TC & AP - Recommended Mods

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Scripts and Modding » TC & AP - Recommended Mods

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I thought I would go ahead and start a thread for what mods you enjoy and would recommend to the general public.
Please give a link to the original thread or the website page that has the mod and a description. Pictures are optional but appreciated.

First up for me is IEX - Immersive Environments X-tention (i'm totally guessing thats what IEX stands for). Its based on the original IE and added Albion Prelude support and more planets and backgrounds. It makes the universe look stunning while at the same time a bit more dangerous. In sectors with 0% sun you can't see the asteroids...

Here is a few screenshots of it on my imgur page - You can click on the little gear icon when you mouse over the image to view it full sized.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Awesome idea Sinxar.
I have always played vanilla TC but I keep hearing about all these different Mods that are out there...but I have no idea what they are all about, what they do in detail, and if any of them can be added to an existing game.

I admit that I haven't seen/heard enough about the different Mods to make me interested in checking out what's available.

This is going to help me if I want to go ahead and add some Mods.

I know I should look it up, but does this Mod do anything besides change the backgrounds?
Can it be added to an existing game?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Technically yes it can be added to an existing game. But it is recommended to start a new one because of how planets are generated or something. Apparently planets and suns could be out of place if added to an existing game. I was early in my last AP game so I just started a new one, no biggie for me. I installed just the regular IE at first and it didn't make my game modified (ed: ignore that, it does make it modified. must have been a fluke). IEX adjust some of the view distances and such and causes the game to become modified.

So it changes planets and textures, the fog effect, view distances (AP only) and new backgrounds. I think thats it. The screenshots doesn't do it justice, its one of those things you have to see ingame. If some newbie installed IE + IEX after only playing once or twice through the game they may not even realize the scope of whats changed, but for us, it is drastic and really adds atmosphere to X3.

A great example. This is Brennan's Triumph with just the regular IE in TC. Notice that the star field is on top of the background. Not shown is a planet that is in front of the giant roids too, I think thats what happens when you don't start a new game. IEX changes this to look more like the vanilla except more menacing looking.
Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

It looks like Moonrat has done a really good job with IEX, improving the visual greatly.

In sectors with 0% sun you cant see the asteroids...
- Sinxar

Ive smashed into a few in vanilla before - not being able to see them (especailly when the real sun is bright on the tv).

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Another one I have been playing with that is highly recommended by most of the Egosoft forum members is MARS Fire Control.

MARS stands for - Motion Analysis Relay System

In its most basic form it will switch weapons around in the turrets based on the probability to hit the target. Built in features such as target prioritization make effective use of weapons you have onboard. Keep in mind this only works on turrets and a TS with a single gun in the rear will not see much benefit.

The intelligent turret control is only half of the script. It will also use fighter drones and reload the software on them turning them into "Goblins" they are faster and smarter. If enabled they can distract hostiles, gather loot and repair blue ships and stations, all automatically. You can even give MARS to the enemies if you wish, but this may cause a very heavy load and bring the game to its knees.

I first tested this on my Boa, it has 2 turrets with 2 guns each. I put 4x Mass Drivers and 4x PACs to see what it would do on a typical kill mission with a lot of M5s running around. I also put a bunch of fighter drones in the cargo for it to use.

I jump in and it said "Target Locked On" and started firing at what it thought it had the highest chance to hit. As the M5s came closer it switched from PAC to Mass Drivers and easily killed all those pesky M5s. Once my energy ran out it switched to Mass Drivers as well to keep the DPS up. Once everything was dead the Goblins ran out and collected all the loot lying around.

If this sounds interesting go to the thread linked above and look through the manual. Gazz did a great job on this and it is fun to use.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Are there any other ones? Like on that will get rid of the little mini astroids in the game or remove the 10 - 20 busters (cant remember what M class it is) that follow one cargo ship. And the only mod i have ever seen but i cant find it any more is a compleat over hall of the game that changed every thing how the guns worked how mining work ect. It was based off of EVE online. If any one has ever payed that game. It was suppost to be an effective at makeing eve online offline.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I did some digging and stumbled accros this http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690 its a list of all mods for TC and it even list command slots and text file ID numbers for the modders out there.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?

You need to log-in to post here.