Command Ships

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Command Ships

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Raptor- Well no, nothing minable inside the hub..I dont want to say as it would spoil the plot but...I love it...lol. As for the missing terran stations, I have tired not to use any big mods either, I have the TRP- Operation Loki mod that tricks the GOD system into not deleting the terran stations and as far as I can tell, I have not lost one yet.

Now I want to figure out why my stupid CLS pilots are not looping the waypoints....and how would I be able to see the logs of the pilots? I turned them on so they are logging flights but I am not sure how to see them...anyone?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Kirlack I like the Brigantine, I just wish it had 10 guns on each side, as it is designed as a broadside ship, so should be better at it than most other M2's, though you're a pirate at heart anyway, so you wouldn't mind either way! Good idea with the CLS, simple way of restoring energy quickly without jumping back to base

@Redheart Yeah, I agree with Kirlack, capping fighters is much easier in a fighter, especially a nice heavy shielded one that can take PRG's or better, PBE's; they are the best capping weapons! I don't know why CLS traders do that, you'll have to wait to see what Kirlack says.... Ooo, and don't worry about all that Teladianium for the Hub plot, it gets worse..... Big grin

@Raptor Yeah, it's perfectly understandable not wanting mods, sometimes I do it vanilla. Apart from using your technique or using the Op. Loki script, I don't know of another way of stopping GOD stealing stations, sorry! :p
Also, thanks for sharing those size comp. links, the're awesome! Did not realise how big a bloody Phoenix is!! And how small the Condor is compared to it! And look how weedy the Khaak Capitols are!

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Kirlack I like the Brigantine, I just wish it had 10 guns on each side, as it is designed as a broadside ship, so should be better at it than most other M2's, though you're a pirate at heart anyway...
- RandomTank

Damn right I'm a pirate at heart! Big grin I'm actually having a really hard time in the com-save not pirating everything I see! Big grin

@redheart: I'm not sure what your CLS pilots are up to mate, can you post a screenie of their waypoints? I'll try to figure it out from there Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack as soon as they start doing it again...sigh...it may have just been some bugs...if the stations didn't have money then that would mean they wouldn't get paid which would cause them to stop but wouldn't they send me message saying they are not getting paid? I had a Khack fleet come through and killed off some of my outbound traders so that is why they had loss of money. I am now making sure that all stations have at least 500K on hand at all times. Money is now not much a problem, I am making good money and I am getting fast at doing the construction missions.

20 marines are trained and ready for the first boarding operation...I need to begin looking for a ship that is not well defended inside as to lessen the casualty rate. I also want to get another TP and start training replacements. So...now begins the hunt for the Cobra....

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Raptor. Thanks for the link to ship sizes etc., that's a real eye opener! It also reminds me how difficult it was to get the scale of things into my brain when I first bought X2 and tried unsucessfully to land my little 'disco' on what I thought was a station..... that then flew away!:lol

Edit @Raptor In AP Having recurring buggy problems but :- Aran, 2 Boreas, M7M Cobra, M7 Aegir & 2Astreus Hauler, M8 3Auster Hauler & Claymore, M6 Centaur, 2 Skiron, Vidar (Player ship), 4 Mammoth & Albatross & Mobile Mining Base, 4 Hermes & Express & Ocelot, 3 Zephyrus & 2 Magnetar (Full of Aamon Prototype and #deca.cefa) 27 Mistral Super Freighter + Assorted freighters and fighters that the pilots bailed from. 57 marines training, 118 idle.

I am an Alien!
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I'm glad it helped. Smile

It also reminds me how difficult it was to get the scale of things into my brain when I first bought X2 and tried unsucessfully to land my little 'disco' on what I thought was a station..... that then flew away! LOL

Did you know that some capital ships can dock TS/TP/TM transporters and even M6 corvettes and M8 bombers? give me example(s). Smile

@redheart, good luck hunting the cobra Smile but watch out the flails and hammers Wink

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Raptor You're asking right? Well in TC there is only 3 ships that can carry TS's and the rest, and they are: The Goner Ozias, The Valhalla and the Aran. The Ozias can carry up to 12 TS's, but apparently it can't carry any M class ships (like an M4 for example), and it is not availible in vanilla. The Valhalla can carry 10 TS's, M8's or M6's, and also 50 normal fighters, but is also not availible in vanilla. The Aran can carry 29 of any ship from M5 to M6, as well as TS's and the rest; it can also carry 1 Capitol ship, including another Aran! It is also the only one of the three to availible in Vanilla TC, but it's a pain in the bum!

