The future of the x-sites..

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The future of the x-sites..

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

To expand on Roguey's wisdom i would say that v2.0 is what the Beta testers should have gotten to work with 6 months before release.

This is a joke of an update to make an announcement and sale just because they added some crap and ignored to fix a long list of problems.

This game will take another 1 year to get to release quality at the rate they are going.

stevethompson

stevethompson avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Banned
Posted 9 years ago.

okay, but modder isnt the correct term for me, as I dont just change things. Maybe its a syntax thing, but still doesnt sound right to me.
- Roguey

How about "the single most important community member of the X-Universe" or the second coming or the man who single-handed is responsible for the success of X3? Does that sound about right to you? Yes, probably so. How dare everyone doesn't want to roll out the red carpet whenever you appear! How can people be so blind as to not recognize your glorious magnificence Roll eyes

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I know you are banned now, just wanted you to read the credits of the game you so undeservedly love. Yeah, Roguey... thought you might see that name.

Also he was instrumental in the expansions of X3.

Oh, and because Egosoft can't write a proper tutorial or manual to save their company, Roguey was the only source of reliable information for years.

Thanks

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 9 years ago.

I am not a modeller or even on the same plain as you guys but I have been interested in the XUniverse since it first hit the high streets. But the help and advise I have had from Roguey and the rest of the guys on his forum site has been fantastic. At 72 years of age it has been educational reading what these fellow enthusiasts had to say. Ego soft appear not to want to help fellows such as I. I together with the family, Grand children and friends, enjoyed Roguey's forums and his personal help. All 14 of us, the old mans group, are sorry to see you end such association, we have not purchased the X Rebith nor will we support Egosoft's further in any way.
Once again thank you Roguey for the years of deidcation to the likes of we few. My youngest grandson says

"I am sorry that you not be able to help me any more but I love you for helping me and grandpa, even if he is old"

For myself this is the end of an era and sorry to see it end this way.

Egosoft have an EGO far too large to take care of the guy in the high street.

Regards THE OLD MAN Sad

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Stevethompson wouldn't happen to be Ketraar would he? Sore his little butt got told off? Just wondering. He seems to think he knows a lot about Roguey and he appeared from the woodworks...

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I know the 2.1 is better than release. I agree with Roguey 100% that 2.1 should have been 1.0 and it is what we should have got when we first bought the game.

The sour taste of this game is so strong, that even if they magically made 3.0 a 10x better experience I would probably still not play it. But even now, the game still lacks what made X games good.

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 9 years ago.

I haven't been to this site in ages. I only came back today, because i needed some help with what appears to be a bug in X2 (which after i write this, i will post in the X2 section, any help would be appreciated) but in my opinion, X rebirth was, and still is a disaster. Although i don't think that this site will only cease to exist if one of four criteria are met.
1. Space games become non existent, no more games = no more content needs adding
2. Everyone that's a common user, and doesn't disapear for months, leaves. What is the point of maintaining a website if no one is going to use it.
3. Rouguey dies. I don't mean to sound morbid, but nobody can live forever. (Maybe you can do something to try to live forever, which involves some plan that's only thought of in cheesy science fiction.)
4. Rouguey gets bored of maintaining this site.
Despite X Rebirth being a huge disappointment, there seems to be a few more space sims coming our way, and this community, although centred on the X games, would still be fine to exist revolving around space games in general. It may not be the X games, but a future nonetheless.
I also want to thank Rouguey, without your site, I probably would have given up where others would have. I had absolutely no idea on what to do in any of the games without reading your site. I only managed to figure out the controls without anything else. Rouguey, thank you so much for letting me get into the series, even though it has gone off a cliff as of late. Thank you so much, I owe you one.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
« 1 2 3

You need to log-in to post here.