Command Ships

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Command Ships

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I seem to recall there being one idling around the Family Njy area with very little fighter support. Easy steal Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ooooo yeah, the Panther is really useful! I just had a fantastic (and well paid) battle with the Xenon in Getsu Fune and some of the surrounding sectors, I'll give a little re-cap:

I had just finished a Yaki patrol mish in Getsu, and I spot and accept a Xenon Patrol mission from here to Menelaus' Paradise, paying 300,000 + kills. A strike force of a single Q, 1 P and a few fighters jump in about 15km away, so I switch to my Tiger and grind them into dust. I head to the north of the sector to see another strike force of 2 Q's and a few more fighters jump in about 20km under the Argon EQ dock; which happens to have a combat mission on it! I decide to have a look, and find its a Xenon Invasion mission paying 2mill! Bonus! They tell me they're coming from the North Gate (obviously...), I check to see that I now have 4 Q's bearing down on me; but that's not bad, had worse! Fortunately, the're a bit spread out, so I isolate and intercept each one, taking out 2 P's as well; with Gold Wing now covering my arse, I mop up the rest of the Fighters and the Invasion mission ends giving me 9.5mill! Not bad for 10 mins work! After wiping out a Khaak cluster as well, the Xenon Patrol mish tell me to move onto MP, and there I find another Xenon Patrol mish from MP down to Family Ryk, paying 200,000! The Xenon are out in force today! So I accept that and chomp my way through another 5 Q's, 3 P's and a truckload of N's; just as the second Xenon Patrol mission tells me to go to Bluish Snout, the first Xenon Patrol ends saying I scratched off 98 ships and pays me 3.8mill; Noice! Bluish Snout and Ocean of Fantasy are pretty quiet though, netting me only 4 Q's, 3 P's and a few fighters total; Family Ryk has no Xenon ships in it and the second Xenon Patrol ends as soon as I jump in, rewarding me with another 2.4 mill for 52 ships eliminated.
All of that and not a single loss on Gold Wing (was a few bumps a scratches on a couple of the Solanos, but nothing my Marines can't fix!), didn't even drop below 30% shields on my Tiger; and to top it all off, one of my Aladna Hill CAG's tell me it's heard reports of enemies in Akeela's Beacon, so I look on my adv. sat to find the Pirate Guild Mobile HQ (the command Galleon from the Pirate Guild mod) sitting by the West Gate, with no fighter cover! So I quickly jump down there, send him a few blobs of orange death from my Tiger and the Argon Government decide to pay me 5mill just for doing so! Super Bonus!! I'm now sitting on a float of 90 mill so I might splash out on a nice new Battle-cruiser...

Speaking of M2's; Alpha, Kirlack, which one is your fave? Or 2 if you can't decide!

I will be the one to take you down!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't know a lot about M1's (Or smaller carriers), but as far as I'm concerned, for M2 read Boreas!!!!

I am an Alien!
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

:sad Unfortunately this awful destroyer is not available but at least we can use its picture as a loadscr, this ship would be my best flagship, the Valhalla you know:

Picture

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Actually it's the Valhalla I don't know, awesome picture, scarey beast!

I am an Alien!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Awesome pic!! Can I steals?
Bit of analysis; is that from a mod? Because those PSP's are a hell of a lot higher ROF than normal! And those lens flares and the additional trails make that Valhalla (and the whole shot) look even more awesome!! Did you take this?

By the way, to adjust what I said earlier, the Valhalla (and the Woden!) are actually in the TC game files, complete with default wares when spawned in, voiced descriptions and voiced names (by the on-board computer) so it looks like they were originally supposed to be implemented; but there is NO way of obtaining either in normal Vanilla. I know of a couple of mods, the best being the TRP (Terran Revitalization Project) that can add in a load of missing stations to help balance the Terran's economy, but also adds all of the ATF ships to be purchased at The Moon shipyard, the Valhalla costing a cool 212mill! If you don't mind going ***Modified***, that's the ticket for you!

I will be the one to take you down!
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, honestly I didn't take this picture myself, I was just looking for some pictures as loadscreens and I came across this one among others, see below.

