Mobile mining

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Mobile mining

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Can some one plz tell me why when have a mobile mining fleet going they mine the ore dock in a station and never undock again now do i get them to constantly mine

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Mobile miners return to their homebase (as defined by you) when their bays are full. Once they get home, their scripting stops and you have to re-start them manually.

The best way around it I've found is to have a single CLS pilot in a TS, complete with transporter device. Set the CLS ship up to load minerals from your mobile miners and his final waypoint as either a TL, mine or station.

This works perfectly for X3:TC. I'm not sure how well it will work for Reunion.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Another thing I do is order them to mine then unload at ever station,I need

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Another thing I do is order them to mine then unload at ever station,I need
- Scott

Thats what i do but they stop after they fill their cago holds i will try kirlack's method an see how that goes

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'll give you a quick rundown of how I set up my Nividium mining crew in Kingdom End.

[*]1x Mammoth (drop off point) - Stays docked at the Royal Boron Shipyard in Kingdom End.
    [*]10x Caiman Miner - Mobile Miner 1-10. I've got a Nav Sat right over the Niv deposits in KE and just direct the MMs to there, then give the order to collect rocks. That ensures they ONLY collect niv rocks (which I'd already broken up in my fighter).
    [*]1x Mistral - CLS Pilot (Logistician Level) - Has 11 waypoints set up, one for each mobile miner (Add Ship > Mobile Miner 01-10 > Load > Niv > Up to 500 units). Final waypoint is (Add Ship > Mammoth > Unload > Niv > up to 10000 units).

So. My miners collect the rocks. While they're doing that the Mistral moves amongst them, beams the rocks from their bays into his, then drops the whole load at the Mammoth. Every once in a while I buy a dolphin from the shipyard (about 600k credits), shift a load of niv into it and then sell it for ~8 million Smile

The method works for any mineral you might need. You can even double up the mining operations on shattered asteroids and get a huge return in mineral volume. 2-3 of these kind of fleets can easily support the entire mineral requirements of large complexes.

Hope you guys find this useful Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ahh ok i c well i will try that and see how it goes

You need to log-in to post here.