Design your own... Pride of Albion (Albion Skunk)

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Design your own... Pride of Albion (Albion Skunk)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I wonder if anyone out there would like to draw their own Pride of Albion (Albion Skunk).. ie. how they would like it to be. Bare in-mind the Albion Skunk will be M6 class, so not a massive capital or little fighter.

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Found this lego one browsing around and it took my eye for how I'd imagine it. Not for the weapon layout but more the feel of the design. I mean come on, if we are stuck in one damn ship it may as well have toys internally to play with lol.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/6042

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thats great for being built out of Lego! That guy has obliviously put a lot of time and effort into it, huge amount of detail in there. When I used to play with Lego, Id never have enough of the same colour brick - so it would end up in multiple colours.

The only thing I feel, is the back part maybe slightly bigger scale than the forward section although the section could work well in Rebirth.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

It looks like something from the classic star wars. Not quite right for the X series :/

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

It looks like something from the classic star wars. Not quite right for the X series :/
- Seygantte

Oh, I don't know about that. I think it looks kinda Terran-ish, even if it does look a bit like the Prometheus/Daedalus from the Stargate franchise. I'd certainly like to see one in game Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

id agree it looks stargate ish... i think it looks like a cross between the BC-304 and Mallacore'sLantean Bomber concept.

if i had my choice id have the Skunk look a little like Steve Coolhand Tylers Akula ClassPicture

its rough, looks pretty fast and also fairly powerful for its size... its not too big that i dont think it would be a frigate but maybe more Hype sized.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oooh Alien Dance 1 CCD, that looks awesome! Reminds me of the X2 Centaur with some funky Terran looking tech bolted on Big grin Your link just takes me back to Roguey's main site though, is there some more info on that ship?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Big grin i forgot to add the link into the URL link

ive updated it again, if it doesnt work here it is again:
http://www.scifi3d.com/wip_details.asp?intGenreID=20&intCatID=45&key=128

he doesnt have anything like stats or anything but there are a few close ups of the details and so on. its a cracking ship...

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

if i had my choice id have the Skunk look a little like Steve Coolhand Tylers
- ConCorDian

If we can customize our ship, would that not be a hard design to change? everything seems very 'built-in'? So might be hard to swap modules physically? Reminds me of a Argon Centaur somewhat from X2 (mostly due to the front).

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

from whats been said the "customization" of the Skunk wont give much in the way of physical changes... but if you goto the link there are still weapon turrets, the engine units are fairly promenant these kinds of things could change, also the "wings" of that design are ment for launching ordinance from the images ive seen, these could possibly changed for different functions... end of the day i just really like the look of the ship, thats why id have it.

- Tennyson

You need to log-in to post here.