Can We Talk About Nividium?

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Can We Talk About Nividium?

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Alrighty, so nividium is very rare and kinda expensive. I still have some leftovers on my HQ after the Bala Gi missions. How should I sell it? I've only seen one space station that buys it (Teladi Trading Station, Mines of Fortune), 2 units at a time. Another option I've seen is to load it onto a ship and sell the ship at any shipyard. But the offered price is preposterously low. Any other ideas?
Should I mine the asteroids in the Unknown Sector beyond Getsu Fune, and would the cost to invade a Khaak sector be worth the content of the asteroids?
Thanks all.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

your PHQ can build ships some ships require nividium to buid i would hold onto it and in my opinion its depends on the ships you use to invade khaak sectors i have found much sucess in using 2 M2's 1 M1 with fully fitted M5's and a hyperion as my personl ship. Now if you are useing rogueys mod get like 10 zenon k's fit them out and send them im alone with the SETA drive going give it a few mins and the sector will be clear but remember the khaak respan in their secotors so keep the k's on defence for you and you do the mining so you dont lose any nividium. But that is just what i would do.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi, well like caff said you can keep it for PHQ for the construction of Khaak ships, or sell it on a ship.

If you sell it on a ship, I think you get half its value plus the ship price. Its best to sell it on a cheap ship such as a TS or something.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, you can make billions filling up cheap TS' with niv and then selling the ship + contents to a shipyard. A single Dolphin filled with it sells for ~8 million in TC.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, I wouldn't dream of invading a Khaak sector with fewer than two capital class ships and a decent army of corvettes and M3+'s outfitted with light weapons. Do only Khaak ships require nividium to build? And do asteroids in Khaak sectors respawn like their ships?
I'm playing vanilla X3 Reunion only right now, by the way.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i dont think so i think all minerals run out eventualy i know they have in my game but then again mine is broken i think

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

All minerals? Even ore and silicon mines? That could cause civilization as we know it to collapse!

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

no only the roids that have no mines on them if there is a mine on it then it will never run out.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh. Too bad...

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh. Too bad...
- DangerClose

Yeah i have striped the whole x3 uni in my game and destroyed all the mines in every sector. But the whole uni goes to the garbage. In 3 days the crystal fabs went down. 2 days after that enegry cells quit being made. 4 days after that solar power plants go down. about 12 hours after that the any thing that required enegry cells goes down. in 9 days 12 hours (game time) the whole uni economy will go down. After about 3 days of playing i have started to noice a drop in transport ships from any race and well as alot of products are becomeing hard to find. and shipyards have begenning to have les ships in the ship yards i cant find any M1, M2, M6's any more in any races ship yards. I give it about 1 or 2 more weeks (game time) till the uni is divoid of life.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Wow. Could one completely eliminate a type of factory from existence and then fill the void with one's own factories?

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I did that in TC but with a more violent approach i bought 20 of each station that made a product then 1 crystal and 1 solar plant and 1 food plant for each of those stations. Then with a little script i wrote i added them all into a complex in an unknown sector and started produceing all the in games items. Its not as cool as you would think and if you leave the ship yards untouch and let the SETA sit on 1000% for 10 hours (real life) the game starts to rebuild with the availbile resorces. End resault you can kinda restart the whole uni with out restarting the game. There is another way you can go about it tho on the complex and thats take a E-dock write a scrip for a station to produce every thing in the game from shield to ore and use that one station as the start of life in the uni. Now i know this from experence i have a custom game as a save for testing custom mods and scripts for both TC and reunion. And that whole idea for being the center of attenion for lack of a better term works the same in both games only TC tends to rebuild quicker then reunion.

You need to log-in to post here.