Rebirth deal breakers

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Rebirth deal breakers

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Is there anything which would kill Rebirth for you? ie. confusing story-line, too complex, slow performance, etc.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

Interesting question that. My first reaction is no. Nothing can kill it. Then when I consider what EA did to westwoods creation I think otherwise. If they made it too cheap and tacky, just fly round a kill stuff. I can't see it happening so I'm not worried.

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hehe, makes you think eh?

EA did kill the C&C games, although Rebirth is being done by the same people.

myself, I hate it to be based all on combat (requiring lighting reflects all the time), with tons of bullets everywhere.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I'm buying the parts for my new pc over the coming days, going for an i7 with tons of ram and a 1gb gfx card. Lots of bullets I don't mind as long as they optimise it!

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I will probably do the same, although im waiting for a bit - X Rebirth isnt due until the end of the year. I was thinking on the I7 route myself with 24Gb ram - might as well fill it with as much as you can, seems to be important in later life of the pc.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

found this guys and maybe something is lost in translation, i hope so. looks like we cant fly capital ships anymore? i cant believe he thinks people dont enjoy flying caps. my primary ship is a Colossus. love the thing.

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I did see something like that on a interview awhile back. Hopefully that's not the case, although ego havnt released any-more info since.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave Banana hi

Yeah, I'm still here, Roguey supporter... :p (I hide in the background for the most part, just keeping an eye on the forum & commenting if something catches my eye, like this thread.... Roll eyes)

From what I've read on the ES (egosoft) forum, Bernd has stated that you can still buy/use Cap ships, just that they're done away with the "do-all" cockpit.. IE: fly/fight from the one seat as it were like you do in a fighter....

In other words, you can still have your cap ships, but from my understanding, you can't both fly the ship & use the guns at the same time from the same cockpit, which I suspect means either A) you have a complete bridge crew or B) you can still control/fly your ship from your bridge seat/cockpit but will need to move to a different seat/cockpit to fire/use the guns.... Like I said, that's MY understanding of it from what I've read, which may or may not be entirely accurate, but what is accurate is the fact you can still have/use cap ships in Rebirth fan, just not using it in the same way as you currently do in TC.....

Oh yeah, one other thing I happened to notice in the latest newsletter, is that fact that there will be ship sub-systems, which hopefully means we can shoot out the other guy's engines/shield emitters/weapons/etc.... Alien Dance 1

HTH,

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

The one thing that would annoy me is if they removed Script Editor :P or something like that.

Another thing would be not using Earth. They should follow on the story from X3TC

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Egosoft have said that modding the game is important, but wont be their focus to start with - which is understandable. So I doubt rebirth will be less moddable (if that's even a word Smile ).

Its nice to see your still around nova, although why are you lurking in the back? :P someone hasnt farted?? have they?? you always welcomed here.

Well my understanding with capital ships is that you wont be able to control them, just give them orders. If this is the cas then not sure if this is good or bad thing. Personally I dislike controlling capital ships, but I know many people do like capital ships. For me capital ships seem like a giant targets.. I like fighters. Maybe this will also change in rebirth.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

I made my way through the german and english posts, and to me it sounds like, we'll get MUCH more interaction with the universe. I don't think they'll actually drop BEING on a Capital ship, but rather will have us "commandering" it.
Also, it seems we will hire pilots (level based AI? nice!), Station Managers (finally!), and if I seem to be right Ship crews.
The Station managers, and station personel have been mentioned in the "deleted scenes from interview" by bernd himself. So this is something I'm sure about. And while they are at it, the rest is kinda natural for me.

Personally I dislike the capitals as they are now. 1 AI piloting it, no interaction, it doesn't mean anything that your fighters are assigned to a Capital (M1), they act as if it isn't their home. I think most of the changes proposed will give the game a lot more depth.
Also not flying your capitals on your own means being able to actually coordinate your other forces, which is far more important once you have > 50 ships in a battle.

Another thing. While they did say that we won't need to land on stations to buy wares etc. it was also said, that we will get out of the ship, to hire crews etc. I'm thinking of some click and point movement system around stations or something like that. In any case that means station docking will be present!
Also, they said that we'll get missions by exiting the ship, sounds like some form of the BBS board will be there, which is nice! Big grin

All in all, so far it seems they are doing a great job.

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

it all sounds interesting eh? it differently seems that the focus is on relationships with people than just shooting way. Hopefully this would make for a great game.

Im with you with the caps - im not much of fan of them atm either. I remmeber in X2 when I got a Titan and I saw no-one else on the bridge. It felt I was on a ghost ship Cry

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

One main problem is though, if Ego make it too involved with the 'Bridge crew' which disracts people away from the actual missions.

Talking of Bridge crew. This is my idea of it;

M6/M8 - Player and one bridge crew. Stations are Helm and Weapons.

M7: Player and two bridge crew. Stations are. Command, Helm and Weapons.

M1/2/TL Player and four bridge crew. Stations are Command, Helm, Weapons, Damage control, power distribution.

The power distribution is an idea of mine, you can divert power through four different systems.
Engines - More power more speed
Weapons - More power more damage
Shields - More power more strength
Hull integrity - More power = less damage taken to the hull.

Also when power is diverted repair times are quicker for that section, (if sub-system is used on the ship) this is where damage control comes into it.

----

ultraviolet

ultraviolet avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

positively nothing could kill it for me, given it's the same people making it. making it a shooter would still have me interested, just not as much as X3. and hello, it has full modding support, so at the very unimaginably disastrously worst - player conversions will be playable. making in multiplayer-oriented is out of question by Ego's own statement. so the only things that could screw the prospects could be cloud s*** (i'm not Western and don't live in a metropolis either) which again is clearly not the case - or zombie apocalypse Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes I agree, its a shame about MP although it would be great if there was a community board or something to join the community together. Maybe auctions or something?

as for (cloud *) - did you mean sector fog?

ultraviolet

ultraviolet avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

nah, meant as in cloud computing/reliance on web connection.

And as for MP - much as i'd like to add a friend or two to enjoy building things and exploring together (like ages ago i had a private modded freeform Freelancer server just for that), i don't care about an X MMO ie. EVE-with-shooter-type-combat. Emphasis and development centered on that on that would inevitably take development hours away from the Elite aspect and could easily ruin singleplayer.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.