My My My...Interesting Situation...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » My My My...Interesting Situation...

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I'm 'homing' fighters to my Stations and Complexes, and deploying Laser Towers.
I pop into the Unknown sector where I have my Weed & Whiskey Complex and my Rifle Complex.

Above my Weed & Whiskey Complex there is a Paranid Deimos with 2 Hades and a few M3's and M4's.
This frakking Deimos has at least one Phased Shock-wave Generator that it's firing off at Pirate fighters and Duke's transports...not caring who and what is in the way!

After popping a Duke's transporter, it and the Hades, stopped just off my Weed & Whiskey Complex. Engines for all are at 'zero'. The fighters are just flitting around.

My Complex suffered some shield damage in the last indiscriminate firing.
Three of my Mistral Supers docked there also suffered shield damage, one of these 25% hull damage.
They undocked when the Complex came under attack.

I'm in one of my Panthers with 16 fully equipped fighters.
My Tiger and my Boreas are with me and we have the basters surrounded.
Unfortunately we are all just on the edge of the Complex and there is a crap-load of civilian traffic extremely close.
We're all right above the traffic lanes that head toward my other Complex, and the traffic lane heading for the East Gate...to New Income.

Right now we're in a Mexican Stand-off.
It's almost like the Korean DMZ out here.

For the last 45 minutes (real and game-time) the Paranid force has just sat there..waiting. Almost DARING ME!

I'm not ready for my planned offensive against the Paranid, yet.
I do not want a small skirmish to get out of hand.
(I wonder if it's possible they heard about my plans and are testing me).....Hmmmm Toetap

Presently there are more Pirate ships and some Duke's transport ships coming in from the East Gate.

Should I convince the Paranid force how unsafe it is to remain here?
Who long might they remain if I do not molest them?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's a pre-emptive strike force! Take 'em out! Flame

Just for the record though, it weren't me that blabbed! :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Just for the record though, it werent me that blabbed! :p
- Kirlack

OK. I'll take you off the list.
I was thinking that we might have a "talker" amongst us.

Right now, my Boreas is parked in a position to intercept 'red' targets before the Deimos notices.
Maybe they will get bored and leave.

Its a pre-emptive strike force! Take em out! Flame
- Kirlack

I am SO tempted!

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Can you give them warning about shooting your plexs just like they give you?
Also how do yourepair a hull damaged complex?..

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Just one Deimos and a few support craft? If you're sensible enough to have a decent rep cushion, kill it. I would, I'm a Priest of Xaar.

Also how do yourepair a hull damaged complex?..
- Scott

I would also like to know this. My gate hub took 7% to the hull by Terrans when I wasn't paying attention and I soon discovered the repair laser wasn't going to cut it.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I had problems with a problem in Clarity's End, where 2 times the Paranid have attacked my weed complex - maybe not the best of place to build it.

The first time a single Deimos started attacking one of my bliss stations. I didnt have much resources, so I had to kill him up. I took my Griffon (with ships in the hanger) and started to attack him. I did suffer some damage, as he used a PSG's (which killed/damaged my fighters). The complex is worth more than the damage, so I had to grim and bear it.

A little later another Deimos started attacking another of the bliss stations (in the complex). However I just finished getting a new cobra armed, with 100+ flails/hammers and 20 marines really. So I took my new ship over there and boarded him.

So now anyone who attacking my complexs will have their own biological and technological distinctiveness to me. Borg

You need to log-in to post here.