Scripting help

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripting help

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am trying to make a script to scan all the astroids in the x3 uni i hvae used roguey's Make sats loop script and i can get it to scan all the roids in one sector but when i reload the game i have to do it all over again i need help makeing one that will do it for the whole uni and keep it that way

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well if you want the script to run every time a game is loaded, then you could rename the script:

setup.<name>

However this will be ran every-time someone loads in a game. If you want the script to just run once, then you could check/set a global variable. I think these two commands are found in the generic list of commands.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

im looking for more allong the lines of as an exsample makeing a ship you run it once and its there i think i came close last ngiht be cuase when i ran the script the game would freez unfreez and all the roids in the uni would be scanned but again when i reloaded i had to do it again

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

if you reloaded but didnt save, then you would have to re-scan. Im not too sure what you were saying to be honest Confused

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ok will run the script it will scan the roids in the sector i will save both when i dock and threw the menue. But when i reload they are not scanned any more i have to do it all over again

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hmmm, that is strange. Usually anything you do in the universe is saved, when you make a save.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeah i figured out the problem. Even tho i was useing a script the scan the roids my ship wasing doing it witch in turn was causeing a nother script not to run and makeing it to where i never used the script at all now im trying to figure out if the scanner uses a spcial script or what to make it more perminant

You need to log-in to post here.