whats your Flagship?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » whats your Flagship?

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

@suzukigsxr

i also play with no mods, and is that what you mainly do when you play look for I's and Kyoto's and then see how many you can get before you have to stop?

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ill admit i dont get whats so special about the Xenon I. yeh its got the sheilds, weapons slots and compatability, but the big thing about it is the barrage function of the Firestorm torpeados. problem with that is, the speed difference between firestorms and HHT/Tomma's. not only do HHT and Tomma's have less of a cooldown between launches but they are faster which makes them less likly to be taken down. this makes Bombers and M7M's more destructive than the Xenon I's barrage function..... kind of negating the ships biggest plus side. then factor in the hastles of capturing enough of them and also their speed i dont personally see their huge effectiveness.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

M7Ms are the most powerful ships, but the I is very fun to fly. It can hold more Missiles as well, so it has some pretty awesome staying power. Even without the missiles, the thinness of the ship makes it the best conventional battle destroyer, since you can easily dodge all incoming fire by keeping the skinny side toward the enemy. Also the Firestorm has a much higher range than Hammers or Tomahawks, so you can kill yhem from farther away.

And yes it is slow, but as I said you can take out bad guys from accross the sector with Firestorms. I actually like the slow trek accross the system. It is kind of like a slowly advancing juggernaut of doom.

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Just boarded my first M2 in this playthrough. Its a fully outfitted Boreas. All turrets able to support them have full PPC and the upper and lower turrets have hepts. (boarded as in transferred, i didn't take it over Cry)

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

M7Ms are the most powerful ships
- martimus

I agree, being able to blow anything up or board capitals does make a M7M very useful. If you ever get a M7M chasing you in early game, your pretty much screwed. I had one who went nuts on me once, wasnt much I could do apart from leave the sector.

@Link238 congratulations.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

HEPTs on the Boreas! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

May want to put flak on top/bottom/rear for some real anti-fighter weapons. I think it can also fit cluster flak. They are kinda rare-ish in my game but they seem to actually work better than regular flak. From what I have observed, cluster flak gets direct hits with the initial projectile then it explodes hitting anything else nearby. regular flak seems to miss a lot but does kill pretty quickly when it hits. If you get a chance try both to see what you like better.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Sinxar you really find cluster better than standard? usually find the cluster flask not working too well (missing and not doing much), so I stick with standard ones. If you struggle to find them, you could always build a complex Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Sinxar you really find cluster better than standard? usually find the cluster flask not working too well (missing and not doing much), so I stick with standard ones. If you struggle to find them, you could always build a complex Smile
- Roguey

Yesterday is the first time I actually tried them. I was impressed at how often they get direct hits with the projectile it shoots. It could have been because I was moving slower than a paraplegic snail. They do seem to track targets faster though.

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I usually use flak artillery, its just annoying as hell to get. I'll be installing it when I have the time. Im working on outfitting 2 Maccanas for a support carrier wing

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

im an FAA man myself, they are far wider used (every race uses them) and normally you get better coverage with the FAA than the CFA as what ships can fit CFA often leave the rear undefended!!

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

i use only CFA when i cant find FAA, but that is not a problem now because a have 4 FAA factory's in a weapons complex, FAA has more range and power and the CFA the spread has a very low chance to hit anything, or at least mine never hit...

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

They have a great chance of screwing you over in base defenses as you hit the structures far more then the ships

Picture
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

that's y you use FAA it doesn't create the signature flack burst just a fireball on the target, that and the shot is very fast meaning it works good against m5's and m4's

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

FAA is superior in my mind, only time i use the CFA is in the front turret of the Griffon if i want extra anti-fighter firepower... but thats rare and only reason for that is that the Grffon cant mount FAA on that front turret

- Tennyson
leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi everybody,

M6 Corvette Hyperion (like Seygantte) 8 sig , 4 ebc front , 4 fbl rear (Rapier and Hammerhead missiles)
M7 Frigate Panther f:6ibl , t+b:8prg , l+r:8flak , rear 4 cig (Rapier and Hammerhead missiles)
Support:
M2 Valhalla Drone Carrier
M2 Valhalla (MARS) f:8psp , t+b:24ssc , l+r24psp , rear:10ssc (Poltergeist,Spectre,Wraight missiles)

Never use area flak, don't want to shoot my own ships !

CU, leko

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.