new games!

Home Board Index » Playstation 3 » new games!

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

so i was browsing amazon and noticed 2 very interesting games comming out near christmas time this year.

Final Fantasy XIII-2
-and-
Elder Scrolls V

as for FFXIII-2, i'm not sure about this one. i played FFX, which was one of my favorites of all time. however, FFX-2, not so much. it was like drawing out a good thing untill it kinda became a bad thing. not a horrible game, but i think they could have spent their time and money more wisely. i mean come on, you didn't see a FFVII-2, it wasn't nessesary. they just made FFVIII, which was also good. anyways, while i won't hold my breath, i'm still interested to see how this game turns out.

Elder Scrolls V. it's about time Bethesda got off their ass and put this game out. it's been, what, about 5 years since Oblivion? if the new installment is anywhere near the awsomeness of the other Elder Scrolls games, it'll be worth the wait.

for those of you that don't know anything about Elder Scrolls, set A LOT of time aside, and play Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind. then, when you've had your fill of running across the gicantic map(or casting a spell to jump across it lol), you can move on to version IV - Oblivion. another really good game. in this game, during one of the quest lines you aquire a horse that follows you around. the interesting thing about this, is that you can kill your horse, and put shit on it, and then it revives itself. you have a portable personal chest, need i say more?

anyways, i've gone on long enough. does anyone else have an oppinion on these games, or any other new one's that are comming out for the PS3 soon?

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, we had a big batch of games released (GT5, Dead space 2 etc.) but there are some more to come. One on my list is inFamous 2 - although im worried about the changes (new character).

You may think its strange, but I never played either Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls. I was going to get FF (a ps3 version) but when I returned to toy 'r us, the price had shot back up (it was £20 at the time, went back to £40!).

just checking play, and The Elder Scrolls V release date says: 11 November 2011. So not for awhile.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

You may think its strange, but I never played either Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls. I was going to get FF (a ps3 version) but when I returned to toy 'r us, the price had shot back up (it was £20 at the time, went back to £40!).
- Roguey

well, the FF games have kinda gone downhill since FFX. i haven't played many of the early games, but i started at around FFVI and have now played VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XIII. i would say VI through X were the best ones, X being probably my favorite game of all time.

X-2 was complete rubbish. they should have left well enough alone.
XII was alright. it was the first to have a active battle system, which means you don't cut into a battle sequence, it's a fluid transition between exploring and battling. the story was kinda weird though
XIII had a better story to it. they did a mix between the active battle, and normal, seperate, battle systems. the level and customization system was pretty interesting too.

just checking play, and The Elder Scrolls V release date says: 11 November 2011. So not for awhile.
- Roguey

yeah, it'll be awhile. it will probably be worth it though. i'm deffinatly excited for the release. out of the 2 games in this series that i have played, both impressed me greatly.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

It sounds like similar story: I felt GTA4 went a little down hill too (although its still a good game). San Andreas was a brilliant game: fun, big and lots to do.

Just seems to happen sometimes, shame really.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

I've been playing mostly Motorstorm - Apocalypse this week.
I never did get into the previous ones, my brother liked them tough.. But this one looked so awesome I just had to get it.. And it is fantastic. Smile

It were allready shipped to the store where I had the game preordered, when Sony decided to delay the game due to the disasters going on in Japan, so I weren't affected. Gotta say, the timing for this game were really unlucky, feels kind of strange sometimes, but the game is still really fun.. Smile

The level chosen for the demo (pulled) are probably the worst. :-/
Anyway, the tracks change each round due to lots of stuff happening, and you can also take alternative routes, some routes are quicker for smaller bikes, and some are quicker for big-rigs.

So far I've only been playing the Festival mode.
That's basically three campaign, I've just completed the rookie-campaign, and about to start on the second campaign, wich is about a different person. Smile
There are three campaigns, focusing on different persons.

We can't choose our vehicles before races in festival now, but the tracks get's unlocked in a different mode called Wreckstation I think, where you probably can use wichever wehicle you want as you could in the previous Motorstorms wich were more point-races, rather than a story-campaign.
I havn't tried the photo-mode, or up to 4 person split-screen local coop, or online play either. :-/

Mostly stuck to single-player.

It's also got alot of crazy stuff happening all the time, various apocalyptic stuff that happens while you race, i.e. you race through earth-quakes, tornados, hurricane, a batlle-ground contested by two armies, on top of skyscrapers beeing demolished, and lots of other crazy things. Smile

Small sample if you want to watch how it looks, might spoil some if you're on media-blackout:

I also got Top Spin 4 today.. Smile
It's OK fun, it's tennis..
Got abit few songs tough, like 8-9 in total, so it repeats pretty often in menus, and also abit bugged music on it tough, but I suspect that were due to a big fingerprint i seemingly had left on the bluray-disk.. :P
The game got way too much loading, even with 4GB install, seems to be something 2k Sports have struggled with forever..
Might be less of a problem when my player-characther get's further in her career, and matches get's longer, and i don't have to lad between training-screen and similar as often.
I think it's OK fun, but I don't think it's notas good as Virtua Tennis. :-/

I don't play much multiplayer-online gaming usually, I mostly prefer single-player games. But my name are KongRudi on PSN aswell, if you want a friend to compare trophies/leaderboard and similar with. Smile
So feel free to drop me a friend-invite and tell me that you're from Roguey's site.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

