The cockpit, thoughts?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The cockpit, thoughts?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont blame you on your rant Fallent, many of us are wondering where the duck is the game. Years just go by.

I normally don't get involved in these kinds of coversations. All too often one man's words can me misconstrued and all manner of flaming starts. That said...

True, although so far its been constructive. We basically been saying what we feel, rather than attacking or having ago at someone/something. Although ill be keeping an eye encase the topic goes a bit unsavoury.

As was the TC 1.0 release. The subsequent patches have been a godsend

Indeed, although without them patches the game wouldnt of been playable. Some other companies (like EA) rarely release patches, thankful egosoft do patch. However patching of games isnt something a company has to do after they have your money.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

X3:TC release: October 2008.
X:R release: Still Unknown 2013.

I shall actually write down the years, as to let the development time soak in fully.

October 2008+ 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013+

Enough said.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

However patching of games isnt something a company has to do after they have your money.
- Roguey

Exactly Deal

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I shall actually write down the years, as to let the development time soak in fully.
- Fallent

Its almost like they didnt really start until like 2010/11.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I just don't get it... these kinds of games are just not that deep. Job scripts make up 90% of the AI content, there is very little plot or story line and 90% of the universe concept already existed.

I guess I just don't get how a 30 minutes plot and a game with less than 1000 unique items could take so long.

Two ideas?

1) They decided to secretly port to DX11 knowing that they were going to have issues with DX9 in the future.

2) They are porting to consoles... I still think this is the 100% more likely scenario.

Roguey... we need a poll. Why is Rebirth taking so long. Some options may or may not include magical gnomes stole the razor's from Johann's medicine cabinet and of course Bethesda sent a secret spy in to steal all game content.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I may be alone in this, but I'd actually welcome a port to consoles. There was some suggestion that Reunion or TC would come out on Xbox/Xbox 360, but it never happened. I was kind of gutted to be honest.

If Rebirth were to come out on console, I'd buy it. Primarily because it'd be cheaper to do that than to upgrade my PC to the point I could play Rebirth without it being a stuttering mess. But then I'm not one of these hardcore PC gamers who believe all console owners are dumb Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Kirlack, I am sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to see this on a console. I think console focused PC games are dumbed down in order to work well with the console, but we are each entitled to our opinions.

But why would you need to upgrade hardware, they are designing Rebirth to run on XP systems that use DX9 cards... aka a x2 Athlon or Pentium Core 2 Duo and a x1900 ati or 7600GT nvidia... aka crap.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Fallent said:I shall actually write down the years, as to let the development time soak in fully.
Its almost like they didnt really start until like 2010/11.
- Roguey

I want them to give us a release date. December 2013 or July 2013? Surely they have an rough estimate by now. If they don't then it's very worrying!

In the 2012 newsletter Bernd said "ask our fans to wait just a little while longer" I didn't think he meant up to another full year Roll eyes

A lot of game developers can give a release date up to about 6 months in advance... After all this time why can't Ego? Because the games still ages away from completion and they still don't know!

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Fallent, you will know exactly when this game is coming out because people who are Beta testing this game will leak the info in the usual places. Until they get their hands on a Beta candidate, we are still months away.

I pray to god they are planning on using the NDA Devnet team to beta test because if they don't this is going to be a bumpy ride.

I will say it again, probability stats (ones that I came up with) show a probable release date at the end of Q1 2014...

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Kirlack, I am sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to see this on a console. I think console focused PC games are dumbed down in order to work well with the console, but we are each entitled to our opinions.
- BarrenEarth

Oh I agree, to a point. But I've read so many hardcore PC gamers slating console gamers as being 'too dumb to use a proper machine' or similar that I wanted to pre-empt that kind of response Wink

But why would you need to upgrade hardware, they are designing Rebirth to run on XP systems that use DX9 cards... aka a x2 Athlon or Pentium Core 2 Duo and a x1900 ati or 7600GT nvidia... aka crap.
- BarrenEarth

