The cockpit, thoughts?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The cockpit, thoughts?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

So, people who don't like this cockpit, what do you suggest? when could it be okay? (if what?)

Too big? well it can't be much smaller while still being a cockpit!
Displays fewer info? yeah, I agree, it could better display more info.
Or what do you suggest? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think it is ugly... It is not that it is a cockpit... it is just an ugly. It is also using up too much room for arcade style displays, and I don't see a radar.

I don't think I am going to buy this game to be honest. There are just too many things that were changed, and too many ways it feels improvement over previous series is lacking.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think you can toggle display between map/individual ships info etc in the main display on the ship Raptor. In the one video it showed a map like system or something of the sort. Lots of different modes on the main display.

BarrenEarth you've been addicted to checking these forums just as much as I have. I'm not picking a fight, calling you a liar or anything of the sort, but I really can't see you not buying this game. That's like saying you're not going post on these or Egos forums anymore... It just isn't happening :p

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Lots of different modes on the main display.
- Fallent

Then very good. Smile

And BarrenEarth, I can tell you you're going to like X Rebirth if you already liked previous X games. Wink

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

I just hope that there will be option to switch off cockpit Smile
just like in x3ap - i dont use any cockpit and its ok for me.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

OK... I will buy the game if the station voices are hot sexy British accent... nothing less will do. LOL

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

For me I would like the option to select between male and female voices for the ship-board computer.

And as for cockpits, I don't use any in AP, but in Rebirth its a different story. Smile

And guys, about drones we may now don't like the idea of much drones but I have a feeling Wink we are going to like the idea once we are playing the game (if we played the game Wink). But I'm not sure about the 'one player ship' idea.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I am no longer allowed to post on the ES forums... apparently saying "Cheeseburger" was too much for Alan and after a series of heated PMs I was told to take a break.

I guess they never saw Madagascar 3, my kids love it and I love King Julian.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I have an account there but actually I don't use it often, personally I just prefer Roguey's forum. Smile

And you should keep it relatively nice here yeah? Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

@barren Oh, have you really been banned from the ES forums?

think you can toggle display between map/individual ships info etc in the main display on the ship

I guess the main display is the tv on the right (that normally shows shields/hull of something)? I havnt really seen it display anything else yet.

For such a big cockpit, there isnt really much on it - shield, current (missile / laser), large information panel and a squashed in speed bar (I guess no actual m/s). Also what happened to shields/hull? the panel on the left just says 100%!?

I just feel the space could be used better, the hud just mostly seams to block your view. I do hope its toggle-able.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you read French you can go to the ES french forums and apparently from what my limited translation skills tell me they are in full on revolt over the cockpit being ugly, cumbersome and non-functional.

They didn't "ban" me, just suggested I take a few weeks off... I actually think they might have a harder time banning people who are registered since the purchase of the game entitles you to use of the forums.

And of course I will be nice here, Roguey actually talks with us not talks DOWN TO us.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Barren, I do what I can here and there, although im just one person with the same info as you guys.

ps. do you have a link for that french forum thread? cheers.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I see new people popping into the Rebirth section of the Egosoft forums and saying "just wait until it's done", and "it takes as long as it takes" and quite frankly it pisses me off!

It's been like what... FIVE or SIX years since the last true X release? X:R was ment to be a 2011 release, then they made it into a 2012 release with a full year longs worth of guessing. Now we're entering into May 2013, you see people who had long forgotten about the game popping onto the forums, saying "just have patience" and it makes me so mad. I want to rip their spines out.

I've seen several people appear on the forums, wait, get vocal and complain with some sarcasm about the release, get banned, it's been a full cycle.

Egosoft just release the damn game. It's one flyable ship with an direct 9 game engine. What's the reason for the DELAY?

Well that's my rant over... I feel better.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I love the posts about how the graphics and videos are looking better with time. People on ES are cheering in excitement because of it.

Does anyone know what point in the development process the graphics get finished?! Yeah, they wouldn't be so happy if they knew just how far from completion this game is.

Also, they appear to be doing Alpha testing before graphics and rendering is complete... this game is going to be a buggy mess at release. Sad

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Lol Big grin

I normally don't get involved in these kinds of coversations. All too often one man's words can me misconstrued and all manner of flaming starts. That said...

@Fallnet & BarrenEarth: X-R will come out when it's ready :p Wink I jest of course. It's easy for me to take it light heartedly though, as I'm a die-hard TC fan. I haven't even taken a sniff at AP yet. Honestly I don't give a monkey's if/when Rebirth actually hits the shelves. If it doesn't it'll probably be the end of Ego. I can't see them having the finances to pour into another new game given how long they've been working on X-R.

.. this game is going to be a buggy mess at release.
- "BarrenEarth"

As was the TC 1.0 release. The subsequent patches have been a godsend Wink

Egosoft just release the damn game. It's one flyable ship with an direct 9 game engine. What's the reason for the DELAY?
- "Fallnet"

I almost hate to say it, and I'm not intending to wind you up, but it'll either come out when they're good and ready to release it...or not at all. As stated above I don't care which, but I'm guessing you'd rather see it eventually than not?

I'm not going to hazard guesses about why they're dragging their heels, and I do sympathize with you. If there was a new Fallout in the works and I was still waiting for release some 3+ years after the initial announcements, I'd be pissed off!

And that's probably about all I've got to say on the subject :p

*goes back to lurking*

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.