PHQ Editing

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » PHQ Editing

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

Anyone got an idea, HOW THE F* to edit the hq.xml file to actually do something?:(
All I've been reading thus far, turns out is for TC, but I need it for R.
So if anyone has an idea how to script that darn thing it'd be appreciated.

All I wanted to do was half the production and reverse engineering times. Cause the default are overkill. That and well, keeping 50M storage from the extended mod Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Sorry!
Found my problem, please delete this thread. On another note I have now a PHQ that has 50M cargo space, can be bought by the Boron for 194M, and has half the RE and production times of normal one, so an M5 takes only 32M to RE, and the Wulfen would take only 19H. price and other is the same, seems only fair to me. The normal times take AGES, and are worthless when you need to produce ships. and if not for that, why would you have your own HQ.

so 8h40M for an R now, still seems like forever, but better then 17 and a half.
Atleast I get dolphin haulers in 54m.

...just delete this thread if noone is interested in modding the HQ Big grin

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

did you just modify a script, or was it more complicated than that?

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

to Jacer:
Dude don't leave IRC this fast. I answered you the same second you left Big grin
on irc it takes a bit to responds, I have 50+ channels open and do other stuff. So be a bit patient, you will learn to just leave the client open at one point Big grin

Anyway, there are 2 things you should know about editing the PHQ. first of if you have the Apricot Extended PHQ installed, or any other mod for that matter, you will need to edit their .cat file.
If you have no PHQ mod installed, you should find the file in one of the games .cat files.
the file is called hq.xml so it's not hard to spot. If you're looking in the games files, try 03.cat first, as this was mentioned most I guess it's there.

Another thing you should know is, that you *could* add the file to your types folder once you have it. but just to be clear the .cat files that are not from the game (e.g. mods), will override that setting.

it goes as follows: Game .cat, Game file, Mod .cat, "mods/.cat"
respectively each one overrides the one before.

if you want the same setup as me just tell me, I'll send you my files Big grin

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I was thinking maybe I should make a couple versions?
something like:
1) normal cargo, normal time, 30% off
2) 10M cargo, normal time, 25% off
3) 20M cargo, half time, 15%off
4)50M cargo, half time, 10% off

I'm open for suggestions through Big grin

did you just modify a script, or was it more complicated than that?
- jacer08

it's not just a script like I said, but it's fairly easy, it's just an .xml file Big grin

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

meh, no biggie.

i waited like 5min, and then left. i wasn't worried, i figured you were busy and would just message you here.

i'm not too worried about the files. i'm not playing X3 at the moment, so they would be of little use to me. thank you for the explination though, i was curious about it. i'm glad you figured it out.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

i waited like 5min, and then left. i wasnt worried, i figured you were busy and would just message you here.
- jacer08

saw that, got time stamps on, laughed when I wrote, and it's like 2 seconds diff between my answer and your parting Big grin

Anyway, It's not my accomplishment, there is a lot of talk about this on the forums, especially the TC ones. it was just reading through the heaps of posts there and picking out info Big grin

Hope it works for you, if you still have problems, drop by on IRC or write here.
I'm always online, but not always at my computer, so it might take a while for me to respond Big grin

Still I'd like to know what you think about having a choice of versions for the PHQ? or any other improvements? less/more resources?
I was kinda thinking of making a special version for the thinkers, that would use 4x the resources it's using now, but produce ships for 80% off.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

irc is one of them things you can leave running, so you dont need to keep going unless you need to - I often have to go to do things. So sorry if im not there all the time.

Im not sure why you were having a lot of problems editing the xml file - just use a text file editor, in windows it would be notepad.

I thought I increased the HQ size already? its been awhile..

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I think you did to 1M.

Well anyway, my problem was that your CAT/DAT and the PHQ_EXTENDED CAT/DAT were overiding anything I wrote in the type/hq.xml file. So I really had no chance.

