The female companion..

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The female companion..

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I wonder if anyone like to guess who this 'unlikely' female companion will be. I thinking betty, the on-board computer. I guess ego could of gone for a young blonde, although isnt this too likely?.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

It have to be our sexbot, our robot-companion to bring out of the closet to help pass time when the Singularite Engine Time Accelerator is broken..
Just kidding.. Had a long run to a equipment dock earlier tpday.. :P

Seriously, I don't think it will be a damsel in distress tagging along.
I specualte that the female companion is mainly there for story-purpose, and someone we can assign to help run our stations, i.e. perhaps change prices depending on demand, like the computer-stations, and be our main contact to make life easier for us while we are out piloting and wrecking havok. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hehe, your probably right. I cant see them 'using' the character outside the plot (unless its something like betty).

It does suck when you dont have SETA installed... I think it should be installed by default... Its only a few credits, yet makes a big difference. Probably the most!

escobatt

escobatt avatar
Level badge (3)
Posted 13 years ago.

maybe i missed the timeline for rebirth, but that pirate chick that helps julian brennan out is my guess

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hmm... do you mean Miria Marani?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

It's obvious, it's going to be that chick who's mother is in TerraCorp... dang for got her name.
She was like a threesome with Bret and Julian.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

threesome? are you playing the same game? :P

oooh, you mean Elena Kho? cant see it being her, she has never left TerraCorp HQ?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Not Elena, her daughter, I think is begins with S.

and the threesome thing, in X2, Julian, Bret and Siya? (i think that's the name)
they went everywhere together!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Saya Kno? been there, got the t-shirt. Would be a little predictable if they picked her... again.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

Saya...in that dress from X2 *droll*....
Since they said they left a serious timeframe between all TC and Rebirth, I'm pretty sure we don't get either of the old characters.
My guess: Betty!
Why? She's an android, and AI, much more inteligent (think Andromeda -> Romi), and now she has her own body, not just that ship.
This would make sense in my world.

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Mrs.Data? hmmm.. It does seem an obvious choice, it would be nice it was someone unexpected, like Boron or something.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Lets just forget about Julian's past girlfriends.... right the only hint of JB in TC was the Exterminator guy talking about him. So I doubt he will be in this one. Although it is not long after X3 that TC took place. In my book here it says;

X BTF: 2912
X-Tension: 2913
X2- The Threat: 2934
X3 Reunion: 2935
X3 Terran Conflict: 2938

X Rebirth ???

TC was close to R so my guess is that Rebirth is way in the future 2960-70 or even up to 3000. I don't think any of the past people will be in it.

ultraviolet

ultraviolet avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

wheee, 1st post =)

i hope for a Split renegade...not happening but it doesn't prevent me from wishing

http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/gfx/22_concept_split_female.jpg

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi ultraviolet, a big welcome to the site! Hopefully ure be around til your 1000's post :P

that could be an interesting idea, although ill thought a female split would have bumper skin - sort-of a warrior like, like the male (maybe those are just painted on lines?):

PicturePicture

However it would be great to actually see more of the races. As only get to see just a handful of different head-shots (mostly male).

ultraviolet

ultraviolet avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

thanks for the lovely welcome =)

the original pictures are just that, low-res - so IMO artists are free to speculate. One could rationalise that as millions of things - tattoos, scarification, natural or artificial human aesthetic subdermal implant lookalikes, alien skin texture, you name it....

Then i really like the 'X races up close' art from the place i linked. Mostly because i love detail. But yes I'd be disappointed with the more anatomically similarish humanoids, i.e. Terran, Argon and Split having a cheap Hollywood idea of 'hawt&sexxy'.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

np about the welcome, always nice to see another person on the site Smile

I know what you mean about humanoid looking aliens - some sci-fi's/games do really cheap on imagination. Simply painting your face green or putting a funny looking hat on isnt very alien looking. I agree also on Hollywood female aliens are usually human sexy not alien sexy. For example, Alien creatures may see beauty in other areas than us humans.

Hopefully egosoft plan to let us see more of the alien creatures and if they do, they arent your common humanoid alien once again.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.