Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

more info on Rebirth.
Finally something

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Nice find! I still don't believe it though, I'll only start looking forward to it when there is some static, hard evidence that it is being released this year (or at all!).

The release date of the release date will be… beginning of August
Laugh

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

What a strange way for ego to post news - you'd think they just post something on the main page eh?

hmm, maybe its me? but it reads a little like he is trying to recover from back-pedalling.

Funny how bernd only ever answers questions from large/generic websites only too.

X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

What a strange way for ego to post news - you'd think they just post something on the main page eh?
- Roguey

What would you want to post there? The only information that is really new to people that have been following X Rebirth and its development - those are usually the ones in the egosoft forums - is the announcement of the release date of the release date. And sorry, but that is really not something you put on the main page. As for the interview itself, a link was posted on the Egosoft facebook page, from where it found its way after about an hour later also into the forums.

Funny how bernd only ever answers questions from large/generic websites only too.
- Roguey

Funny, how people tend to forget so easily what Bernd did. :P There were three rounds of forum questions answered by Bernd in the Ask Bernd one question thread. The questions that were asked in the big GamesCom interview were also taken from the forum. He also answered forum questions in the last december issue of the X-Universe news.

Of course, Bernd will also give interviews to other gaming sites, platforms or magazines, just as he did before. Why shouldn't he? PC Games and PC Games Hardware are two of the biggest game/hardware magazines with Online communities in Germany. Their sites are visited million times each months. Hence, building up tension and excitement for X Rebirth is the best thing he and Egosoft in general can do right now. "Watch out our real marketing campaign starts soon. Prepare to spread the word of X Rebirth", might be a possible slogan at this point.
Not telling enough about X Rebirth and not spreading the word about X Rebirth were the biggest points of critism by the community by now. Now that Bernd does make it, he is criticised again.

Edit: Totally forgot to mention the other interview that was posted two days ago on the Egosoft Facebook page: A Chat with Egosoft. Not that much news about X Rebirth, but still an interesting read.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42!
...or was it 23? Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

What would you want to post there? The only information that is really new to people that have been following X Rebirth and its development - those are usually the ones in the egosoft forums

hey x2, I just found the news-coverage done very strangely. If you look through the ego's site, the last news on rebirth was in December in the x-news (and technically that wasnt on the news page). Other stuff (such as dev-videos) are posted on youtube, facebook/twitter - so less youre following them, you wouldnt know about them. I always thought the main page should be the home of information; letting fans know about things. I notice the main site doesnt even have a RSS feed for people to follow, the only way to keep up-to-date is to follow on twitter or facebook.

Take SC, its crazy how much is posted on their main site - news every week or so (with emails telling you what's happening ever so often). I think its maybe too much the other way, to be honest. Doesnt seem to be a happy medium, but its better to have too much news than none what-so-ever.

Of course, Bernd will also give interviews to other gaming sites, platforms or magazines, just as he did before. Why shouldnt he? PC Games and PC Games Hardware are two of the biggest game/hardware magazines with Online communities in Germany. Their sites are visited million times each months.

I can understand that of-course, big site give ego traffic. From my point-of-view it comes across a bit snooty; I will only talk to large web-sites - Bernd. Bernd seems to only talk to German sites too, which distances him has surely most of the x-players speak english? This re-forces this snooty attitude.

If we take SC, Chris Roberts takes time to talk to his fans on youtube videos etc.. David Braben also does a quite a lot of posts too, explaining development and such. Its more direct and they seem to do good at talking to their fans directly (its a long since developers couldnt do so). Its not that we dont appreciate Bernd's efforts, its just the way its done.

It would be better if Bernd was in the next dev-video, talking to someone about what they are doing. However this time not hiding behind the camera! Presentation is very important in any business, its good to see some leadership. David and Chris are making their presents know, why not bernd?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well we have a release date now and we don't have long to wait.. True to form Egosoft announce the release date just before they release it. I did mention this is an Egosoft trend didn't I? :p

You need to log-in to post here.