Notoriety

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Notoriety

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I've been noticing the way that notoriety seems to work once you hit the highest rank, eg Honour Guard of Xaar. The way it seems to me is that after I've attained that rank, no matter what missions I do the actual percentage does not increase. If I'm at say, 99% as a Seeker of the Holy Light, and then complete a station mission I get bumped up to a 30% Honour Guard, but if I'm at a 2% Hero of the Federation for the Argons and complete a similar mission my reward (other than money) seems to be diddly squat. No rep increase, and I remain at 2%. Is this normal game mechanics? Do you cease to gain reputation if your rank is already at maximum?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

i guess once you hit the max rank, then it wont allow you to gain any-more rep. so if you were at 99% of the rank below, then got a massive rep bonus then you boosted up over. I purely guessing although

mechm0343

mechm0343 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Sounds about right.. I've been stuck at hero of the federation 5% wont go up only down.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It seems strange to present us with percentages on the final rank at all, if it doesn't allow us to then increase it to 100.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

it does increase but considerably slower.

and it will increase over time but normally by fighting.

I have had 5% top rank with argon and split after i capped the JB's from the ships.

but now i am 12% on each but taken a long time because of Xenon Ships incursions into thynns abyss and Black hole sun.

nothing else seems to change it.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

I read a post on this a while back, it does move but VERY slow, it supposed to make it a game that never ends. More like a sandbox. It is the same with the X-TREME ranks for trading and combat.

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

If I remember correctly, (this is a rough estimate) the combined notoriety up till the highest rank is like 330,000. To be 100% with the highest rank requires something like 5,000,000. The numbers are almost definitely wrong, but the logic is sound! XD

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes, I heard that too. The part about gaining rep once you've reached max rank is fairly sorted now, but that still leaves the boundary between the two ranks. Why is it that doing a mission when you've just hit the top rank, i.e at 1% will give barely any rep reward, but you can jump from the lower rank straight to almost 30%?

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

i had the same thing i was at 0% at Planetary Senator, did 1 hard mission (Which was really easy) and it jumped up to 57% at Planetary Senator , and i did s similar mission for a near maxed out rank, it maxed it out at 5% Hero of the Federation

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Difficulty scales to your combat rank, so Hard is variable. For instance, an "Easy" station defence mission in my game usually spawns an M2 or M1.

You need to log-in to post here.