I've managed to work on the PHQ_Extended mod CAT file, and added that and works now perfectly. I also asked apricostl for permission to edit and re-release his mod with the times re-edited, and he allowed me, so expect a couple of posts over the weekend with diff PHQ settings Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

well you could of false patch hq mod - just number the HQ mod after the main mod. When using false patching, X3/TC will using settings in the last dat/cat files. If it can find the file, then X3/TC will roll through the dats until a match is found.

hmm.. it might be better for me to create a section on the x3 site for you, than posting your mods/scripts on the forum - I will it *dr evil expression* NetHawk modding section - if you like? Smile

how many scripts/mods are you thinking about doing? if many, I could code something.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

how many scripts/mods are you thinking about doing? if many, I could code something.
- Roguey

I honestly have no idea, honestly said, I'll be working on stuff as I please Big grin
if lot's of folks will use stuff I create I'll work much on it, but without feedback...well I wouldn't bother to go farther then to implement the stuff I want and be kind enough to share it Big grin

hmm.. it might be better for me to create a section on the x3 site for you, than posting your mods/scripts on the forum - I will it *dr evil expression* NetHawk modding section - if you like? Smile
- Roguey

...omg.....ahm.......ahm......ahm......well....dunno....ahm....Probably a bad idea. My name was mentioned in the last 2 weeks more on sites/titles then in years before that....I'm gonna get a heart attack! :P
Seriously through I didn't create squat so far, so let's wait and see how much will be created before anything like that if you don't mind Big grin

well you could of false patch hq mod - just number the HQ mod after the main mod. When using false patching, X3/TC will using settings in the last dat/cat files. If it can find the file, then X3/TC will roll through the dats until a match is found.
- Roguey

That's true, but still I'd loose the 50M set by apricostl, except if I set that too, but then where is the point of having his patch?
I'll just make "extended" versions of his patch, cause it already adds the hq to the Boron shipyard, which I want anyway. So rather then messing around with such a script myself, I'll just build on his, make the "extended" versions like I had in mind (e.g. kind of a point system between cargo, cost, resources, speed) so it stays balanced. Big grin

Hope anyone will want to use this, as far as I can see there haven't been many requests for this stuff, except for "creditles" or "insta-build" HQ's.

We'll see, it doesn't cost me much time to create the versions as the values are quite simple to understand, and edit, so I'll just get to it and then we'll see if anyone uses it. Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hehe, I didnt plan on giving you a heart attack, well if you ever want to a internet celebrity, just let me know :P

Well, I understand about your editing - ive been a bit like that: updating the mods when there's interest. Things have quieten down a lot to be honest.

With your section, just remmeber the offer will stay open.

and about HQ thingy - I was guessing how it was done. You know the code better than me, as I tend to mod code myself.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

...You know the code better than me...
- Roguey

I FEAR the day this will hold true! :P

Seriously through, I'm gonna work on that tonight probably. I'll keep everyone updated.

hehe, I didnt plan on giving you a heart attack, well if you ever want to a internet celebrity, just let me know :P
- Roguey

I might take the offer one day, for now I'm more then glad to be able to help representing and testing the mod Big grin
Well and soon scripting if all goes well Big grin

smac1975

smac1975 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello NetHawk,

I was reading this post today and I find myself looking for the same things regarding the building times of the PHQ.

I tried to use the hq.xml from apricotslice but I have no idea what are the variables that control the time, resources and credits to build/reverse ships.

I can't use apricot's hq hack because of that and it makes the HQ works too fast for what I plan to my game.

I was wondering if you want to share that hq.xml of yours... or teach me how to edit one...

I would like to have something like:
5M cargo space;
25% building time;
25% reverse eng time;
25% repair time;
all with 100% of original money and resources;

Thanks for reading Smile

Regards,

smac1975.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ofcourse m8.
You want me to supply you the hq.xml or a cat/dat combo that will make it work?

Also, want it to be sold by any race? (price 194M, set by ego) Big grin

smac1975

smac1975 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply. I think I prefer the hq.xml file, it's easier to keep in control of what you have installed, I have a lot of mods and/or fake patches on my game...

the availability on any shipyeard can be coded in the xml file too?

smac1975

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.