Modding programs for reuinon

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Modding programs for reuinon

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

can some one post a user friendly guide on how to properly use DoubleShaddow's mod prgrams for reunion i know it says to use 3ds but blender has the ablility to do the same as 3ds now i just cant figure out how to use DoubleShaddow's programs all i can do is open bob files and look at the ships ect.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

well you dont need 3d studio max, as you can use gmax either. However im not sure if blender can do everything you need - maybe it can? To use blender it will need to export to bod through dbox2 (can blender use plug-ins from 3dmax/gmax?). I guess if it cant, then you could always have gmax with dbox2, then with blender export to a file-type gmax understands, then export the model in gmax (through dbox2).

as for the programs you need from double shadow:

- dbox2 (a plug-in for gmax/3ds so you can load/export bod/scenes),
- X2 BOD Compiler (to compile/compress/decompile/decompress bob/bod files),
- Mod Manager (to build the zip like archive for your mod),
- X3 Editor (to edit types files, so you can add your ship to like types/tships),

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont even need that dbox2 or the x2 bod program there is a plugin and py scrip that will do that all ready in blender now what has me confused is i can figure out how to work the editor

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?

You need to log-in to post here.