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I know there are several capital ships in X3AP that can carry more than just fighters, but I wanted to confirm what exactly are they (those capital ships) in X3TC, and it seems like you said, RandomTank, thanks for the precise/detailed information.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well Raptor, I really try not to cheat but I find that the Terrans have an excellent cloning process so that will really help I am sure lol. It still gets me in the craw how I lost my last FREE Cobra....sigh....stupid...I should have hit the cloning facility (save game) after I claimed that thing...oh well....

OMG, why is it SO hard to find pirates? I even flew to a few of the pirate stations and though they were not red to me, there were NONE flying around. How do you all find the pirate ships that you need to train the marines in fighting? And I thought I asked this before but what weapons do you use to kill the ships guns and firewall and such? I thought it was Ion Disruptor but I cant use that on the tiger or dragon or corvette or lol....

Ok so I am thinking I may want to make nice with the Yaki. If I place a station in Yaki space, wont they attack it? They are red to me and attack me on sight. I would need to run traders to the station to keep it stocked unless I turn it into a self sufficient station, just want to know if they would attack the station or not.

Also, Nvidium mines....I have come across a few asteroids with Nvidium but the percentage is just unbearably low. Im talking 7% being the highest so far. What do you consider to be high for Nvidium? Is it worth planting a mine on these low things?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It's not that hard to find Pirates! Just keep looking around the Loomankstrat's area and the Gaian Star area. If you are really struggling, just get the Pirate Guild Mod and set the amount of ships the Pirates build to 'Insane'; you'll definitely find some after that!
You can only use Ion Disruptors on certain ships, so you would have to have one with you to switch into and destroy the target ship's components; a great ship that can mount a lot of ID's is the Heavy Centaur or Heavy Centaur Prototype (HCP).
Before you start putting stations in Yaki space, you need increase your rep with them enough that you can enter the Core Yaki sector, Weaver's Tempest, without being shot on sight. You can do this by doing Convoy assassination missions from random Yaki fighters in border sectors and such. If you don't do this, yes, they will attack your stations!
Nvidium Roids can only be destroyed and you collect the debris with a XL cargo bay ship; there are no purchasable Nvidium Mines in Vanilla X! And for when destroying roids, you get a lot of material on lower yields, but more on higher yields; you can about 200-300 Nvidium (I think) from a Yield 3 roid; so yes, 7 is quite a lot. Highest I've seen was 40, but that was buried in a Xenon sector!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you RandomTank for answering my questions. I never knew you could destroy the asteroids that had percentages. I am still looking for the cobra and putting abandoned pirate ships at all of the military bases to act as spy ships. So hopefully I will be able to locate one sooner or later.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

In addition to what RandomTank said,

for the Yaki, if you don't want assassination missions from the Yaki, there is another option which is to do/accept missions from the Yaki Shipyard, a taxi mission for example. Smile

for high yield Nividium asteroids, there is a big 25-yield one in the fourth unknown sector (the last one) in the far side of the sol system, but save it to be the biggest Nividium Mining Operation, and its a safe place by the way.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Roguey, while the 'cloning' spoiler is a cheat, it can be very useful for equipping the #deca (if I have one) with 32 GKEs saving much time and effort, right? is it true I can clone the GKEs once I have just one? please help. Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well Raptor that is the problem. I cant make it into Yaki space in order to take a mission as the Yaki hate me lol. I thought that they were like an enemy in the beginning of the game so I killed them often. Now I am suffering for my lack of understanding BUT I have to say I am LOVING this game. I have not had to think and plan strategically on a game like this since I played SWG pre-cu.

RandomTank, I have the pirate guild mod already installed, I thought it would be nicer to have organized pirates then none but I have not come across any of them nor do I know how to adjust the settings. I am going to take a look at the mod page again and see if I installed it correctly.

Never mind, I just found out how to turn it on. Now lets see if I see more pirates, but do I want to make friends or hostile? I will let them pick first...attack my traders and they die.;)

Edit- OMG!! I "obtained" another Tiger by way of abandoned quest, and the damn Teladi police will not stop hounding my traders. I have sent the ship across xenon sector more then once but it seems that they are not going after the stolen ship but against any and all of my ships. It is getting me upset now...

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

There will still be the odd random Yaki offering work in either race controlled territory or in pirate systems. A few of those should get you more or less back on even standing with the Yaki, then you can head into Senator's Badlands to see how willing they are to offer you other work Smile

Pirate Guild is an amazing mod Big grin Be warned though, if you set them up to be able to attack stations and then fall out with them, your complexes across the universe will be at serious risk! :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.