Are you planning on buying Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Are you planning on buying Rebirth?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I am wondering how many of you guys are planning on buying Rebirth straight away, after a little amount of time, or not at all.. This gives me a chance to make a new poll Smile

ktide

ktide avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Voted!

I'll buy after a wille, see if that game isn't a bug infested hive first :p

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Very true, ego havnt exactly got a great history with bug free releases, and im guessing the complexity of the game will be more. So higher chance of bugs. However maybe ego have managed to get more stable release this time?

So far ego hasnt done a great job of marking: 2 maybes and 1 after awhile - hardly great for a new game. Egosoft lack of marking is terrible - if its something to do with Deep silver then ego needs to sort it out. Isn't the game supposed to be out soon?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

I shall be getting the game the week it comes out.

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh yea of little faith!

I have been so far behind the 8ball on all the X games so far I am really going to get this one asap. Even if I am pulling space flies off my argnu!!

Can't be that bad. . . . . Could it???????? Eek

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ego seam to be putting a lot of effort into Rebirth. Lets hope some of the drastic decisions dont ruin the game.

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm with ktide on this one.. I usually wait a while and let em get the first big patch out =)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I usually wait a while and let em get the first big patch out =)
- mechm0343

To be fair, ego have been cutting down on the bugs on new releases. I mean X3 had some really big bugs (like the HUD taking 50% of the processor), to X3AP which was actually not too bad (okay there was a few). So hopefully ego are on-top of things now.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

To be honest, I don't really care if a game is released with bugs, on the proviso that they will be patched. Many distributors don't bother with fixing their bugs, but ES if very good with that. If the X games were released only when they were completely bug free, they would just be released a lot later. If you factor in all the feedback and support that ES gets in bug spotting and fixing, I expect that this way we actually get the bug free version this way. On those conditions, it's just like an open beta version. People usually queue to be parts of those, so I don't see why anyone has any cause to complain.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

I voted: Maybe...

In my case, it's simply down to the retail pricing & availability, especially if you happen to live in a small regional city like I do & not one of the major capitol cities.... Roll eyes (My state capitol is a 4-5hr drive from where I live, so in other words practically half a days drive away.. For those of you wondering, I live in Australia & we're a big country with a small population {20 odd million people} so there's lots of space between cities.. ROFL)

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

defo buying it off the bat... bug infested or not. i do think we might get a surprise with Rebirth though... they have been taking their time and not rushing the release, plus with the whole STEAM issue thats went on and on and on and on (repeat indefinatly) i think they will want a more polished game in order to appeal to the wider audience on Steam. and if it comes out bug infeted it could create issues with the continued success on the client.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

At first I wasn't sure about it. But now after checking out the screenshots i'm starting to come around. Looks pretty epic but I'll reserve my decision until its released to check out what others think about it and hopefully they will release a demo.

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im going to as soon as I can. I love the series

Picture
rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Normally I would say immediately. After going through Steam for AP though, I've changed my mind to wait until I can get a box.

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Looks like I've already answered this one in January.

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."

You need to log-in to post here.