Your wish list on Rebirth

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Your wish list on Rebirth

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

It says .5gb (point 5 or 0.5)

With the sector thing, the trailor says something about a supernova changing everything, maybe it has wiped out loads of sectors. Ego should be smart enough not to go over-board, people will not buy the game if you need loads of RAM, I know I for example will be playing the game with all the quality settings on low :P

I think PS3 and XBOX graphics are a lot lower than a pc, in a pc you can put as much god damn ram in as long as you don't screw your mother board. But with a PS3 or XBOX you get what you given!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

oh sorry there m8, I didnt see the point. D'oh!

I agree, if they make it require too much ram then its going to alienate too many people. ie. 12Gb minimum. I think its going to require probably be 3 or 4gb but I still think thats a lot... ie. not optimized enough. I know the PS3/XBOX graphics can be lower, but consider what limitations they have work with they do a good job.

Another issue with using tons of memory will be load-time. The normal hard disc drives transfers around 60mb/second. So to fill up 4Gb of ram is going to take a minute or more. A whole minute of waiting will start to get annoying as well... especially for new players where its very easy to die (ie. you havnt got the 'big' shields).

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

What would be good, would be demo, that would allow us to see what the gameplay is like.

As long as Ego keep there fingers off the O.T.T button we should be fine, if it does go over the top I will probably stick with X3 (my favourite) Talking of X3 I have added another screen shot to my thread of them.
http://forum.roguey.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=145&p=2

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

guess we got to wait and see unfortunately, since the trailer release ego havnt really said much else about rebirth. I wonder when ego will post more.. maybe 28th?

ps. post reply on other thread.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Why would you think 28th?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Its when egosoft have a stand at FedCon XX 2011 for 15 minutes. On the programme is states: In-game preview. So gather there be some more information then.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

"It gets fast: Fun and fast travel with new transportation systems
It gets big: The most detailed X universe ever
Endless room for exploration".

micro warp drives perhaps?
bigger universe? more sectors or maybe doing away with, or revamping the sector system?

I CANT WAIT!!!

Picture
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

One of the things I think would be most interesting is multiplayer support. Not in the MMO way, but rather how freelancer had it. With player-setup servers running a universe, and players being able to install/use the mods they want on those servers.

This would be awesome if done properly, but I'd rather not have it at all otherwise :P

Burn rubber, not your soul!
EliteM3

EliteM3 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@Roguey: I have to notice you that this picture from X-Rebirth what you posted on this topic, reminds me on one game ^^

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi Larossentinel, I not too sure what you meant. I guess you were talking about the picture with all the asteroids?

Anaraavi

Anaraavi avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 years ago.

I am hoping that it will be a procedural Universe, ie continualy expands as one explores further. In theory not a problem in terms of the other races also, as they could and would expand also throughout ones game-life.

"two people alone against the galaxy" points to a procedural game, in that the Galaxy is mentioned rather than a finite group of sectors.

If this indeed is the case then this would be excellent, as I am a great fan of sandbox(y) openworld(ish) games. It would game the game a real feel of exploration. (may well become samey samey over time, but still I like the idea of continued expansion)

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

continual exploration sounds like a great idea. we could set up our empires and still have space to explore.

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi Anaraavi welcome to site/forum,

hmm.. im not sure about continual exploration, if it just spammed the universe with countless sectors, then wouldnt each one be rather pointless? I dont know about you, but often found many sectors in TC becoming rather boring.. simply too many without a real purpose / anything unique to them. Maybe the sectors them self should be continual? what do you think?

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

what do you mean? no more gates? i think the'll have toa's instead as ive heard stuff about gates being shut down (might be from x3tc i dont know as i dont do the campaign mode).

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

oh, I meant to keep the jumps but to have continual exploration whilst exploring sectors. Maybe you could find another gate, so you can adventure into a different parts of the sector. This would mean that sectors wouldnt have the 4 basic gates.

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.