Teladi Geochen Bug :(

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Teladi Geochen Bug :(

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

First Hi eveyone and im happy to be making my first post Smile

Just Put this in the Teladi Geochen comments.

"Just tryied to undock this from the Boron equipment dock in Kingdoms End, and it keeps blowing up, sort of has if its hitting the doors. This only happens when im flying it, remotely it goes in and out fine. maybe sombody could confirm this? it had problems with another dock in Teladi Space too but i cant remember which one, but i lost shields down to 20%. sorry if this is the wrong place for this or if its a known bug."

Just thought you would like to know, if your not already aware.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I haven't confirmed it myself, but it's not at all surprising and I think most of us will take your word for it. The Boron equipment docks are notorious for making large ships explode on exit. Also affected are the Hyperion Vanguard and the Springblossom. This bug presents in any dock where you dock internally and exit through a launch tube, including such stations as the super shipyard in Queen's Retribution.

The current workaround people suggest is undocking with the AI while out of sector. I've found being OOS isn't strictly necessary. Thanks for adding the Geochen to the list.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply Seygantte, ive checked and it is only happening when i use the undock icon. If i navigate out no problem. i also thought it may be my mouse joystick or keyboard that may be moving slightly or have a bit of sticky key it wasnt. Thanks for the info on Boron Equipment docks and ill keep it in mind. Thanks again for the very fast reply Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, looks like ego missed checking another ship. These docking issues are annoying to say the least. Its shame that ego didnt have a box/square for the modellers so they would know what would dock without having any issues. Probably a slight reduction in size would fix all these problems.

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Roguey and thank you for your welcome, may I also say thanks for the fantastic and very comprehensive set of resources that you and your friends have compiled and brought together for the X community. I always have a map, plot or ship page open on my second monitor, thanks Matey.

My first thoughts when I exploded trying to undock was that the huge OMG front lasers were hitting the door somehow, so I removed them, but no joy. I think I’m right in saying that some of the stations have new skins and models in X3AP from those in X3TC, described has eye candy by EGOSOFT. So I think your right when you say it’s just down to a lack of testing. Ether that or the Borons just didn’t like to see me leave, after all they are a friendly bunch LOL.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

no problem and thanks Ghostwulff for your kind words. Always good to hear someone enjoying the site.

as for front guns hitting the door, guns will will have no effect. Its how big, or is there any sticky-out bits that can hit the station whilst undocking. Which is the modellers/ego job to test this, and fix it.

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

I cant post print screens ere yet, so ive uploaded one to my public steam go take a look. Same user name Ghostwulff. In it there does not appear to be any collision with anything, so it must be a simple case of this peg does not fit into this hole in Egos programming. sloppy very sloppy hehe.

Or see it here:http:Picture
and this: Picture

Btw all the Navy Seals perished so sad.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Personally I think it would be easier to ES to resize the exit tube instead of checking and changing all these ship models.

@Ghostwulff Thanks for the screenies, but as mentioned here those links would do better to have either [img][/img] or [url][/url] tags around them.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

You know the only trouble with collisions vis a vis station or gate wise I've had was with the hub, Oh and a massive Kh'ack force mugging me early on when coming out of gate in one game.

Even then it was a TS or M1/2 Class going thru the gate instead of just jumping out to a sector.
Heard many times though in a m6 my hitting the back wall as fading out for the gate jump though. No damage to the shields or hull when loaded but always had me checking when out the other side.

Wonder if the length to the wall-v-hull has anything to do with it or am I just a lousy big rig jockey? Driving

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Seygantte, i was wondering how. Im still a bit of a forum Noob im afraid, so many thanks for the info and ive corrected all my liks on the site.:) Its a shame about The Geochen cuz its obvious its going to be a popular ship to use just from its stats(i also like its looks), so u would have thought they would have checked it a little more. I personaly like to fly my Marines into action and be part of the action. Alas it seems i will be issuing their orders from afar and i dare say thier respect lol. But your right resizing the Entrance and exits to the tube type stations, seems like the easiest solution to me. Maybe the next patch. Wink

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi SMITHY77

I didnt take screens the first time it happened so i took my Geochen back too Kingdoms End Equipment Dock and set it up to take some. sure enough kaboom, so it would seem it is a problem with my Geochen or system. If it was my system say mouse keyboard or joystick i would expect other ships would also show the same problems so far i havent seen any others. although others are mentioned in this post. i dont have those ships yet but ill try them at the same dock when i do. Interesting point about the Wall v Hull, and im sure your an excellent Big Rig Jocky. Wink

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

For any ship that explodes on exit, you can set the ship to autopilot out of the EqD while inside and you will not explode as long as you don't take control of the ship until after it clears the exit.

Ghostwulff

Ghostwulff avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

For any ship that explodes on exit, you can set the ship to autopilot out of the EqD while inside and you will not explode as long as you don't take control of the ship until after it clears the exit.
- martimus

True thanks Martimus, i think i hinted at this earlier. but to clarify. Select your ships command icon, then select Autopilot then click command Console. Now access your navigation commands and either dock or move somewhere else. When your ship is clear of the Dock/Station disengage your autopilot KEY A by default. You now have control of your ship again. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.