As for mods, well I've already played X3AP vanilla and XRM and now I'm playing X3TC vanilla all over again. I honestly don't prefer any mods and I really hope the upcoming X Rebirth to be complete and not need any mods just like many other pc games, don't you agree? Smile

OK, another wonderful picture (click the image to enlarge), I'm not sure how its made:

Picture

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok so I am getting my ships together little at a time for my fleet and it is really nice to be able to take out these missions easier now with my fleet instead of just myself...I have a problem that I have found...hope you know how to stop this from happening....what do you do when you are attacking a pirate and they want to eject and give up the ship but your turrets or other npc ship keeps attacking? Is there a setting that can detect this and stop the attack? I would very much use a mod as I would see this as coming across open radio for all to hear.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart, Simply press the pause button once you have detected that the pirate wants to eject, this should skip the radio dialog, it works for me. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Unfortunately this awful destroyer is not available but at least we can use its picture as a loadscr, this ship would be my best flagship, the Valhalla you know:
- Raptor

Funny how a few lens-flares and engine effects makes so much of difference. Shame ego didnt add them to start with, although do think those lens-effects on the engines are a little too wide.

what do you do when you are attacking a pirate and they want to eject and give up the ship but your turrets or other npc ship keeps attacking?
- redheart

Is the ship being attacked after the pilot bails? as for turrets, I normally turn them off when trying to get a pilot to bail.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Speaking of M2's; Alpha, Kirlack, which one is your fave? Or 2 if you can't decide!
- RandomTank

I'm a Brigantine man Smile Whilst not as fast as the Boreas, the Brig has higher cargo capacity (and I do love lobbing missiles at all and sundry :P ), and I love the turret lay out. The Akuma is another great choice Big grin

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Its like your attacking pirates from a corvette or frigate and the pirate starts to beg for his/her life and your turrets don't stop or your npc ships don't stop they just blow it up. That is what I have to figure out if there is a way to stop them from continuing the attack as I know I have lost three ships to that so far today. And now I also need to figure out how to stop the CLS re-fueler from entering into a battle zone lol....

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Turrets will automatically stop firing once the ship bails, but there's nothing you can do about shots in the air Cry That's one reason I like to do my 'serious' capping in a fighter Smile And to keep a CLS ship out of the combat zone, you have two options: either remove Fight Command Softwares from the ship, or change the 'minimum transfer amount on delivery' to ~80-90% If you go with the latter, and your CLS ship is set to top you up to 1000 cells, he'll only jump in if he can transfer 800 or more, so you can plan your jumps and he'll only show up in 'safe' sectors Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

All of a sudden it now seems that my CLS ships are stopping like they have completed the task. They even send me a notice that they are done, but they should be running the waypoints on a loop shouldn't they? Weird...

And uh...WOW...I just found out that ...well it is a spoiler and I dont know how to put it in the post with the spoiler tag...but...I am now at the point of getting the teladianium for the hub quest...the amount after you set the first gate....well...anyway

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Kirlack, I've read "The first mission" of your "Merchant Bounty Hunter" so far, very nice and funny enterprise. Big grin

@redheart, let me guess, you found a huge amount of Nividium somewhere? Wink And for the teladianum for the hub, well I would build some teladianum factories in teladi space (4 or 5 Large, L, factories would be enough I think).

@RandomTank, I don't want to lose any terran station as they are getting lost (bug) the more I explore the sectors, you have suggested the TRP (Terran Revitalization Project) thanks but for some reasons I don't want to use any mods, the only vanilla way, a trick I know about, is to buy a fleet of unequipped cheap ships (60 M5 Rapiers!, ~2.5 M Cr) and dock each one of them each at a different terran station, I know it sounds a bit crazy but do you have a better idea, please? Smile

@AlphanInfidel, how is the game going, what fleet do you have now? Big grin

@Roguey, for the picture of the Valhalla above, well the effects add even more beauty to the ship yes but I mean the size does matter especially when it comes to an ATF or a Terraformer Flag/CPU ship like the Valhalla and #deca Eek Wink

And you may like to take a look at the Ship Size Comparison if you haven't already seen it: the front, the side and the top views, the orginal link here.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.