HUB Plot

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » HUB Plot

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

so i have started on the hub plot i was looking threw the walk threws for it and some people say to build a complex to supply it others say stock pile the stuff for it. I have decided to build the complex for this mission. But i dont know all the stations i need to build it would be nice if i could get a list of what statios i need as no one has posted any thing on this forum or egosofs fourm.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well you gonna need a lot of Ore (450,000 units), so find a sector with a lot! and build Ore mine L's (dont ever bother with M's). You will also need a lot of silicon too (for both Mai (250,000) and for the creation of Microchips (75,000)).

Your need 5 or 6 Teladianium factories, to supply 150,000 units, and 5+ Microchip factories.

Next your need a lot of power-plants to keep the whole thing running, plus all the other stations to keep it running like crystal plants, bio/food stations.

Its not going to be cheap!

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have constructed six of these complexes. But it requires a small fleet of about 10 CLS pilots to feed them. I have taken the time to do the math for all the complexes and how long it will take you to get all these resoces and how much storage is needed if you are planning ahead in advance. Now I have six so it only took 5 days but the massive ammonts of mammoths it took was staggering. I also used 113 argon equitment docks to store the mammoths for an easy drop off and to stop them and the CLS ships from crashing into each other and the mammoths. Below is the stations I used.

Chip plant (10x) -
Production - 40x
Cycle time - 24 minuets
Total needed - 75,500 (includes the 500 needed in the first part)
Total time to compleation = 31.46 days
Storage ship total - 2.5 Mammoths
Total price for stations - 56,000,000

Computer plant (10x) -
Production - 20x
Cycle time - 1 minuets 36 seconds
Total needed - 400
Total time to compleation = 53 minuets
Storage ship total - 1 M6 class ship
Total price for stations - 14,000,000

Crystal fab (large) (10x) -
Production - 40x
Cycle time - 8 minuets
Total needed - 250,000
Total time to compleation = 34.72 days
Storage ship total -16.6 Mammoths
Total price for stations - 63,000,000

Teleaudanum foundry (large) (10x) -
Production - 100x
Cycle time - 1 minuet
Total needed - 150,000
Total time to compleation = 1.04 days
Storage ship total -12.5 Mammoths
Total price fors stations - 8,115,000

(NOTE: as for the minerals I used moble mining not any of the mines. So the values for the time and amount that can be produced may varry. But the amount of mammoths needed for storage. With the mobile mining it only took me 2 days to get all the minerals I needed including the nividium)

Ore mine (large) (10x)
Production - 150x
Cycle time - 1 minuet 9 seconds
Total needed - 450,000
Total time to compleation = 2.4 days
Storage ship total - 60 Mammoths
Total price for stations - 8,500,000

Silicon mine (large) (10x)
Production - 50x
Cycle time - 1 minuet 29 seconds
Total needed - 400,000
Total time to compleation = 8.24 days
Storage ship total - 120 Mammoths
Total price for stations - 14,000,000

As for the process used for mining I have 100 Centars for mineing ore and 100 for mining silicon. With a CLS ship for every 2 miners. Hauling to a mammoth for storage.

Oh and roguey i would like to add on to the HUB plot a more detailed guide on how to generate the money to get every thing required to get up to the complexes as well as the ships required and the set up of the whole process.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I typically build a load of self sustained complexes for the Hub. I don't worry about building anything for the first section (the 500 computer components or whatever it is), as the requirements aren't that steep. Once I get to the point where gate set 1 is available for the first link I tend to connect to Gunne's Crusade. Why?

Firstly, Gunne's is chock full of Ore 'roids, making it a great choice for the first section. You can connect every Ore asteroid in the sector into one complex and there's enough Silicon asteroids to power it and leave some left over. I use the 72 yield Sil 'roid to start a closed loop Teladianium complex (10x Teladianium Foundry L).

That sorts out the Teladianium and Ore requirements.

