Laser Towers

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Laser Towers

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I hear that the effectiveness of Laser Towers in X3TC was bugged when OOS so that they were not nearly as powerful, resulting in them being more of just a stop-gap until you can jump your fleet in to engage the hostiles personally rather than being a serious defence. My first question is whether or not that this is still the case, or has that been fixed so that their ability is properly represented in OOS combat.

Second question is about deploying them. I've stuck a few in the Hub as right now it's connected between Segaris and Megnir, and Terrans sometimes wander through while I'm restocking. When I deployed them, I saw in the sector map that they were listed with a countdown clock after their names, about 2 minutes or so. Is that a countdown to when they become active, or until you can collect them, or something else entirely?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

the countdown is for them to activate,as for the OOS thing that i do not know.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Time to arming. When the clock hits zero they are ready to fire.
There is a 'feature' in that you can shoot an NPC LT or send a cargo drone to your own LT in this time and collect the PBC from it.
OOS the range has been increased, though how effective they are I can't tell you.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

There is a feature in that you can shoot an NPC LT or send a cargo drone to your own LT in this time and collect the PBC from it.
- Ripskar

Ha, so buy a LT, collect the PBC, sell it and buy 8 more LTs
Rinse and repeat!

Once you've collected the PBC, if you pick up the LT and redeploy it does another PBC spawn with it?

I shan't be doing that though; I'm strictly adhering to the rules this time. It's interesting nevertheless.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

The PBC will respawn if you pick it up after you take the PBC out. So far I have only done the destruction part, but there was a thread at the Egosoft site where it showed how to get infinite PBCs from one laser tower.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

And I'm guessing... Egosoft just can't seem to fix it?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

The exploit became possible due to the solution of the previous LT exploit...

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

The exploit became possible due to the solution of the previous LT exploit...
- Ripskar

...Doh! Bricks

Hopefully it's not so easy to make money this way that it breaks the game?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

I think it's quicker to do Taxi missions or the Stock Market.
But it may be more viable at lower trade ranks.
Personally I just want the guns!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Sounds crazy, I got to try it Smile

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

I notice the PBC blurb (from the encyclopaedia) says it's mountable on the "Argon Colossus Hauler" which is a ship missing from the Roguey's database.

Strangely, when I look up the Colossus Hauler in the encyclopaedia it says it's not compatible with the PBC.

Still I might pinch a few of these for an M7; beam weapons are always nice.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Most people seem to want to LAZORS and not the money they are worth, since there is no other way to get them. I know I got 10, and I will never sell them. The exploit is the infinite laser part, I don't see the getting laser as a drop from destroying the laser tower while it is powering up to really be an exploit.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I notice the PBC blurb (from the encyclopaedia) says it's mountable on the "Argon Colossus Hauler" which is a ship missing from the Roguey's database.

Strangely, when I look up the Colossus Hauler in the encyclopaedia it says it's not compatible with the PBC.

Still I might pinch a few of these for an M7; beam weapons are always nice.
- Triscopic

The Colossus Hauler cannot fit it, at least not according to the info screen when I look at it (there is one in one of the war sectors in my game.)

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

I thought they patched the Colossus Hauler out?

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

The Colossus Hauler cannot fit it, at least not according to the info screen when I look at it (there is one in one of the war sectors in my game.)
- martimus

Didn't know there was one there. Then again I tend to stay out of the war zone. What is interesting is the PBC says it can be fitted. Guess that's the bug.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I thought they patched the Colossus Hauler out?
- Ripskar

I just saw one, although it didnt look much different (stats/model) than the normal version.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.