caping a station?

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » caping a station?

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

under vanilla TC, the answers i have are maybe, no, and no. (point one shouldn't be hard to test, if you run vanilla).

with Gazz's super tractor script, ships and asteroids (but not stations, unfortunately) can be towed thru gates and by jump (he said "by any nav command" at one point, so i'd assume jump beacons will work also)

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I just got reminded by another thread that you can capture ships carrying a station. Its a good way to get ones normally unavailable to the player. IBL/PBG forges are obviously the best ones. I've also heard of being able to get those terran ice mine things.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I was asking because I am unable so far to get to the ibl. would be neat to try them. heck i buy it if I could

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've only heard of 2 ways to get IBLs - as drops from destroyed ships, or from IBL fabs (usually NPC, unless you find one in a capped TL or have a script to add them to a shipyard somewhere)

My favorite way to get IBLs, if the yaki don't kill you on sight, is to make a small complex in Weavers Tempest early on to feed the 2 IBL forges there - the sector needs e-cells, wheat, and ore (i used 1 system trader and 1 e-cell seller on the basic best sell) (at least 1M, maybe 2M or 1L wheat fab - one L ore mine on a 10 min yield, and enough silicon/food/crystals to supply ecells for everything) Also, if you supply enough wheat for the 2 yaki space feul forges, you can funnel off a lot of cheap space feul Wink

In the game where i set that up, i don't own any IBL using ships but have 16 IBLs stashed - i also have better yaki rep than i have goner rep when i finished the goner plot.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Actually there is a 3rd way to get IBL's with an unmodified game.

I've gotten all mine, only 10 so far, by capping ships equipped or carrying them.
All of mine came off capped Pirate Carracks from the Unknown Sector between Maelstrom and Gaian Star.

I've read that if you cap a Pirate Brigantine or Galleon the chances of finding large numbers of IBL's on-board is fairly high.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many non pirate/yaki capitals carry vast numbers of IBLs. I've encountered ships from all five commonwealth races that carry 20+ Several of them drop them when destroyed, or you can attempt to board them and see how many are left once your marines have finished shooting up the place Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very true. Unless I'm imagining it, I find that the Split carry IBLs almost as much as the the pirate factions do.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'd actually cite the BORON as the worst offenders of IBL proliferation! Bloody squiddies seem to have them on damn near every cap ship I go after. The last Ray I stole had 24 of them still aboard when I jumped it up to my hidden base beyond Xenon Sector 534, although I'd stolen it in Rolk's Drift, right next door to the Boron homeworld. I'm guessing they like to keep a lot of firepower on their doorstep.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.