The Nividium section is a breeze, mining 500 units of Niv is incredibly easy Wink

For the Crystals section I build a Crystal Mega'plex in Barren Shores. Using every single 'roid in the sector you can run 27 L sized crystal fabs. When the section is complete you can turn off the majority of those fabs and use the Silicon to complete the next section.

The big one for most players is the 75000 Microchips. I like to build several small chip complexes throughout the universe. Any sector that has at least a 57-64 yield silicon rock can sustain a closed loop 5x chip plant complex. I built them in Elena's Fortune, Ore Belt, Hollow Infinity, Cho's Defeat...there are more, but I can't remember them off hand.

You might want to build the chip complexes first, as they take by and far the longest time to comlpete the section.

As for best ways to make the money to fund said complexes....

Mine Nividium Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

oh i finished the Hub plot with my idea. It worked increadbly well i even expereminted with it. What i did was set up shop in the unknown sesctor behind the west gate in xenon sector 534. I tied all the roids toghter with a comples and a script that forces position of a station. i then built my 6 complexes to start stock pileing the resoces. and have them ready to transport to the hub. now as for the computer plants you do kinda need those as they make the money required to pay for your CLS pilots other wise you are left cheathing (i do use some scripts but i still perfur the hard grind of tradeing, mining, and fighting to get my money) to keep money in your pocket and pilots on the pay role. But thats if the hub complexes are your first stations in the game. now as for the collection time. I was worng i hired about 60 more CLS ships to assist in the pulling of resorces to the hub. It took a total of 13 hours to get every thing required and no mammoths required or E-docks. Now i know what your thinking i have built a complex next to a xenon sector. well i have figured out that problem there is a mod for the hub on the egosoft forums that give the hub 12 gates allowing you to effectively connect all the corners of the unniverse. With your Hub as the center of attention. all you have to do is pop a tradeing station or a E-dock in the middle of the hub send unwanted a ship yard and sell them or have fly to their deaths in a xenon sector.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I like to.use the unk sector.next to zytherth domain. Simple because when you home sector it is north of that sector, thus I have 3 sector I can use as my own.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i set up shop there one time. Bad idea for me i ended up with a khaak invasion in that sector and lost a 134 station complex and a PHQ (scripted) and died 10 times it was no good i had to let it go and count my losses. I wont set up there again!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

now as for the computer plants you do kinda need those as they make the money required to pay for your CLS pilots other wise you are left cheathing
- caffeeine

Set all your CLS pilots homebase as either the Hub itself, or your PHQ. Then homebase all your Mk3 traders/CLS traders (if you use them) as well. The profit from the traders should offset your CLS collectors.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Set all your CLS pilots homebase as either the Hub itself, or your PHQ. Then homebase all your Mk3 traders/CLS traders (if you use them) as well. The profit from the traders should offset your CLS collectors.
- Kirlack

What i edned up doing was i had the dock manager thingy (i cant remember the name) automaticly tranfur the money to my main walet and had the CLS pilots draw off of my main walet as well. Other wise i would of had to go threw and set the home base for 60 CLS pilots. Im to lazy to do that so it was just easer to do it the way i did

tomjgs

tomjgs avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Easiest way to make lots of dosh is to first find the Experimental Shuttle, load it up with all the upgrades you can including a Docking computer, jump to Asteroid Belt and fly to Jupiter. Don't have any missiles on board, and only take 50 energy cells max. Have a cargo life support system installed, and half your cargo bay empty. Now take jobs that people need transporting from one place to another, but not needing a transporter ship because they'll just blow you off. Take mainly troops and single people. You have a certain time to do the job in. Don't use autopilot, and press the booster button as soon as you leave the station with your cargo. Follow the arrows with your Time accelerator turned on and you will complete the missions well ahead of the time allowed. Sounds a crappy way of making money, but when you get a job that gives you £5,000.000 plus for doing in real time five minutes work, it soon adds up. Do the £500,000 jobs as well. They sometimes lead to a better offer at the end of that run. I made over £50,000,000 on just over an hour!

You need to log-in to post here.