Xenon Sector 472 Cleared--For The Moment

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Xenon Sector 472 Cleared--For The Moment

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hmm, if the Jonferco defence fleets are down then the only real line of defence left along that route is the passing military patrols between M148, Black Hole Sun and the Paranid border at Interworlds. I quite often see large Argon fleets in or near Nathan's Voyage, but there's no guarentee.

Think you might need to hop down there and take that lot out personally Bomb

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Think you might need to hop down there and take that lot out personally Bomb
- Kirlack

Doing just that.
Sniping at the fleet actually.
Several missile launches in one sector, then jump and wait in another sector.

Presently it's just me and the K in Nathan's Voyage.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well it's been about 3 days (real-time).

It was fun, it was interesting.
But I think I'll move on and get back to finishing Plots and building my Complexes.

I'll definitely check back from time to time and see how long it takes the Xenon to rebuild in 472.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Interesting observation--
I've moved all my ships out of 472 and am working on other stuff.

I left 3 advanced satellites in 472 so I could check in on the Sector.

Presently, the "Exterminator", the M4 of the Final Fury plot is in 472 with an Argon fleet.
The fleet consists of a Centaur, a Mercenary Eclipse, a Mercenary Venti, 4 Novas, 6 Busters, a Mercenary Eurus, 6 Discoverers, and a Discoverer Hauler.

I've never noticed Jesan Nadina to take the Exterminator out of Omicron Lyrae.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Interesting observation....observation--

After finishing up some minor stuff I jumped back to 472.
Jenas Nadina in his Exterminator, and the Argon fleet, were still there.
Once I made contact with Jenas--I asked where nearest Shipyard was--Jenas and the Mercenary ships broke from the Argon fleet and started beating feet back to Omicron Lyrae.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I've noticed Exterminator out and about a few times. I think the mercenaries occasionally go on patrol as far as Nathan's Voyage and then turn back for OmLy. Never seen them head into 472 though.

It's worth noting that because Exterminator is a plot ship it's invincible, meaning it could potentially clear 472 by itself :p

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

It's worth noting that because Exterminator is a plot ship it's invincible, meaning it could potentially clear 472 by itself :p
- Kirlack

I guess it depends if there are enough ships respawning to keep the ship in the sector. I bet its orders are attack all, and fly to sector (if its patrolling).

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It would also need a damage output higher than the regen rate of the enemy's shields, otherwise it might just end up wailing against an I and not even making a dent. I can't recall of the top of my head the class of that ship, but I think it's a fighter right?

Also I'm a tad dubious just how invincible it is. I remember one time when I used the cheat pack and enabled invincibility on myself, but the Torus still managed to kill me.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I cant recall of the top of my head the class of that ship, but I think its a fighter right?
- Seygantte

It's an M4, but I can not find it listed in any of the ship-guides.
Looks very much like an Enhanced Elite with 'souped up' speed of 216 m/s verses 201.6 m/s, and better acceleration with 87 m/s2 verses 81.2 m/s2. The rest of the stats seem to match the Enhanced Elite.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

If it weren't for that increased acceleration, I'd guess it was just an overtuned one then. However, I don't know of any way to tune the acceleration :/ Regardless, I don't see that ship putting out the fire power to take down any Xenon Capitals.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Regardless, I dont see that ship putting out the fire power to take down any Xenon Capitals.
- Seygantte

Which is probably the reason why our friend Jesan doesn't make it past mission 2 in the plot Whatever

"Never bring a fighter to a capital ship fight." Bash the wall

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Which is probably the reason why our friend Jesan doesn't make it past mission 2 in the plot Whatever

"Never bring a fighter to a capital ship fight." Bash the wall
- cjm3fl

Nah, the reason Jesan doesn't survive past the second mission is that he's out there laying the minefield and switches on the grid before making to move out Bricks

Basically, the guy's an idiot Big grin

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.