.. Im thinking it might be todo with the resolution. ie. the video was in 720p and I normally play in 1080p, so the inventory may look more compact.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

What are your guys steam id's? I was new to terraria about 3 weeks before the update but I've played a fair amount with friends. Not had the chance to play much since the update so I still have yet to discover most of the wonders Smile All I have done so far is explore a dungeon for about 30 mins and saw all the new aesthetic items and the new rope (Which I have yet to try properly) Smile

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

You need to log-in to post here.