Docking problems...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Docking problems...

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

Does anyone else get a problem where a station has 2-4 ships docked and it won't let you dock any more? The docking computer says that docking is unavailable at the moment, it seems to be more common on terran stations...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ive had that happen a few times in the past. There isnt much you can do but wait, and hope a ship departs.

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Might this be space suits taking up docking spaces? I remember reading somewhere on the ego forum that those would dock and block the landing clamps, in my games I use a destroy object hot key to minimize this potential problem - it might be that the only 'fix' is for the god engine to remove and replace the station.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm not sure, because I've physically looked up close at the docking ports, I think terran stations have 20, and there is nothing in them, yet it doesn't let me dock. Weird and annoying...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont think the ship has to be landed to take-up a docking slot. I think they request one in space before landing. Although im not sure on that.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ahhhh that would make much more sense, as in some Terran stations there is an awful lot of traffic arriving and departing, so it's probably that all of the docking spots are reserved. The ODS in Mars usually has a massive queue, you can see loads of NPC ships floating around waiting for a space, it's quite funny really!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yup, made me laugh when I found out a shipyard has only 5 docking slots for fighters (one arm). You'd think a shipyard could handle more than 5 fighters eh? in a strange twist, it can dock 6 capital ships.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Pffff that's a bit silly, they can dock more cap ships than fighters. New tip: Never use one as a home base!!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

If I remember correctly, I think equipment docks have a couple more docking arms. Each docking arm allows for 5 fighters (M6 or smaller to dock). Fighters will never dock at a cap slot.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

That's why I like the Teladi and Argon trading stations. With internal docking for fighters they can dock an infinite amount.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh yea, I forgot about those. Shame you cant dock a capital at them.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Of course! The internal docking ports don't have a limit!!! Dayum, I forgot about that too, defiantly using one of them for fighter storage. And because they have launch tubes they can deploy a lot if fighters very quickly, it's as if they were designed as a defense fighter hanger! Thanks guys!

*EDIT: Does anyone know the tactic for having fighters docked at a station that deploy to attack enemies? I think it was to set their home base as that station, then put them on 'Standby', but I'm not sure...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hmm.. I think setting a home base should do it. Just have them landed.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Probably need fight command software, too. I'd guess giving them the order "attack all enemies and dock...", but I've never tried that.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Is there a way so they will launch when enemies enter the sector? Or is it only when that station is attacked? I don't want patrol ships spread out, especially in the larger sectors, it makes for a worse defense... I'll try that method, but I thought they only attack enemies once...

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey, has anyone ever had problems undocking ships from the Yaki shipyard? I bought a Chokaro the other day and it refused to undock, whether I was piloting it, or if the autopilot was. In the end I did it by leaving the sector, then telling the Chokaro to jump out, which worked. Now that I know this, I will buy yaki ships OOS in future, but I just thought it was weird...

P.S: I do have the Yaki Armarda 2 script installed, that may affect the shipyard...

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.