Hidden Bonus Ships, Have You Found Any?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Hidden Bonus Ships, Have You Found Any?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Have you found any yet? I found this little chap floating around in Rhy's Desire, and eagerly scooped him up.

Picture

The only question is, where on earth am I supposed to get my hands on Kyon Emitters xD

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

I found a Khaak Corvette in unknown sector with full loadout of beta kyons.

just keep checking unknown sectors they are random in each persons game.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I found a Khaak Corvette in unknown sector with full loadout of beta kyons.
- suzukigsxr

Did you have to board it with marines like the Aran, or was it claimable?

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Nope its a freebie !!! keep going to all unknown sectors should not take too much to find i went to alot of unknown sectors before i found it !!

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Corvette in the Unknown Sector beyond Getsu Fune.
2 Fighters, 1 Interceptor, 2 Scouts in Nathan's Voyage.
6 Alpha Kyons between them.
Yes you can claim them but I prefer to board as the marines advance their fight skills.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Corvette in the Unknown Sector beyond Getsu Fune.
2 Fighters, 1 Interceptor, 2 Scouts in Nathan's Voyage.
6 Alpha Kyons between them.
Yes you can claim them but I prefer to board as the marines advance their fight skills.
- Ripskar

Do you train up the fight skills with many marines? I have 20 of them with 90+ in fighting sitting on my cobra, and the various others that I've captured do nothing.
Also, since the only Kyons are on a limited number of ships, is there no point in reverse engineering Kha'ak ships and making a whole bunch?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

The only ships I have found is the Aran in a unfocussed jump sector, and a Kh'aak Scout in Lommanstraks Legacy.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

You can only improve your fighting skills of your marines when boarding, there is no other way to improve it.

Ive also found a Corvette, however it seems un-claimable to me. I cant board it, nor can I claim it either. If I start shooting at it, it goes hostile and starts attacking Whatever

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

i never found any hidden ships/crates but then again im not really looking,are they only in unkown sectors?

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

i never found any hidden ships/crates but then again im not really looking,are they only in unkown sectors?
- Rassyu

I found an interceptor in CBSW, so they can be anywhere.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Do you train up the fight skills with many marines? I have 20 of them with 90+ in fighting sitting on my cobra, and the various others that I've captured do nothing.
Also, since the only Kyons are on a limited number of ships, is there no point in reverse engineering Kha'ak ships and making a whole bunch?
- Seygantte

I have close to 120 marines, I buy them at 4 or 5 stars in fighting though some of the earlier ones had 3 stars and I got an additional 40 via a plot which are a bunch of cannon fodder plus a couple from 2nd hand ships.

Everyone gets trained to 5 stars in Engineering. Early finishers do a couple of Mechanics courses.
Once that's complete I go looking for Return Ship missions with M6 or M7 targets.
Cram as many marines as you can onto these (20 for an M7, 8 for an M6) as they all make some progress in they're fight skill and the more you have the less casualties you're likely to take.
As they reach max fighting skill I rotate them out for more newbies and any who show decent hacking skill are sent back to train this up.
As such I now have a fairly formidable team from which I can select boarding parties either for more Retuirn Ship missions which I send the less experienced on, (and can be completed via space-walk) through TLs which I can send a mixed party to military ships which take a fully experienced boarding team.
Ultimately I'll be taking Xenon ships so I'll be needing a few top-end expendables.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I found a Tuning Crate (2) in some Teladi controlled pirate sector which I can't remember the name of. Is this automatically applied to the ship I use to pick it up? I don't want to put it on the wrong ship by mistake.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes, applied automatically. So make sure you pick it up with the ship you want to upgrade.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

All I ever found was a Scout in The pirate core sector with the IBL forge, I was there at least 30 times before i noticed it, Just goes to show how much my mind is on auto while playing this game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess when you get things working for themselves you can relax a bit and search around. You do come across a few ships.. You normally find them by staring at your map for a few seconds (looking for ships which dont move).

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess when you get things working for themselves you can relax a bit and search around. You do come across a few ships.. You normally find them by staring at your map for a few seconds (looking for ships which dont move).
- Roguey

Or by scanning through the ships names. Unclaimed ships tend to stick out as they just have the ship model, as opposed to 'Argon High Tech Trader' or some other such nonsense. I actually find it annoying that the names not the ship info distinguish between, say, a Demeter or a Demeter XL. The only way to know is to have memorised the ships stats :/

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.