Reverse Engineering---All X Games

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Reverse Engineering---All X Games

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Just for fun, what ship/craft have you guys reverse engineered at your PHQ?
What ships/craft do you 'plan' to reverse engineer if/when you finish the Plot to get your PHQ?

Open question for any one that is playing/has played an X game where RE is available.

For me--these are ships I already have;
the Griffon (M7)
the Vidar (M6)
the Blastclaw Prototype (M3)
the Skate Prototype (M3+)

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

In my main corporation save (cos I didn't bother with the PHQ plot in my pirate games):

[*]M1 Aran
    [*]M7 Griffon
    [*]M7 Agamemnon
    [*]M6 Heavy Centaur Prototype
    [*]M6 Hyperion Vanguard
    [*]M3 Venti
    [*]M3+ Blastclaw Prototype
    [*]TP Advanced Express

There might be a couple others, but there's still a few corporations I need to work on to get their rewards (Duke's Buccaneers for instance, for the Medusa Prototype). And when I find a Notus Hauler I'm stealing it damnit! :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess generally the bigger ships dont tend to get reverse engineered, as they take so long to reverse and build. I guess the Aran is really exception due to its uniqueness... I guess any ship which is either unique or hard to get multiple. Otherwise you can simply buy them at the shipyard.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I reverse engineer everything I can get my hands on. So far I've REd dozens of fighters, several M1s and M2, half a dozen M7s, all commonwealth TMs and a few TLs. And the Aran, and I'm about the start building my second.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Whatever I can get my hands on

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

If I were playing my pirate saves and had to worry about not being able to buy some ships because I'd fallen from grace with a given faction, I'd RE everything too. But when you can buy every ship that can be bought the only ones worth REing are the rare or unique ones, in my opinion.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Undecided I agree with ya Kirlack, but only by 70% or 80%.
I picked up the Cutlass M3+ (reward) and bought 4 Scimitars M3's, along with a Kantana M6, while doing the Terran Plot.
I don't see me doing much more "business" with the Terran other then through the remaining Plots I have to finish.

While all three of these models are 'purchasable' I will probably just RE more.

After all "We took care of the Dilgar, we can handle the Minbari", I mean--once I get done pissing off the Paranid I'm probably going to annoy the Terran.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!

You need to log-in to post here.