Sohnen who are they

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Sohnen who are they

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm yeah a flying jump gate. He we sould add in a whole Unknown sectore with dishes floating around in it.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I hope ego arent reading, otherwise they may make a new game: x-teacup. ROFL

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol that would be funny hell there should be a mod made that changes all the ships and stations to dishes. I can see a khaak cluster it flys in as a plate then breaks apart and looks like flying glass coming at you.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

What would be the weps? Hot food chelts bofu snails meatstakes? Lol

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

When I first saw one flying dish, I followed it/him/her back to its base of operations, and later after many sectors, I found no bases and it just wasted my time, then I finally shot it down, so I simply ignore these dishes.
And about that cup, its really funny, and the idea of flying jumpgate would be perfect for X-Birth Bricks

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think I remember the Sohnen being mentioned in the X universe history timeline from the old Argonopedia website, as being one of the old races that built most of the commonwealth gates, helped guide and guard the Boron until the Boron started spacefaring, cut off the commonwealth from their gate system when the Xenon started becoming a problem - and after one of the X game plot lines when the Xenon were on the verge of annihilation, insisted that they be allowed to survive, because at least one of the old races was also Ai based.

Maybe there is a secret UFO base, but it would be in a different gate system I believe Smile

As for why people try to capture the UFO or anything else that isn't nailed down, some people are just excessive completists, some are compulsive "ooooo shiny, let's steal it" types, lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, true - it does seem that the x games are more about stealing everything you can now - why trade or build? I bet if you could board stations, no-where would be safe.

as for the UFO base, I dont think there is one. What would be so great about it anyway?

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I will tell you whats so great about it its shiney and i can try and capture it

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

You can't capture the UFOs. I have tried over and again, but never got one to bail. I recently spotted one in Three Worlds and set an M5 to follow it. Went up through Kingdom End, all the way east into the block of sectors surrounding Mines of Fortune, down towards Thyn's Abyss and then my M5 got eaten by a Q in X472 Bricks

I think I remember the Sohnen being mentioned in the X universe history timeline from the old Argonopedia website, as being one of the old races that built most of the commonwealth gates, helped guide and guard the Boron until the Boron started spacefaring, cut off the commonwealth from their gate system when the Xenon started becoming a problem - and after one of the X game plot lines when the Xenon were on the verge of annihilation, insisted that they be allowed to survive, because at least one of the old races was also Ai based.

Maybe there is a secret UFO base, but it would be in a different gate system I believe

As for why people try to capture the UFO or anything else that isn't nailed down, some people are just excessive completists, some are compulsive "ooooo shiny, let's steal it" types, lol
- yeni

The Sohnen are the custodians of the gate network. The gates were built by the Ancients, kind of a gestalt consciousness made up of the many 'original' life forms of the universe. When they asceneded to a higher plane of existence they passed the running of the gate network to the Sohnen, a machine based life form. They feature very briefly in X3:Reunion (one of the last few missions has you collect a gate seed from a Sohnen named Sargon), and the feature in the Reunion mod TXM (The X-tended Mod). There's more info on both the Sohnen and the Ancients in the X-Encyclopedia.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.