I'm A Pack Rat

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » I'm A Pack Rat

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So where can I put all my stuff?

I have Complexes churning out various missiles and more Laser Towers then I can deploy.
I've collected a good number of large weapons waiting for ships to install them into.
I'd like to put some 'resources' in storage until I need them.

So where can I put all this stuff?
Stations and Complexes have limited storage space.
Examples:
Trading Ports/Stations and Equipment Docks can only store 2,500 energy cells.
My M7M Equipment Dock can only store 4 Hammer Heavy Torpedoes and 8 Flail Missiles. Sad, very sad Angry

I have 2 TL's and half-dozen (+) XL freighters being used for storage.

I am a long way from completing the PHQ plot.
I'm not even sure how many of each items the PHQ can store.

Any ideas about someplace(s) that has a large storage capacity for all my stuff?
I feel like George Carlin right now MvgN5gCuLac

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have 2 TLs and half-dozen (+) XL freighters being used for storage.
- cjm3fl

More of those.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

More of those.
- PuppyOfWar

Dizzy
Yeah that's where I was heading.

I'm checking out the HUB. It will hold 30,000 energy cells.
I'll see what stuff, and how much of it can store.

Too bad the freight drones have a limited 'life' outside the ship that launches them.
I could use a crap load of those (which I have) and not worry about shields, weapons, and software.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Doesnt one of the trading docks have internal docking, so you can dock unlimited M3/4/5 etc.? I thought it was the Teladi one?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Doesnt one of the trading docks have internal docking, so you can dock unlimited M3/4/5 etc.? I thought it was the Teladi one?
- Roguey

I don't know about that, but the Royal Boron Shipyard does I'm sure.
I'm not even sure how many of each items the PHQ can store.
- cjm3fl

It may differ, but in AP it can store 500,000 units of any cargo.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

- Roguey

Teladi and Argon trading stations both share this feature. Not much help for mass storage though.

@cjm3fl, if you're ever willing to go modified then you can steal Goner Ozias and fill them with Mistral Super Freighters, cos the Ozias can dock TS and TP class ships, 12 of them. I think it works out to ~230k XL total storage units.

For vanilla though, your best bet is to go find an Aran, and fill that with TS. Aran is 120k XL storage, plus 29 MSFs @ 15k each works out at 555k I think.

In the meantime though, get more Mammoths, or steal some Atmo Lifters from the Terrans. 60 or 80k a pop makes them top choice for storage.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

In the meantime though, get more Mammoths, or steal some Atmo Lifters from the Terrans. 60 or 80k a pop makes them top choice for storage.
- Kirlack

Or Mobile Mining Base ships, which also have 60,000 cargo space like the Mammoth does. Armaments aside, I think they're nicer than the Mammoth simply due to looks. I've thought of a really easy way to steal them in AP which I'm going to test soon.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Teladi and Argon trading stations both share this feature. Not much help for mass storage though
- Kirlack

How come? If you can dock an unlimited amount of M3, M4 and/or M5's, then why cant you put cargo on the small ships, then transfer to the station when wanted? technically that way gives you an unlimited storage.

The Aran is probably the best mobile way, I work it out to be 555k cargo too.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

How come? If you can dock an unlimited amount of M3, M4 and/or M5's, then why cant you put cargo on the small ships, then transfer to the station when wanted? technically that way gives you an unlimited storage.
- Roguey

Purely because of the very small amounts M3/4/5 ships can carry. Even using Falcon Haulers with their 343 XL cargo space, you'd need ~50 of them to carry as much as a single MSF! So, from an efficiency point of view, fighters is a logistical nightmare Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have used the fighters-for-storage trick in the past.
A wing or two in a Panther to help get my butt out of jams, and the rest of the docking bay loaded with fighters that are storing energy cells and missiles for re-supply.
The Blastclaw Prototype, with it's 650 (L) cargo space, or the Enhanced Kea with it's 750 (L) space may be a good. But not so much if I need to store (XL) stuff.
I have a pair of Blastclaw Prototypes, still need the E. Kea.
Then can reverse engineer them once I get the PHQ.

For vanilla though, your best bet is to go find an Aran, and fill that with TS. Aran is 120k XL storage, plus 29 MSFs @ 15k each works out at 555k I think.
- Kirlack

I like this idea. Getting an Aran and making it a mobile home-base.
Heck, could load it with M6's, M8's, and heavy fighters and use it as a mobile military base.

...or steal some Atmo Lifters from the Terrans.
- Kirlack

So how much more trouble would I be causing myself my pissing off the Terrans?
I know the trick about being "Sorry" before the computer is hacked.

I haven't been too deeply into Terran territory yet and I am gearing up to kick the Paranid in the snout.
I certainly don't need to be fighting a war on two fronts...or do I? Term

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

another thought might be (for a modified game, of course) would be the Enhanced Equipment docks ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2704437 ) - the best storage of those is a station that docks 2 capitals, 20 freighters, and unlimited fighters, and has 240K storage, which you can configure using the dockware manager from the bonus pack (i.e. allow 15000 spaces of ecells, allow 12000 spaces of Hammers, and so on - and as Lucike wrothe the dockware manager, all his scripts (CAG, CLS 1 and 2, maybe others not in bonus pack) are supposed to respect those limits (not tested yet personally, the cheapest of those stations is 50K..)

i did find one easy way to get an Enhanced Kea, by the way - Tormented Teladi start - and the best freight use i have used for it or the blastclaw proto is to keep 1-2 on TLs or other large ships to make ecell runs when it's low Wink

if you do use the fighters for storage plan, i'd consider the station camper script ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270962 )

You need to log-in to post here.