whats your Flagship?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » whats your Flagship?

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

whats your usual flagship? and why?

since AP and the fixed Megalodon ive used that. plenty heavy weapons, heavy sheilds, plus a 5 ship hanger for my personal fighters. plus its really cool looking in thats bronzy skin with red lights!! (240/255 Hue/Sat)

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont know, I've always liked the look of the Split Dragon. I love the look of Split ships. Its either the dragon or a terran cap, those look great too. Not too great with the weapons tho I'm afraid

Picture
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Currently using a Tyr for my flagship, but not flying it at the moment, i am looking for Pandora crates in Pirate sectors to up the speed for it and turning, so at the moment i am flying a maccana( Humble merchant start got everything i wanted from the terrans and now doing the main plot) with 9 fighters and 1 scout (1 is a spitfyre that i love flying)

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I fly an overtuned Hyperion Vanguard, which I have creatively named "Personal Hyperion Vanguard". It's up to 229m/s and 8.8rpm, which is 9 speed crates and 12 turning crates. I tried to use the fighter docks for protection, but, due to the Turbo Boost, at the speeds I was travelling they'd usually explode upon undocking, so now I've got Blastclaw Prototypes in there because I'm a cargo whore. Obviously I'm using 8 CIGs, 4 HEPTs and 6 PACs. I've stuck with the HV because I love the speed, and there's not a ship I can't beat in it.

I did recently board a Megalodon though, so after a bit of a play with that my tastes may change.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

@JackKiller2266: have you tried using EJ's find wares script? to be honest with the number of sectors they can spawn and how far off the ecliptic they can spawn Pandora Crates may as well be a needle in a hay stack. you can use it and still remain unmodified if that is a problem, just save before using it, load the script via the script editor, note down the sector and coords and then reload to a point before you activated.

@Seygantte: ive always favored the ISR over CiG on my Hypes... especially considering its close enough to a fighter in terms of speed and with the personal one being overtuned its even more so. the bullet speed and firerate i just find helps when trying to hit the more agile fighters.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I always use missiles to take out fast ships while flying an M6. Hurricanes for M5/M4 does the job extremely well. I have yet to find a missile I like for shooting at M3s though but even in a slow RPM ship its not difficult to hit most M3s with the main battery (imo).

Even though the Panther has been nerfed in AP, I still used it as the flagship. With the fighters its still good enough to kill nearly anything. With some M8 backup its unstoppable.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Seygantte: ive always favored the ISR over CiG on my Hypes... especially considering its close enough to a fighter in terms of speed and with the personal one being overtuned its even more so. the bullet speed and firerate i just find helps when trying to hit the more agile fighters.
- ConCorDian

It was a close call between the ISR and CIG, but I did the maths and the CIG has a better damage/energy ratio which makes taking down capitals quicker, and I'm agile enough to not need the weapon energy drain that the ISR causes. It doesn't affect my fighter combat a lot, since 1 burst with 8 CIGs will K.O M4 and M5s, and leave M3s almost dead in space to be either picked off by my turrets or a small missile.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Springblossom (423m/s with pandora boxes) hyperion that carries 110 Wraith Missles i have a Wraith and Starburst Closed Complex for my 7 Kyoto's soon to be 8 and other Terran Ships

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@suzukigsxr quit showing off your fleet, and Con i am trying to play as vanilla as i can get

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

For awhile I was using the Argon Griffon Sentinel. Its a M7, with good shielding and a hanger. Kind-of makes the M7C seem weak when compared.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

its because the Argon Griffon Sentinel while an M7C , it is still an M7 battle frigate it just has some hangers for fighter support, its kinda like a very small Cerberus, and if you notice most M7C's cant equip True awesome Flak Guns (CFA, FAA and every thing else that is a good flak gun (FBL's IMO are not flak guns), that an all of the Current M7C's in the game do not go over 1GJ of shields

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

end of the day, if you want a truly Amazing M7 Carrier then there is only 1 ship in the running and thats the Split Panther, IBL's up front, Flak all over, and 20 fighters... with that kind of firepower under its hood as well as its sheilding it could take on a lot of destroyers let alone other Frigates.

- Tennyson
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Xenon I is still my favorite.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

that, and another reason you like it is because you have like 30 of them

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

@martimus Do you not find the Xenon I rather slow, travelling at 50m/s?

@JackKiller2266 I know what you mean, really the Argon Griffon Sentinel should be a M7C. Although it has much better stats apart from the hanger size. It kind-of covers both areas being a M7C and a M7. I usually have 9 x Eclipses docked on it: which normally do quite a bit of damage with the M7.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

@JackKiller2266

Just to let you know i have no mods AT ALL !! i play unmodded game myself.

i just work hard and lots of patience.

1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.