Hey, you been looking at my machine's spec? :p The reason I think I'd need to upgrade is based on my experience of playing TC. Prior to my RAM upgrade a couple weeks ago my machine struggled to run TC satisfactorily. Even now I still run it at the lowest possible graphics settings. I can't help but feel that I would need some major upgrades to handle Rebirth Wink

A lot of game developers can give a release date up to about 6 months in advance... After all this time why can't Ego? Because the games still ages away from completion and they still don't know!
- Fallent

IF that's the case then there really isn't anything we can do about it. I've seen people respond to the increasingly long wait by saying 'that's it! you've lost a customer!', and the inevitable response is 'oh no, how will Ego survive without your money'. I understand that it must be frustrating, as I said if it was a new Fallout game and they'd taken this long to unveil it after announcement I'd be...well, ticked off is putting it mildly.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

IF that's the case then there really isn't anything we can do about it. I've seen people respond to the increasingly long wait by saying 'that's it! you've lost a customer!', and the inevitable response is 'oh no, how will Ego survive without your money'. I understand that it must be frustrating, as I said if it was a new Fallout game and they'd taken this long to unveil it after announcement I'd be...well, ticked off is putting it mildly.
- Kirlack

Oh don't misunderstand me. I know perfectly well that even with all of the vocal fans not buying the game, it won't make any difference as we make up only a tiny percentage of the total sales. I'm under no illusion Egosoft owes me anything, or needs from anything from me.

However I am p*ssed off about their constant stalling, the lack of information, the fact that it's taken 6 years for a decent gameplay video from them, and finally that the game STILL doesn't have an release date.

What is the big secret? Why can we not know what stage of development the game is out? Is it in Beta? Is it in Alpha? Just tell us some details Egosoft. Answer the most basic of questions.

And give me a release date Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess I just don't get how a 30 minutes plot and a game with less than 1000 unique items could take so long.

Well I guess its a bit more than that. It does seam they are working on improving the AI and that too, although it does seam like a long time.

Roguey... we need a poll. Why is Rebirth taking so long.

Well, I im not sure how that well help. Asking people what they think of something is different than guessing why a game is taking so long. No body has a clue apart from egosoft. One news post from them would let everyone know what's happening but yet they dont choose to let us know.

I want them to give us a release date. December 2013 or July 2013? Surely they have an rough estimate by now. If they don't then it's very worrying!

True, they could even say a quarter if they arent very sure.

I pray to god they are planning on using the NDA Devnet team to beta test because if they don't this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Trouble is, if they do get a NDA team to look at it then we wont know because of the NDA.

Kirlack, I am sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to see this on a console.

The current gen consoles have less memory, less processing power and weaker graphic card power. So if a game is ported to a console, it would have to fit around the console. This could mean a lot of advance features could be stripped out, so it can 'fit' on a console.

Another issue on a console is the controller. Without a keyboard, the control system has to be simpler. Take Diablo 3, people wondered why it had only 4 active skills. We now know its because they want to map them to the d-pad on a console controller. However a PC version could use 1 to 0 (allowing up-to 10 skills) because of the keyboard. However if PC users could use 10 skills, they would have a major advantage over the console users.

Im not against a console port, as long it doesnt effect the PC version.

However I am p*ssed off about their constant stalling, the lack of information, the fact that it's taken 6 years for a decent gameplay video from them, and finally that the game STILL doesn't have an release date.

And saying, please wait isnt helping lol. Just telling us a release date of 2013, 2014 or 2015 would be better than nothing. Its obviously missed so many dead-lines.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

"Trouble is, if they do get a NDA team to look at it then we wont know because of the NDA. "

Everyone talks... you just need to know where to look.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

No-body talks to me lol.. now I feel sad Cry

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I wonder when the next developer video will be released. I also wonder what the reasoning behind Egosoft suddenly releasing them is.Are Egosoft releasing them because the game is near? Or are they releasing them because they are running in fear of SC?

Even Egosofts own fans are abandoning them to SC! This site has more SC talk then it does Rebirth now! Is there a single thread that's not half filled with SC talk?

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.