Hidden Bonus Ships, Have You Found Any?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Hidden Bonus Ships, Have You Found Any?

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Just found a Corvette in unknown sector next to legends home. had a full loadout of beta kyons.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

@Seygantte Yeah that way works fine too.

@mechm0343 Corvette eh? what you gonna do with it?

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

That stinks, I searched every unknown sctor in the game and haven't found a single one.

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I haven't really decided..
I took it for a test drive and the beta's work well against enemy shields and packs nice shielding itself but is kinda slow compared to something like a hyperion and there is nowhere to get khaak missiles.

I thought about putting it in a SEWN wing but he would probably just crash into an equipment dock somewhere so I guess for now its just something to mess around with.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'd reverse engineer it, simply to complete the blueprint collection. I did that with my scout, and then found another with 3 Kyons on board. I can now potentially have 3 armed scouts. Whoopee. Roll eyes

*Edit*
Kha'ak ships cannot be reverse engineered. Also, if your ship has ships docked at it, it also cannot be reverse engineered.
Edit: wait, the scout can be reverse engineered? I thought all Kha'ak ships were unavailable to RE. I will try my interceptor and see if that works.
- martimus

Evidence:
Picture

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I wanted to reverse engineer it but when I park it at my headquarters it doesn't give me the option to.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hmmm.. that is odd. I thought the PHQ would reverse engineer everything? maybe there's another reason?

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Is there a limit to the number of blueprints you can have in the PHQ? If so I'd like to know now so I can be more selective instead of just RE'ing one of everything I come across.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@Morgund
Not to my knowledge.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Kha'ak ships cannot be reverse engineered. Also, if your ship has ships docked at it, it also cannot be reverse engineered.
Edit: wait, the scout can be reverse engineered? I thought all Kha'ak ships were unavailable to RE. I will try my interceptor and see if that works.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm resurrecting this thread for the grave to share what I found yesterday.

I stumbled across this lil beauty in Gunne's Crusade now that I've finally gotten around to colonising and mapping the previously unsafe pirate sectors.

Picture

Currently it's docked in my Panther, which you can see in the background, along with a bunch of other uncommon fighters which I'm going to reverse engineer once space opens up in the queue. It also had a load of Alpha Kyons in it too, so it's not entirely useless either!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Gz, thats the trouble with Khaak ships: Finding Kyons. Its a shame they arent built into the ship: seeing how specialized they are.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

i agree with you Roguey

OliasOfSunhillo

OliasOfSunhillo avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have found a way of keeping my Steam game unmodified and yet using a script to find all hidden crates and ships - but how do I add spoiler tags for those that don't want see?

Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've found a scout and two interceptors.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.