Rebirth Designed for xbox360???

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Rebirth Designed for xbox360???

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi All,

not sure if you have already had this discussion, or if there is any truth behind it as it all seems far too technical for me to understand.

A friend of mine sent me a link to a thread which, from what I can tell, is set out to proove that this game was never intended for the PC but was built for the Xbox360, some of the reasons for this go on to say that the low res graphics and controller issues are proof.

There is a picture of a file with "xbox360" written all the way through it, whether that has been faked or not I don't know.

Here is the link for the thread, it is on ego's forum
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349638

Can anyone tell me if there is any weight behind this thread being true?

Regards All
Mav

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, the only people to 100% confirm or deny it are egosoft, but it is pretty clear that the xbox did have some influence on the design of the game. As you said, the shader files are littered with xbox360 tags.

This is kind-of old news to be honest, as i made a post awhile back here - although at the time I was a bit frustrated, and so was a bit upset when I learnt about it all.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Roguey, I never saw that post, but just had a read through, and you have a link on there to the same page I linked to....

I had heard rumours of it possibly being made for consoles but hadn't seen anything relating to it until a friend of mine passed on the link to me. I didn't get the game when it was first released because it was bought for a present so I had to wait til Christmas, and it was still in a mess even then.

Anyway, sorry for posting something that is old news... but it was new to me... lol

Thanks for the info Roguey, much appreciated
Regards

P.S.
I'm busy enjoying X3TC, not started on AP yet but had a quick look.... thanks again for the info on that.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

No problem. I was testing the game for 3/4 months and never really looked into the shader files. So you could say I was a bit slow at noticing it too. Although I was more concerned about testing, and building a resource to be honest.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

It isn't just the shader files, but also UI files, XML file structure of saves identical to what is required for an Xbox save and the XNA framework (what you use if you want a cross-platform application).

There have also been some that have looked into the compiled code and found further evidence, but I assume they are waiting for the DevKit SDK before they come out (Egosoft has some strange wording in their EULA about looking into game files I guess).

Might not have been an Xbox port to PC... but it wasn't designed for a PC only that is for sure.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Might not have been an Xbox port to PC... but it wasn't designed for a PC only that is for sure.
- BarrenEarth

Never a more truthful thing said. Even Egosoft had pretty much admitted this. The entire game was designed casually, so that after they've hooked the Call of Duty space players they could directly port to console.

Console code
Console controls
Console 32 bit requirements
Console gameplay

You need to log-in to post here.