Mod Crashing

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Mod Crashing

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 13 years ago.

I have a problem with the mod crashing. It usually happens whilst fighting. For instance I answered a post to kill someone in Enliven Sun. Got there, shot the target to pieces then turned to fight the support ships and the game keeps crashing at the same bit. It seems if I turn too hard I get a freeze then total crash.

I'm using Roguey's X3 mod v3.3. My computer is a 3GHz processor with 3Gb Ram and an Asus EN8400GS Graphics card.

Anyone else have this problem?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Are you running any other mods or scripts? Driving

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi Roguey,
No, I'm not running other mods or scripts. It's happened a couple times but I regularly save my games so it's just a bit annoying, that's all. It's probably my anti-virus or Asus smartdoctor application running in the background. Maybe a bit much for the graphics card.
I love this mod and otherwise it runs great!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

X3/TC arent the most friendly with crash reports - which can make problem solving very tricky. There's also a lot of things to factor too, like your windows/hardware etc.

All I can do from my point of view is see if more reports come in. If so, then there might be problem with the mod. However finding a problem in the mod isnt easy: 1139 files - 230.9mb in the dat. There could be one ; in the wrong place.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

that's interesting, because i was having the same problem. i figured it was a problem with the modded ships, because my crashes happened most often when i was fighting with roguey's ships, and usually right before or after i destroyed a ship.

if your game crashes again, can you let us know exactly where and what you were fighting, and what action you took right before the game crashed?

makes me wonder if anyone else is having crashes and just hasn't said anything... roguey has your game ever randomly crashed during dogfights?

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hey,

I havent really tested general battles for awhile, normally when I add something I test it and X3 seems happy then I move on the next thing. Did test general battles awhile ago however.

It may help if you tested a few things for me. The first being replacing !plugin.acp.fight.attack.object with the original. This file is in your X3/scripts folder and is replaced by the mod. The original version of this file is in the folder original. Simply copy and paste it and see if that helps. This file is modified so that attacking ships talk to you and laser-towers upgrade.

I will start looking through the mods types files, but this could take awhile. Usually if X3 dislikes anything in those, it normally crashes straight away.

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Thanks for all your help, guys! I've noticed that it only crashes when I'm in a dogfight after starting a game previously saved using salvage insurance save. For instance, before entering 'Battlegrounds' I saved the game in-flight. Got my ass kicked when I jumped through, so I re-started the game from the 'save'. Whilst in a dogfight with a number of Xenon 'L' & 'M' ships, I turned fast and the game crashed. It did this every time. So I don't use these saved games anymore. I was flying my Split Wulfen. Very cool ship!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I dont suppose you have those saves and could upload them somewhere?

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I don't have the saves (silly me!). However, I deleted the mod then re-installed it and it seems to be working fine now. Love this mod!

Thanks Roguey!

Fiona

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Have you used the scripts with Roguey's Mod?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Glad its working better, Let us know how you get on Smile

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Roguey, sorry but it crashed again. This time I had accepted a request for help in fighting the Xenon in Scale Plate Green. I jumped to the sector (I've tried jumping to all three gates) and destroyed a Xenon L. As I turn towards the bright backdrop - it looks like it's a planet that's exploded - to take on another ship it crashes. Always the same part. I have the saved file.

Fiona

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Try playing the game without Roguey's Mod as well, see if that changes anything.
or...
When you load up X3, change your graphics settings, start on low and see if that works. If that does not work totally re-install the game, along with re-installing Roguey's Mod

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Could you email me your save? that way I could check to see if the same happens here?

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Roguey,

Where do I send it to?

Fiona

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,