Ill have to add you on PSN sometime, good to see another on PSN.

well I have played MotorStorm: Pacific Rift a bit - got a copy with my PS3. It wasnt bad - just gets a little same'e after awhile. The trophies were very hard - which didnt help. The new one looks more jazzed up, but anything new?

ps. Do you want to be able to post stuff on the PS3 site? let me know if you do. The 'news' there doesnt have to be general news, but your own news too.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Nah, I'm fine.. I like to play the games, I don't think I would find time to write articles, and I'm not enough of a completionist to review games, only share impressions, since I usually are satisfied with finnishing the main campaigns. :P

Been playing abit more of Top Spin 4, the load-times isn't that much of an issue now, the games are longer, and I've reached the level cap on my avatar, so now it's only when changing outfits the loadtimes suck, wich I don't do that often anymore..

Speaking of outfits... check out this gametrailer with Serena beeing hot.

Unfortunately, I havn't found that outfit, so I don't think it's there.. :P

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Does this video works with you?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Speaking of outfits... check out this gametrailer with Serena beeing hot.
- KongRudi

erm.. that was a game... wasnt looking at it Smile

Nah, I'm fine.. I like to play the games, I don't think I would find time to write articles, and I'm not enough of a completionist to review games, only share impressions, since I usually are satisfied with finnishing the main campaigns.
- KongRudi

The PS3 site does not require large reviews or articles to been written. I understand that the site wont rival large sites like ign, gamespot etc. The site often gets used to post your own thoughts, feelings or advice. Say you worked out how to do something (which you feel would benefit people), or a tip etc. You can see the sort-of stuff being posted. However if your not interested, that's okay.

Does this video works with you?
- The White tiger

Which video? Looks like the one above has been removed.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Seems like 2k removed it, changed the link to a different site.. :-/

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Which video? Looks like the one above has been removed.
- Roguey

Yeah that.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Can't believe they got Serena to do that :P

The play station motion thing I have been told it is quite good, I have XBOX Kinect and thinking about getting the playstation thing.... any one got any ideas on it.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

The play station motion thing I have been told it is quite good, I have XBOX Kinect and thinking about getting the playstation thing.... any one got any ideas on it.
- bozo64r

I think Move is pretty cool, and Sports Champions are worth the price of entry alone. Smile I thought all the games there were really fun except Boccia, wich I didn't like.

Personally, I don't reccomend to bother with the clip-on addons, just go with move-starter pack + sports champions if it's not included.

I also got a navigator and a second move controller and a dreamgear charger-kit, but havn't gotten around to playing with move number two and navigator much. Dreamgear quad dock pro charges 2 DS3-controllers, 1 move, and one navigator, so that's allways in use.

Havn't gotten around to trying any other games with Move myself, to many other games. In hardcore games like Killzone 3, some people say they prefer the Dualshock while others prefer the Move, they you're better at aiming in the screen with move, and abit slower to turn they say, but don't have personal experience with it myself, since I wanted to play it with regualr controls. :P

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/ is a very good website to see how the various games is played with Move.
It's kind of hard to see on most sites and reviews, but this dude show the controls proper, with picture-in-picture image/controller, so you'll be better prepeared for finding out if Move enchance the experience or detracts from it before you buy the game. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, I used the WII a bit and found it m-okay, but at times wanted to use a normal controller. I remmeber playing Zelda and finding sometimes things didnt register when they should.

I guess for some of us this makes us sceptical about the Move. Ive got very used to the PS3 controller (seeing its identical to that of the PS2 and PS1 controller). The Kinect looks like a better device but it cost a bit and only for the XBOX.

heck, I dont know if I can be bothered with all that waving my hands anyway Smile

I feel its a shame that Sony havnt supported mouse and keyboard more. It would be great to play games like Killzone 2/3 with them. I know Unreal 3 had mouse + keyboard support, but 1 game?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

i am also very conflicted right now over the PS Move. i want it, but i don't know how much i would use it, and it is rather expensive (about $100 for the starter pack).

Well, I used the WII a bit and found it m-okay, but at times wanted to use a normal controller. I remmeber playing Zelda and finding sometimes things didnt register when they should.
- Roguey

from what i've read and heard, the PS Move picks up where the WII left off with the motion sensing thing. the Move is supposed to be much more accurate at sensing movements with that little ball on the top, and the camera.

I guess for some of us this makes us sceptical about the Move. Ive got very used to the PS3 controller (seeing its identical to that of the PS2 and PS1 controller). The Kinect looks like a better device but it cost a bit and only for the XBOX.
- Roguey

i've played with a friends Kinect. it was really fun with all the jumping and moving about, but it wasn't very accurate. i have yet to experience the move for myself, but if it has anything over the other two systems, it will be the accuracy of the motion sensing. this accuracy will shine in the FPS games like COD and Ghost Recon. if it can be utilized, they could also make an amazing RPG with spell casting, and sword+shield play done with one or two wands.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Oh, I thought the Kinect was more accurate than you said, its a shame if not.

I dont know how you would play killzone 3 with a move however. How do you walk backwards and fourth? I guess targeting is done by aiming at the screen like a light-gun?

Surely this is much slower than a keypad?

ps. When I sign into PSN, I notice youre playing DA2 a lot Smile Will you post any news on your thoughts soon? I for one would be interested.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.