best way to get some IBL's

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » best way to get some IBL's

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

the title says it all,i find myself in need of some IBL's and not sure of the best way of getting them.i know you can have the fab hacked but there are not always some available.

any tips???

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you're on good terms with the Yaki it doesn't take much to set up a small support complex in Weavers Tempest to feed their forges. Then just set up a CLS pilot to buy up the IBLs as they come off the production line.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

All of mine were found either on an Argon capital ship, or in the wreckage of an Argon capital ship.
Shooting some Commonwealth types shouldn't be that much of a problem.
I have heard that Paranid weapons dealers are supposed to be a good source.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

If youre on good terms with the Yaki it doesnt take much to set up a small support complex in Weavers Tempest to feed their forges. Then just set up a CLS pilot to buy up the IBLs as they come off the production line.
- Kirlack

hmmm thats not a bad idea but i dont know what my standings with the yaki are i stole 2 shuri from them and killed one along with 2 or 3 of there M7's.but i will look into the for sure.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I buy mine from the Yaki, but I have a slew from boarding operations as well. IBLs seem to be the most common capital grade drop boarding pirate or commonwealth M1s and M2s. I have well over a hundred, and only half are from the Yaki.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have in my mammoth over 120 IBL's i have annoyed Yaki blew up weavers tempest IBL's, LooManckStrats Legacy IBL.

All of mine have been from capped ships pirates galleons and Yaki Shuri's.

I have blown the Fab's up on the hope some nice TL comes to build another FAB and then i will nab the FAB

Wink

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

How do you get your rep up with the Yaki? I can't even land on their ibl forge station.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

How do you get your rep up with the Yaki? I can't even land on their ibl forge station.
- Mortimerex

Firstly not killing them, then killing enemies of theirs in Yaki own sectors.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Who are enemies of the Yaki? Argon, or all the commonwealth races? Also, the map shows all Yaki sectors as dead ends, are there any ambush sectors that have some traffic going through?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Who are enemies of the Yaki? Argon, or all the commonwealth races? Also, the map shows all Yaki sectors as dead ends, are there any ambush sectors that have some traffic going through?
- Mortimerex

Nope, but occasionally you will get Paranid patrols that show up in their sectors. Assuming your Yaki rep isn't super low to where you are shoot on sight, they actually hang out at gates in random sectors and will give you missions to kill things.

If you have access to the Xenon Hub you can realign the gates to force patrols to fly through Yaki sectors... just putting that out there.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

That really stinks, I can't find any yaki to get missions from and their sectors are pretty empty. I bought a PPC and FAA forge (along with a CIG, Hept, and Prg forges which I don't have to supply anything for) for my complex in Antigone Memorial so I will probably skip getting IBLs and go straight to outfitting Rays (m2) for my fleet.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah it is a pain. There are also the ones in some pirate sectors if you can become friendly with them. A long time ago I setup a tiny space fuel complex in Loomanckstrat's Legacy a fair distance above the plane. It only needed ecells to run and the pirates bought the space fuel and delivered it to the local IBL forge. For the most part the hostile pirates left it alone and I didn't have to do anything else but wait for rep to increase.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I was thinking of setting up a Spacefuel complex in Senators Badlands since it has silicon roids the plex could be completely self sustaining and I wouldn't have to haul crap to keep it going. I'll give it a try anyway. (edit) Well, I sold 100 units in an hour so that's not a very good idea. The yaki don't seem to have transports and just buy it by 2-5 unit increments. This could take a very very long time...

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Hmmm. Well, I can now buy IBL's after selling only 150 ton of space fuel. But I also unlocked the Yaki stock exchange, did about 4 taxi missions to Senators Badlands, sold about 600 ton of space fuel to the Yaki stock exchange and invested about half a million credits in the stock exchange. All in all not nearly as much effort as I was afraid of. If I had it to do over I wouldn't build a complex in Senators Badlands because it isn't making much money there but it is very useful for feeding the two IBL forges in Weavers Tempest (worth the 25 million investment since I have over 600 million from taxi missions. I have 4 IBLs now and just a little more time I will have 6 for my Panther Raider, then I will get 8 for a Tiger maybe.

Bardicheart

Bardicheart avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

Like so many others I...
A) avoided pissing off the Yaki in the first place
B) did a few missions for them (especially build missions) to get them to like me enough to let me in Weaver's Tempest
C) built a self sufficient complex to feed their forges and distilleries, then set up some freighters (and 2 sector traders as well which now trade in Senators Badlands as well at the other stations I built for the Yaki).

Result, Yaki like me lots, I make money, I have a large stockpile (40+ as I write this but it goes up and down as I outfit more ships) of IBls at my HQ all stamped Made by Yaki

Note, the station complex I built doesn't just make whiskey (space fuel), it also sells delaxian wheat, silicon, ore, crystals and energy to the Yaki and to the Paranid, so its turned out to be a profitable operation all the way around.

Crel21

Crel21 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

I nay have a bug on this in my current (vanilla) game. In particular I have done many missions for them and can buy ships at their shipyard etc, even reached the point where I can go in their IBL forge system and say sorry to the Carrier and they turn blue too but still I dont get an option to dock at their stations and they tell me my presence their is neither desirable not welcome lol.

I am thinking they may be somehow bugged and maybe I should bomb them to see if the next one is friendlier (or even better see if I can grab the TL and keep the forge - after all I sided with Jonferco so there is not IBL stations in Senator's Shipyard). Any suggestions?

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.