Is the god engine that dumb?

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Is the god engine that dumb?

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Since I have gotten boarding down I belive {3 Carricks 2 Brigs 1gallean). Most of the ships had nothing ,no fire wall no pol. hull or sentry lasers. heck all the carrecks has at least firewall the second one had a pol hull. The gal. I just got ( son said liberated) was where one of the brigs. was ,and the brig had a pol hull.So I'm wondering does it gen a random thing or it just does not know they will get reacquired? Also how do you take something from the other races with out them getting angry? like say a Deimos?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, the god engine doesnt know if your plan to steal the ship or not. The items are purely random.

If you steal a ship like a Deimos, you will angry police ships in the same sector. You will lose some rep. but its recoverable with a kill mission, or two.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess I was thinking that it would after a period of time make ships with various safe guards like firewall etc.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

ok I got another question. is there a limit to the number of stations or ships ?I was in veil of delusion last night and everything was gone. I did 3 station missions Bo gas shield and another station and everything was gone . Know the split was there but just a small force. They did take out the piraye station earlier but not the rehab place. It seamed there was always some ship needing a new home there .but not now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I dont know of any limits so-called to speak of, however usually when a sector is bare its because there was a large battle in there and ure just seeing the aftermath. ie. a A Khaak destroyer could of been there.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very true ,what about a single station? like the marine barracks in home of light? Not there now was there earlier that is a fairly well protected sector. That has me puzzled.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well the GOD engine can move stations too; how the actual GOD engine works - only ego knows.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very true ,what about a single station? like the marine barracks in home of light? Not there now was there earlier that is a fairly well protected sector. That has me puzzled.
- Scott

Those are some of the first to disappear. It has something to do with the amount of use a station gets. Since NPCs don't buy marines, it goes poof very early. In one of my old games, a small pirate gang leveled Family Pride. Why the local forces didn't kill them we may never know. But I used that sector often and lost a bunch of docked ships. When I seen what was happening I jumped in and only 3 pirate M3s were there killing the trade station.

Another strange thing is in another game I had an extensive sat network setup. I hear "Attention, one of your ships is under attack". I look at my log and the sat in Ore Belt was just killed by a Khaak Destroyer. I jump in right away and there is no hostiles in sight. Not a single station was harmed, just my navsat.

Often its just random craziness but the GOD engine at work is easy to spot. Missing barracks, missing weapon/shield forges and stations moved to new positions.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks that explains a lot,now can you use the God engine to my benfit?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks that explains a lot,now can you use the God engine to my benfit?
- Scott

Sorta. If you setup a massive trading network, the GOD engine will respawn stations that were removed previously. However, I haven't been able to get barracks to respawn yet. But I have gotten many food factories and ore/silicon mines to respawn.

From my experiences it seems the engine just keeps track of trade activity on all wares. So when that ware spikes in trade volume, it will start respawning previously removed stations of that type. The respawning is the cause of moved stations. There have been reports that you can make unique weapon/missile fabs respawn by increasing trade activity in the area (ie: Terran Space and those pesky unbuildable stations). But I have personally only seen it with things like ore/silicon mines, food factories, SPPs and commonwealth weapon/missile fabs. I tried to get a PSP forge to respawn with no luck, but I may have not given it enough time.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Scott Just in case you're still after those race ships. You can start the boarding operation and once the marines are through the hull tell the captain your attack was a mistake (only possible if your race rank is positive). The ship will go back to neutral, but the boarding op continues and if it's successful the ship is handed over to you without rep loss. It's basically bug-using though.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

it may have been a glitch but i took over ringo moon and used a script to delete the station in that sector. i built my own complex and left it alone for a few hours to make me money when i went back into the system it had spawned and uncountable number of stations they were so close to each other that some were blowing because they were hitting each other. The gate i went threw had stations all around it. it lagged ral bad. but the stations were only 5km off of the gates it was great when i collected all the cargo contaners made a coulple of mill from it Wink now thats a dumb God engine :P

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, doesnt sound like one of its finest moments lol

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I remember seeing someone in the ego scripting & modding forum doing a god engine reworking mod last year - the initial trial was to make all stations immune to being removed, but I think he went towards doing his own version of the engine.

jack775544

jack775544 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

That would be EJ with his mod. He had to stop over the chistmas break for uni, but he should be back on it now.

You need to log-in to post here.